Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/26/2019 5:59 pm  #431

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I'm not a fan of Grand Forks' logo. I think the J is really forced in the logo, and I personally feel it would be better if the G matched the outside, with the F still in the middle, and leaving the J out.

I like Crookston a lot. Purple and red is an awesome color scheme, and the font for both the lettering and numbering is unique looking. So although the C itself is very basic, it's still a good, unique look. I get why a crown might not have been chosen (with Virginia being a successful team already using a crown for the logo), but a crown seems like a gimme for their logo (at least at some point).

1. That's fair, I'm not sure how long this monogram will last as I already have variations made.
2. Glad you like Crookston, I'm not sure exactly what they're going to go with for a logo in the future but a crown is likely to be used at some point down the line.

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

With some of these names and unique schemes being produced, what I’m cooking up looks like it has taken some inspiration from you haha. Just beating me to the mark on showing it! Funny how similarities can be seen though. Guess great minds think alike.

I like the clean purple look for Winnipeg, but the W matching the color of the jersey is throwing me off. I know it’s justified being on a chest stripe with a script that needs to contrast the large letter so I couldn’t even give a suggestion for it. Just wanted to see if anyone felt similarly.

Crookston really found their own market in a league with many similar looks, and sometimes even names. The purple and red just works in my opinion and I’m shocked it is not seen more often. The C does its job for now, but I would like them to take their own route with the logo and use a full king body playing hockey to separate from the other crown team, I think it would really fit the times ahead.

Grand Fork has a classic look that I don’t have much to say about. I like the logo but much prefer the jet secondary. Although simple, it’s a really unique jet logo because of the choice to go with a skinnier passenger looking jet rather than a military one, and it’s refreshing!

With Winnipeg and Grand Forks stepping in I’m starting to think about taking back my comment saying that the Raiders would steamroll this league.

1. Haha, looking forward to seeing what you're working on!
2. Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what I'm gonna do about that, I might just end up adding a thicker outline so the W is more visible.
3. Thank you, coming into the 60s and 70s expect to see more unique color schemes instead of so many blue and red teams. I'm not sure what exactly the Kings are gonna go with for a logo yet, but a skating king could be a fun way to go! 
4. Thanks, that the look I was going for. I'm not sure if this Jet logo will ever be used as a main logo, but I would expect an updated version in the future that could be.
5. Winnipeg is actually joining the Northland League, but I would say that the Red River League will probably still go to Thief River, but you never know about Grand Forks or Fargo now that they don't have to travel as far.

10/26/2019 6:08 pm  #432

The Twin Cities Hockey League is welcoming 2 expansion teams this year which is causing the league to divide into two leagues. Both of the new teams will be joining the Western Division. Let's start off with Minnetonka.

Minnetonka is a suburb of Minneapolis that borders Edina. Tonka is a town with over 25,000 people in it. Located on the shores of Lake Minnetonka and other smaller lakes, locals have been playing on the frozen lakes for years.

The team will be called the "Muskies" in honor of the predatory fish that Lake Minnetonka is known for. Their colors are blue and green.

10/26/2019 6:11 pm  #433

Our final expansion team are from Osseo. Osseo is also a suburb of Minneapolis, but it is located more north than the other teams in the West. 

They will be known as the "Screaming Eagles" and their colors are black, gold and white.

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

10/26/2019 6:16 pm  #434

Here are the updated maps for the two divisions.

As for playoffs, the MAHL will recognize BOTH divisions as their own leagues. Meaning that there will be 4 teams making the playoffs from the east AND west. The league's reasoning for why essentially was "They have as many teams as other leagues in the MAHL, so they will be allowed equal representation in the playoffs." This means that the playoffs will expand by 8 teams to include the Red River League as well. The Twin Cities Hockey League will still only have 1 champion which will be decided by a 1 game final between the top team in the east and west, winner wins the league.

