Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/18/2019 4:21 pm  #261

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

Wow Grand Rapids will never forget that loss. It will forever be known as the game that was so intense it made International Falls “send food over the boards” when they finally won. Haha. I make jokes to ease the pain of losing.

8/18/2019 11:15 pm  #262

Stickman wrote:

Just now caught up with this,  WOW!  This is impressive!  Tons of work went into this project, I can tell, very well done!  Keep it up!

My favorite team is the Grand Rapids Moose for the most goofy reason ever.  I live in Michigan, where Grand Rapids is one of our largest cities in the state.  I don't know why, but for some strange reason, I actually thought they were from Michigan instead of Minnesota for a while, lmao!  But yeah they're my team, shame they didn't win this year, but maybe next year!

Thank you! And haha, it seems like Grand Rapids has a couple fans here, welcome aboard!

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Wow Grand Rapids will never forget that loss. It will forever be known as the game that was so intense it made International Falls “send food over the boards” when they finally won. Haha. I make jokes to ease the pain of losing.

Haha, I didn't realize I forgot the l in flood   I'll just leave it now because it's funny and I guess it's now canon.

Last edited by Section30 (8/18/2019 11:16 pm)

8/18/2019 11:43 pm  #263

Kellogg Cup Playoffs Great 8

Hibbing Greyhounds 3
Rochester Mustangs 0

Polich led his Hounds on offense all game long, getting 7 shots on net and 1 goal himself in the game to continue their hopes of repeating.

International Falls Ice 1
St. Cloud Bear Cats 2 OT

Neither team was able to score through the first 2 periods. The Bear Cats finally broke the deadlock 2:32 into the third., the Ice answered just over a minute later. The game ended tied 1-1 so overtime was required. St. Cloud drew a powerplay early in the overtime period. The Cats won the draw in the zone and set up the powerplay. Noah Sauer was wide open on the corner of the crease with the puck at the opposite point. The defensemen passed the puck through the slot to the tape of Sauer who just deflected it into the net to win the game and advance.

St. Paul Victorias 2
Eveleth Redbirds 4

The Victorias came out hot and looked like everything was going per usual leading 2-1 after 1. But disaster struck midway through the game when St. Paul's star goalie Peter Niskanen was struck in the face with a puck and was taken out of the game and to the hospital to fix the gash. Without a backup goalie the V's had to put a skater in Niskanen's gear and in net. The player-goalie was sadly unable to keep the Redbirds off the scoreboard as Eveleth went on the score 3 before the final horn to advance to the final 4.

Roseau Stars 2
Thunder Bay Giants 0

The Roseau Stars were able to do what most other teams couldn't which is out defend the Giants. The Stars shut down any offensive chances Thunder Bay had all game long, as the game went on frustration took its toll and gave Roseau multiple powerplay opportunities. In the end Roseau shut out Thunder Bay and looks to claim their second Kellogg Cup.

Predictions

Hibbing Greyhounds 4
St. Cloud Bear Cats 2

Eveleth Redbirds 2
Roseau Stars 3 OT

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

8/19/2019 12:02 am  #264

Section30 wrote:

Haha, I didn't realize I forgot the l in flood   I'll just leave it now because it's funny and I guess it's now canon.

Well now I’m curious as to what International Falls smuggles on the bench! Also, I believe I cheer for 6 teams in total and all of them just really know how to let a guy down. Grand Rapids being the #1 example.

8/19/2019 3:12 pm  #265

Kellogg Cup Final Four

Hibbing Greyhounds 2
St. Cloud Bear Cats 1

The game was scoreless until Polich buried a one timer to give the Hounds the lead. St. Cloud was able to tie things up midway through the third, but Hibbing got one back just a minute later. The Hibbing Greyhounds will have a chance to defend their title and the St. Cloud Bear Cats season comes to yet another disappointing end.

Eveleth Redbirds 5
Roseau Stars 1

In what was expected to be a close fought battle, the Eveleth Redbirds showed complete domination. The Reds led 2-1 after 1 and things looked pretty evenly matched with the shots at 9-8 in favor of Eveleth. Things began to take a turn when Mariucci fired a routine shot on net that slipped through the five hole of the Roseau goalie. Things only got worse from there as Eveleth dominated play and went on to easily win 5-1 and advance to the Finals.

Will the Greyhounds go back to back? Or will the Redbirds win their 6th?

8/19/2019 10:47 pm  #266

Well since Le Bleus continue to disappoint, let's go Redbirds!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/20/2019 1:02 pm  #267

Last edited by Burmy87 (8/20/2019 1:02 pm)

8/20/2019 5:28 pm  #268

Kellogg Cup Final

Hibbing Greyhounds 4
Eveleth Redbirds 2

1st Period:
In front of a ruckus crowd of over fourth thousand in the Hibbing Memorial Building the Greyhounds looked like their namesake, fast and energetic. The Hounds swarmed the Redbirds zone for most of the first period and headed to the locker room up 2-0.

2nd Period
Eveleth made some changes between periods and came out much more aggressive, pressing the pace of the game. The Birds were able to get one back but Hibbing answered shortly after giving us a score of 3-1 after 2.

3rd Period
3:47 into the third period the Greyhounds were called for tripping, giving Eveleth their first powerplay of the game. This was a vital powerplay, they needed to capitalize. Mariucci found an open lane and fired a shot that got past the goalie and in. Only down one, the clock began to wind down and Eveleth pulled their goalie to get the extra attacker. This last ditch effort was foiled when the Greyhounds dumped the puck into the open net to clinch their second Kellogg Cup in a row!

The Tschida Trophy was awarded to Anders Johansson of the South St. Paul Mavericks.

I have updated the graphics in the original post if anyone is interested.

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

8/20/2019 10:29 pm  #269

I like the new Kellogg Cup graphic. And of course, more disappointment from my teams.

I really dislike the Greyhounds. Like an inordinate amount of dislike for a successful fictional team. Haha.

Edit: Just checked out the first page updated graphics. Super well done! Excellent layout on all of that. I definitely gotta do something like that for mine now. Very nice.

Last edited by Steelman (8/20/2019 10:31 pm)

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/21/2019 12:05 am  #270

Steelman wrote:

I like the new Kellogg Cup graphic. And of course, more disappointment from my teams.

I really dislike the Greyhounds. Like an inordinate amount of dislike for a successful fictional team. Haha.

Edit: Just checked out the first page updated graphics. Super well done! Excellent layout on all of that. I definitely gotta do something like that for mine now. Very nice.

Thank you!

Haha, I completely get what you're saying I feel that way about teams in the other series on here all the time.

Board footera