Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/12/2020 5:45 pm  #1811

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

New League

With the East Metro Hockey League becoming overcrowded, it became clear that a new league needed to form. 3 teams from the East Metro, along with 2 from the South Metro and 2 expansion teams, worked out a plan to create a new league called the "St. Croix Hockey League". The name comes from the river that separates Minnesota and Wisconsin and runs right through the center of the new league.

The founding members of the SCHL are as follows: Chippewa Falls (ex), Cottage Grove (sm), Eau Claire (em), Hastings (sm), Lake Elmo (em), River Falls (em), and Menomonie (ex)
(ex - expansion, em - east metro, sm - south metro)

7/12/2020 5:57 pm  #1812

You were right...this IS the best offseason ever!

1. Absolutely on cloud nine that you made it six!  Menomonie just may be my favorite team identity now (green and black are my favorite colors, and representing my home state is always a plus), and I really dig the Chippewas' look too (nice lil' homage to their counterparts in Central Michigan).
2. I'm lovin' how the St. Croix League is lookin' so far...nice to see a couple of former South Metro teams comin' aboard too (they're gonna be forces early on, but I know WI got this!)
3. Hoyt Lakes and West Fargo are nice, classy looks too (I love the scenic logo for the Wolves, and the "stripey-W" for the Wasps is also going to be one fans will fondly think of)
4. BEAUTIFUL refresh for the Pointers...with the darker shade of blue and the Duke logo taking precedence, now they really look like my HS alma mater!  Neat refresh for Eveleth too (I hope the "collar-stars" look becomes a trend for all teams which have at least one Cup to their name), and Falcon Heights' refresh is very much needed-here's hoping they can finally find the success which has eluded them so far.
5. The mascots are all fun introductions, and the Bone is gonna go down as one of the best rivalry trophies this league has to offer.
6. You know where to e-mail the new looks at 

7/12/2020 6:03 pm  #1813

Burmy87 wrote:

You were right...this IS the best offseason ever!

1. Absolutely on cloud nine that you made it six!  Menomonie just may be my favorite team identity now (green and black are my favorite colors, and representing my home state is always a plus), and I really dig the Chippewas' look too (nice lil' homage to their counterparts in Central Michigan).
2. I'm lovin' how the St. Croix League is lookin' so far...nice to see a couple of former South Metro teams comin' aboard too (they're gonna be forces early on, but I know WI got this!)
3. Hoyt Lakes and West Fargo are nice, classy looks too (I love the scenic logo for the Wolves, and the "stripey-W" for the Wasps is also going to be one fans will fondly think of)
4. BEAUTIFUL refresh for the Pointers...with the darker shade of blue and the Duke logo taking precedence, now they really look like my HS alma mater!  Neat refresh for Eveleth too (I hope the "collar-stars" look becomes a trend for all teams which have at least one Cup to their name), and Falcon Heights' refresh is very much needed-here's hoping they can finally find the success which has eluded them so far.
5. The mascots are all fun introductions, and the Bone is gonna go down as one of the best rivalry trophies this league has to offer.
6. You know where to e-mail the new looks at 

Thank you, I'm glad you like the end result!

7/12/2020 6:04 pm  #1814

Section30 wrote:

Thank you, I'm glad you like the end result!

My pleasure...last request, could you please update my sig to add the Chippewas and Sawyers logos on it?

7/12/2020 6:28 pm  #1815

Huh, very nice new league! I’m surprised the Stillwater Volunteers didn’t make the jump with the other teams in the East Metro near the Wisconsin border.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

7/12/2020 6:52 pm  #1816

Congrats to the Royals! I was pulling for the Muskies but it was a great game and I'm happy for Virginia.
Also, wow, a whole bunch of updates, and none I can say anything bad about! I'm going to miss the cream for my Reds but it's still a great look, and yes I'm biased. Speaking of, can I have an updated sig? You can remove the Saints side of it too.

7/12/2020 7:44 pm  #1817

Name: Jamie Ronark
Background: After a childhood growing up on the plains of southern MN, Jamie went to the University of Iowa and graduated with a degree in journalism. He now writes for the New Ulm Journal about local baseball in the summers and Diamonds hockey in the winter.
Newspaper: New Ulm Journal

7/12/2020 8:14 pm  #1818

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Huh, very nice new league! I’m surprised the Stillwater Volunteers didn’t make the jump with the other teams in the East Metro near the Wisconsin border.

I was thinking that too, but I think they have been around too long. Most of the teams in the St Croix were established relatively recently.

7/12/2020 8:33 pm  #1819

sportsfan7 wrote:

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

I was thinking that too, but I think they have been around too long. Most of the teams in the St Croix were established relatively recently.

You're right. The oldest teams in the St. Croix (Cottage Grove and Hastings) are part of the Class of '72, and the Stillwater Volunteers entered the MAHL in 1956.

Inmate of the AHSylum
Athletic Director, Semiahmoo University

7/12/2020 9:20 pm  #1820

Name: Earnhardt "Earnie" Jaworski
Background: Earnie grew up on the "Rockin' East Side" of St. Paul, as his father Michael put it. As His name suggest, Earnie was raised to be a racecar fan. Earnie attend the local private high school, Hill-Murray, where hockey changed his life. His sophomore year, he became the lead statistician of the boys hockey team after he found a family connect to head coach, Terry Skrypek. Earnies senior year, the Pioneers made it to the Civic Center. After graduating, Earnie decided to pursue a degree in Journalism at St. Cloud State University; where he became a diehard fan of the Bearcats, but still held the teams on the "Rockin' East Side", especially the Retrievers, close to his heart. He now writes weekly recaps of the GHL and MAHL during the winter and NASCAR recaps during the summer, for the St. Cloud University Chronicle. 
Newspaper/City: University Chronicle, (St. Cloud, MN)

Board footera