Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/12/2021 5:02 pm  #2331

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

Spring Lake Park is a suburb on the north side of the cities with a population of about 6,500. SLP is smack in the middle of Mounds View, Fridley, and is just south of Blaine. The Prowlers will play their home games at 4,000 seat Columbia Arena in Fridley where they will share a home with their Northeast Association foes the Foxes.

They'll be called the "Prowlers" and their logo is a simple SLP diagonal text. The team colors are royal blue and gold.

2/12/2021 5:11 pm  #2332

Woodbury is a city in the East Metro with a population of over 10,000. There isn't currently an arena in Woodbury, so the Chucks will play their home games in Cottage Grove at 1,178 seat Cottage Grove Ice Arena.

They will be called the "Woodchucks", a play on the name of the city using a type of rodent native to the area. Their logo is a stylized W in the team colors of navy and yellow. Woodbury will also join the likes of Le Sueur and Orono by wearing Cooperalls.

That concludes the 1982 Offseason, let me know what you think!

2/12/2021 5:13 pm  #2333

Very good! I was a little skeptical of Lino at first, but they have an incredible set of uniforms.

2/12/2021 5:23 pm  #2334

I also decided that map graphics took up too much space on the first page, so I have created a map in google maps that I have linked in the first page instead. I will also think it here incase anyone is interested

Click here to go to MAHL Map

2/12/2021 5:25 pm  #2335

sportsfan7 wrote:

Very good! I was a little skeptical of Lino at first, but they have an incredible set of uniforms.

Thank you, I'm glad you like them!

2/12/2021 6:09 pm  #2336

Section30 wrote:

I also decided that map graphics took up too much space on the first page, so I have created a map in google maps that I have linked in the first page instead. I will also think it here incase anyone is interested

I was unable to access it, I think you'll need to share it with people who have the link.

That aside, the offseason looks good!

2/12/2021 9:15 pm  #2337

I have to admit, I didn't realize how spread out the Northland and Southwest were until I looked at the map.

2/12/2021 9:51 pm  #2338

QCS wrote:

Section30 wrote:

I was unable to access it, I think you'll need to share it with people who have the link.

That aside, the offseason looks good!

Thanks for pointing that out, it should be fixed now!

2/13/2021 11:19 pm  #2339

The MAHL Map is a great idea.
I like the Woodbury Woodchucks both the logos and the jerseys, I hope the Cooperalls pants goes away soon I would like to see what the socks look like.

2/14/2021 10:16 am  #2340

Section30 wrote:

Brilliant idea!

Board footera