Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/13/2020 3:49 pm  #2061

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

Expansion Teams

Dilworth is a town of about 2.5k that touches Moorhead to the east. After the recent rise in success from the Moorhead Huskies and close proximity to powerhouse Fargo Titans, a group of residents from Dilworth decided that they should put a team together themselves. The Demons will play their home games at 3,000 seat Moorhead Sports Center, sharing a home with Moorhead.

The team will be called the "Demons" because a player like the way it sounded and it is a good counter to Moorhead's "good boys" identity. Their logo is a block D with a pitchfork making up the negative space and "Dilworth" in a block through the middle. Their colors are red, black, and silver.

10/13/2020 3:59 pm  #2062

North Mankato is a city of over 9,000 that has been rumored to have been trying to join the Blue Earth Hockey League for years, but some rumors have said that the Mankato Moose may have been using their influence to prevent that from happening to allow some talented players from North Mankato to continue to play in the cherry and gray. That is all in the past now though as North Mankato now officially has a team of their own. There are talks of a rink being built in North Mankato, but for the time being the Bats will have to play in Mankato at All Seasons Arena, sharing a home with the Moose.

They will be called the "River Bats" playing off the towns location on the shores of the Minnesota River. Their logo is an oval shaped roundel featuring the team name on the outside with a bat carrying a hockey stick in the center. The Bats official colors are purple and silver.

10/13/2020 4:10 pm  #2063

Waseca is a town of over 8,000 located between Owatonna and Mankato and will be joining the Blue Earth Hockey League. A rink is about to break ground on construction, in the meantime the Gills will have to play outdoors at Clear Lake Park.

They will be called the "Bluegills", named after one of the most commonly caught fish in Clear Lake and all of Minnesota. The Gills opted to go with a simple block W for Waseca as their primary logo, but a cartoonish Bluegill logo is basically their main logo as it is found on both uniforms and is the most recognizable part of their brand. Their colors are primarily blue and white with some green accents in the striping.

That concludes the 1980 Offseason, let me know what you think!

10/13/2020 4:12 pm  #2064

Nice looks for everyone, but I can't see the Bluegills' home arena.

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

10/13/2020 4:17 pm  #2065

Sevsdast wrote:

Nice looks for everyone, but I can't see the Bluegills' home arena.

Since they are playing outdoors they don't have a graphic yet

10/13/2020 4:20 pm  #2066

Fantastic job on all of 'em!  Addressing each individual change would take too long, so I'll stick to the highlights:

1. Fantastic new mascots around the board-nice to see your affinity for dogs hasn't waned over the years.  Glad to see the MAHL get both its first female mascot in Goldy (I can imagine the White Bear Lake players and fans will speak quite colorfully about her) and its first non-living thing mascot in Boomer (as a casual Blue Jackets fan, I can agree that a cannon makes every game better)
2. I like the new trend Richfield and Le Bleus seem to be starting with the "stars on the neck"...I believe it's gonna get very popular over the coming seasons.
3. The new logos are all masterpieces as well, from the subtle tweaks to the redesigns to even the changes in color schemes.  If there's one VERY minor gripe I have, it could be that the Six's new logo (awesome as it is) might be hard to see on the front of its road jersey, though I imagine either that's the idea they're going for or it'll get a white-inside version in the coming years.
4. Lovely job with Dilworth, North Mankato and Waseca too, the fearsome pitchfork-D, the cute little bluegill and the "best of both eras" river bat all exemplify everything you do best with these.
5, Finally...I'm the Wiki guy, so you know where to send 'em all 

10/13/2020 4:25 pm  #2067

Everything looks great, but I especially want to express how happy I am with the Bavarians redesign. The best elements were preserved, but the look was refreshed and will see proud use for decades.

10/13/2020 5:54 pm  #2068

Lots of stuff! I'll go in order of things that caught my eye.

Coon Rapids - I think these uniforms are a major downgrade. It's a shame to leave the coon off the chest. Hopefully this set will be short-lived.

Six - I'll probably be in the minority on this one but while I like the idea of the word mark logo, I'll miss the 6 logo and don't think the new one is as visually striking.

Le Bleus - Fantastic update! I really like the minor tweaks, it really sharpened up the look dramatically while maintaining their classic style. I'd love an updated sig for them. The new striping is much cleaner and I also like the outlined numbers.

Walleye - LOVE the new B-tail logo. Major improvement.

New Ulm - I think you nailed this upgrade. I love the crest look and the new number face. A much stronger look all around while keeping their unique style.

Expansion Teams - I really like all of them, but especially the Dillworth logo. Nice work!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

10/13/2020 5:56 pm  #2069

I'll echo that New Ulm is fantastic. They're certainly one of your best teams.

10/13/2020 8:47 pm  #2070

I love all of them both updates to expansion teams. I had a hard time choosing which one is the best. Awesome work as always.

Board footera