Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/19/2020 4:46 pm  #1691

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

Perhaps the biggest change made by a team this offseason came in Burnsville. The Bucks decided to completely overhaul their look to "differentiate themselves from the other primarily green teams of the South Metro" the other teams in question being Rosemount and Eagan. So the Bucks dropped green in favor of navy, while keeping wine and white. The new colors come with a new logo as well which is a "Bucks" script with a tail, replacing the stylized buck head.

The Bucks introduced new uniforms that take inspiration from their previous look but with changes made to make the looks more balanced. Wine is also promoted to the base color for the away uniform.

6/19/2020 4:47 pm  #1692

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Those stripes for Blackduck have a very Green Bay Packers feel to them.

I may or may not have blatantly ripped off the Packers stripes from their old uniforms for Blackduck, not gonna say if I did or not... definitely maybe

6/19/2020 4:54 pm  #1693

Grand Forks has decided it is time to move on from the GFJ monogram the team had used since its inception. The new logo is more aggressive, replacing the Commercial Jet from the shoulders of their old uniforms with a Fighter Jet in the center surrounded by the team name and year of founding.

The brand refresh included new uniforms that take cues from the previous set while being different.

6/19/2020 4:58 pm  #1694

New Hope is making their first adjustments, simplifying their by removing the puck and city name to allow the crossed sword and stick to take primary status. The original logo is still used by the team in other capacities as a secondary logo.

The Raiders also made adjustments to their uniforms, tweaking the striping and making the away uniform only black and silver. The crossed stick and sword logo takes center stage on the chest.

6/19/2020 5:03 pm  #1695

Love the updates with New Hope.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/19/2020 5:37 pm  #1696

The final team to make changes to their identity are the St. Cloud Bearcats who received a large donation from a business owner in St. Cloud who was a fan of the team. The Cats took the chance to create a bold new look, replacing the SC Paw with an SC monogram and paw being moved to secondary.

The donated money went almost exclusively to new uniforms where the Bearcats implement the new SC logo on the chest, retiring the Bearcats script the team had used since 59. The Bearcats new uniforms feature a new stripe style, replacing the standard solid stripe the team has used since their inception. The biggest thing about the new uniforms though is the inclusion of a matching helmet for all members of the team. Helmets have been gaining popularity in the sport over the last decade or so and some players have made the decision to get a helmet for their own safety, but there is not a policy currently in any league within the MAHL. This is the first time an entire team will have helmets and I have a feeling it wont be the last.

6/19/2020 7:33 pm  #1697

Blackduck's new unis look great. I think the logo still gets lost on the home sweater though. I feel like they could really use a script or monogram of some kind for that home.

Burnsville is big downgrade for me. I liked the geometric buck a lot and the new look and scheme seems like they missed the mark on actually wanting to be different versus making a change for changing's sake.

I am a sucker for good roundels. I like the new jet logo for Grand Forks. I wish they'd kept the monogram as an alternate though. The updates for New Hope are good, but the logo loses a lot of impact with just the crossed sword and stick.

The new St. Cloud logo is nice, I like it a lot but I think an opportunity to add a STL Cardinals-style "t" in the middle row of the S was missed.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

6/19/2020 9:13 pm  #1698

Steelman wrote:

Blackduck's new unis look great. I think the logo still gets lost on the home sweater though. I feel like they could really use a script or monogram of some kind for that home.

Burnsville is big downgrade for me. I liked the geometric buck a lot and the new look and scheme seems like they missed the mark on actually wanting to be different versus making a change for changing's sake.

I am a sucker for good roundels. I like the new jet logo for Grand Forks. I wish they'd kept the monogram as an alternate though. The updates for New Hope are good, but the logo loses a lot of impact with just the crossed sword and stick.

The new St. Cloud logo is nice, I like it a lot but I think an opportunity to add a STL Cardinals-style "t" in the middle row of the S was missed.

I definitely see something replacing the logo in the near future, not sure if it'll be a script or text or what though.

I'm also a big fan of the geometric buck logo and I will say that it is not gone for good. I personally didn't like that 3 teams all used green but Lakeville is the only other team used blue (unless you count Hastings as well) and I honestly prefer these colors together.

Thanks for the feedback on Forks and New Hope, I'll keep those in mind.

I actually tried to add a t in the center but couldn't seem to get it without it cluttering the logo or looking forced so I ended up just going with SC.

6/19/2020 9:25 pm  #1699

Columbia Heights is a city in the east side of the twin cities metro with a population of over 20,000 at this time. The Hussars will be joining the EMHL and will share a home arena with Roseville at 2,100 seat Roseville Ice Arena while the city discusses a potential arena that could be built in the coming years in Columbia Heights.

The team will be called the "Hussars" to honor the cities early years as a community of Polish-American Immigrants. Winged Hussars were Polish warriors that were very common in the Polish cavalry during the 16th and 18th centuries. Hussars are known for wearing large wings on their backs. The Hussars logo is a winged shield with a CH monogram in the center for Columbia Heights. The Wingers team colors are "Polish Red" and silver. The Hussars have decided to use the CH monogram on its own on both uniforms rather than the entire logo.

6/19/2020 9:39 pm  #1700

North St. Paul is a town of just under 12,000 right in the heart of the East Metro Hockey League so it was only a matter of time before the town was granted a team. The Ramparts will play their home games at 1,200 seat Polar Arena, sharing a home with the Lake Elmo Bluejays.

There was a fair amount of questions surrounding NSP and what they would be called. Rumors of the Snowmen and Kangaroos were among the most widespread and believed. It wasn't until late August that the team finally announced the name "Ramparts" which was chosen to honor the towns history, originally going by the name "Castle". The Ramparts colors are black, red, and blue.

Board footera