Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/30/2020 9:07 pm  #1551

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

Dan O'Mac wrote:

dvdbubba27 wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Four for four on those predictions!

Assuming that your compliment was directed towards me, I am greatly humbled and I appreciate your kind words. 

No, I got all four of those matchups correct.

Sorry about that. I thought you were talking about my semifinal predictions, not about your quarterfinal predictions.

Inmate of the AHSylum
Athletic Director, Semiahmoo University

5/30/2020 9:10 pm  #1552

Dan O'Mac's Semifinal Predictions:

So it's the top two teams against the two Cinderella runs. The Vulcans are looking the part right now, taking down the Packers in convincing fashion. The Foxes are the surprising run of the playoffs (no offense, La Crosse). I don't see the Foxes upsetting the Vulcans, and Twin Cities advances.

On the other side of things, the Redbirds take on the Brewers. The Brewers are looking to be the second Wisconsin team to bring home the Kellogg Cup, with Eveleth standing in the way. I'm going to pick the upset, and the Brewers move into the finals.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

5/30/2020 10:16 pm  #1553

On the record, I'll be the jerk that says it.  Midnight's striking and both Cinderella stories are ending, (only saying that because I originally predicted the final was going to be Vulcans vs. Redbirds).  Off the record,  I'd love a Brewers vs. Foxes finale!

Last edited by Stickman (5/30/2020 10:16 pm)

5/30/2020 10:39 pm  #1554

Friendly Fridley for fictory.

*Yes, the misspelling is intentional.

5/31/2020 12:03 am  #1555

TourneyEarnie wrote:

Haha Edina

Haha Winnipeg

Fridley vs La Crosse plz  

5/31/2020 9:54 pm  #1556

1976 Kellogg Cup Semi Finals

There wasn't an open seat at Met Center as the puck was dropped between the Vulcans and Foxes. The Vulcans got on the board late in the first on a shot from the slot. Fridley would come out with a 2 goal surge to begin the second, energizing the crowd and taking a 2-1 lead. Fridley Extended their lead on a bad turnover by the Vulcans. The goal scorer booked it straight for his bench where he launched himself into his teammates on the bench in celebration. The Vulcans would not go quietly, scoring with just under 4 minutes to play to make it a one goal game. The reds continued to pressure for the final minutes of the game, throwing everything they possibly could at the Fridley goaltender who continued his run of incredible form, denying all of the Vulcans chances. The final horn sounded with the puck pinned in the corner, Fridley continues to shock the world, knocking off the top seeded Vulcans 3-2 to put themselves one win away from the Kellogg Cup.

Red vs Yellow for a chance at the Finals. Both sides spent a fair amount of time feeling out one another in the first, ending with the score still 0-0. La Crosse broke the deadlock midway through the second much to the chagrin of the primarily Minnesotan crowd on hand. Eveleth would bounce back though, tying it at one before the third. The Redbirds and Brewers went back and forth in the third with both teams getting chances. Eveleth blocked a Brewer shot and were in on a breakaway that was promptly tucked around the Brewer goalie to give the Birds a 2-1 lead. The momentum and crowd were really helping the Redbirds for the next several minutes with Eveleth bombarding the Brewers. A point blank shot was stopped bu the rebound was put home by the same player, extending the Redbirds lead to 2. That would prove to be the final goal of the game as the final horn sounded and Eveleth went out to celebrate with their goaltender, knocking off the Brewers 3-1.

Will Fridley cap off their Cinderella run with their first Kellogg Cup? Or will Eveleth add their name to the Cup for a league leading 6th time and end the 26 year drought?

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

5/31/2020 9:59 pm  #1557

Man if Fridley wins it all...c'mon shock the world! 

5/31/2020 10:02 pm  #1558

I'm sorry Fridley, this hurts to say but you're going down! Let's finish this off Eveleth, the drought ends here!

5/31/2020 10:12 pm  #1559

We all have to cheer for Fridley right?

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (5/31/2020 10:12 pm)

5/31/2020 10:44 pm  #1560

Wow!  Can't believe the Foxes are actually in the final!  Even if they lose, this HAS to be the best underdog run this series has ever had, right?  Even beating the Austin Mavericks run?  

Board footera