Last edited by Section30 (10/26/2019 6:18 pm)

10/26/2019 10:41 pm  #435

LOVE the Muskies & Screaming Eagles sets!  (Green and blue are me and my brother's favorite colors, respectively...so any team with that color scheme is a NATURAL winner for us, and the Muskies certainly did 'em justice.)

Nice little two-division compromise, too...but I got a question that's been nagging at me,  In which exact city are the Twin Cities Vulcans based, anyway?

10/26/2019 11:37 pm  #436

Burmy87 wrote:

LOVE the Muskies & Screaming Eagles sets!  (Green and blue are me and my brother's favorite colors, respectively...so any team with that color scheme is a NATURAL winner for us, and the Muskies certainly did 'em justice.)

Nice little two-division compromise, too...but I got a question that's been nagging at me,  In which exact city are the Twin Cities Vulcans based, anyway?

Thank you, glad you like them. As for the Vulcans, they are based in Minneapolis and actually play at Williams Arena at the University of Minnesota, but they are made up of players from both Minneapolis and St. Paul. 

10/27/2019 12:01 pm  #437

1. Good call on the leagues, I guess the railers can still be in full control.

2. Seeing “Tonka” on a jersey makes me laugh idk why. Might be because my first thought was Honky Tonka Badonkadonka.. but that’s my own demon to settle and I’m sorry I shared that with you all. The musky comes off jagged on first look but after examining it, there are some pretty clean lines. I’m guessing it might be the detailing that was playing mind games with me. I really enjoy the identity a lot.

3. Osseo looks like a team that use to play in a league I use to play in called the Soo Eagles, if they were around in that time. I think it’s been one of the better looking teams you’ve developed. Highlights are the logo and the striping on the whites!

10/27/2019 12:57 pm  #438

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

1. Good call on the leagues, I guess the railers can still be in full control.

2. Seeing “Tonka” on a jersey makes me laugh idk why. Might be because my first thought was Honky Tonka Badonkadonka.. but that’s my own demon to settle and I’m sorry I shared that with you all. The musky comes off jagged on first look but after examining it, there are some pretty clean lines. I’m guessing it might be the detailing that was playing mind games with me. I really enjoy the identity a lot.

3. Osseo looks like a team that use to play in a league I use to play in called the Soo Eagles, if they were around in that time. I think it’s been one of the better looking teams you’ve developed. Highlights are the logo and the striping on the whites!

1. I would be shocked if the Railers finish outside of the top 2 this season.

2. Haha, the reason I decided to go with "Tonka" rather than "Minnetonka" was mostly to look better on the jersey, but Tonka is the shorthand name for the city and is what it is usually referred to as. If anyone is wondering, there is a company based in Minnetonka that made a certain little toy truck that goes by the name "Tonka Truck".

3. Just looked up the SOO Eagles and I'd say that your comment is pretty dead on lol. Also, thanks I'm glad you like them, I also prefer their white jersey which is somewhat rare for me.6.3.6

10/27/2019 8:50 pm  #439

Purple and red is definitely an underrated color scheme. Nice usage of it for Crookston. Looks and feels very natural.

I actually like the Jets logo but can see the argument for a simpler version without the J. Nice look.

The Muskies look fantastic. Nice work all around. Your choices of green and blue are well balanced.

The Screaming Eagles are one of my new favorite looks. I especially liked how you kept the yellow and white separated on the uniform.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

10/27/2019 9:28 pm  #440

Steelman wrote:

Purple and red is definitely an underrated color scheme. Nice usage of it for Crookston. Looks and feels very natural.

I actually like the Jets logo but can see the argument for a simpler version without the J. Nice look.

The Muskies look fantastic. Nice work all around. Your choices of green and blue are well balanced.

The Screaming Eagles are one of my new favorite looks. I especially liked how you kept the yellow and white separated on the uniform.

Thank you, I'm glad you like them!6.3.6

Board footera