Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/15/2021 2:45 pm  #541

Re: National Dashball League

Thanks everyone for your feedback so far! We'll bridge the gap (and I do mean gap) to the NDDL East by taking a look at the NDL North and South teams whose affiliates we haven't seen yet:

Charlotte Records
Affiliated with: Atlanta Records

You may recall that when I first posted the Atlanta Records logo, I mentioned that QCS had made a very similar logo for a hypothetical Charlotte team. I thought that was a really funny coincidence, and I thought it would be cool to use the name for a minor league team. Fortunately, he agreed, and gave me the go-ahead to bring his logo slightly more in line with Atlanta’s and use it for this project.

Laval Rapides
Affiliated with: Montréal Magma

Rapides was a name that was considered for the Laval Rocket, and I thought a triple blue would fit nicely with the Magma’s triple red. That’s really the basis for the logo, which I think feels very Québécois and doesn’t look like toothpaste at all, thank you very much.

London Hogs
Affiliated with: Toronto Hogs

Toronto’s farm team ended up in London, sort of as an attempt to extend their fanbase further into Southern Ontario. I used the Hogs name, but I did make a new logo, sort of inspired by the Binghamton Devils. I honestly think I like this logo better than Toronto’s, but I also don’t think I’d want to use this logo for Toronto.

Raleigh Lab Rats
Affiliated with: Orlando Orbits

A lot of research gets done around Raleigh, so much so that the area around it is called the Research Triangle. Hence, Lab Rats. I figured I had to include red, because it wouldn’t really feel like a Raleigh team otherwise (see: Hurricanes, Wolfpack), and I paired that with the Orbits’ blue, along with a lighter blue for the goggles. The color scheme also plays nicely off the area’s big three colleges.

Only one more group and then we can get rolling again. Let me know what you think!

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

4/15/2021 3:05 pm  #542

All the NDDL logos you've presented so far are very nice. I like Laval a lot, the blues and the white make it feel like a team from Quebec, which as a Quebecker, i'm very happy to see

Last edited by Kingsfan11 (4/15/2021 4:12 pm)

4/15/2021 3:08 pm  #543

Not bad at all! The Records and Hogs both look like backup logos for their parent clubs respectivly! Laval doesn't look one bit bad either, very oceanic feel. The Lab Rats look very good, fan of the colors and logo, other than Phoenix, this might be a favorite team in the NDDL. 

4/15/2021 4:12 pm  #544

Another solid set

I like the London logo and am a huge fan of the Lab Rats whole brand

4/15/2021 4:55 pm  #545

Man that Charlotte logo looks familiar... must be a coincidence. I've got my team for now!

4/15/2021 5:09 pm  #546

The west looks good. I love that Pink Floyd flamingo story. The logo turned out great.

That London logo is 100% better than the parent club. While I would have prob gifted the old logo to the minor league team instead, I can see why you didn't.

Big fan of the Lab Rats. Great logo and color scheme to tie it all together.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

4/15/2021 10:31 pm  #547

Nice job on the minor league team logos.  I really like the Fresno Grapes, Iowa Lights, Laval Rapids, and Raleigh Lab Rats. 

I agree with Steelman, the London logo is an improvement on the Toronto logo.  Interested to see if maybe this leads to alterations in the Toronto logo?  

4/16/2021 12:28 pm  #548

We're finally here. Let's take a look at the final half of the NDDL East:

Atlantic City Waves
Affiliated with: Philadelphia Row

Pretty basic name and logo here, but I like it a lot. It definitely feels like a beachy kind of team, and it fits with the water theme. The blue and gold color scheme also plays off of New Jersey’s buff and blue really well.

Hampton Roads Mermen
Affiliated with: DC Statesmen

I originally wanted this team to tie into the history of the Hampton Roads region, but as you can see, it didn’t exactly end up that way. It does implicitly shout out the strong seafaring history of the area, but I mostly just like the way it sounds and the fact that it sort of vibes with the Statesmen name. And yes, they’re teal and purple. Don’t pager me.

Long Island Chargers
Affiliated with: New York Chargers

Like the Hogs, Records, Lights, and Redbacks, the Chargers simply went to Long Island and lent their name to an NDDL team. I noticed that the word “CHARGERS” would fit pretty nicely into the shape of Long Island, so I carved out the letters and threw the bull’s forehead on top.

Manchester Cannons
Affiliated with: Boston Commodores

The Cannons name felt like it fit well with the Commodores, and with Manchester’s and New Hampshire’s history with the Revolutionary War. It’s a fairly straightforward logo, and the wheel is based on the Dores’ captain’s wheel logo.

There it is! That's the whole damn thing. If you wanna take another look at all the logos and the league as a whole, have I got the map for you. Otherwise, Alexa, play "Hey Look Ma I Made It" by Smashmouth, and everyone else, let me know what you think!

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

4/16/2021 12:43 pm  #549

Not bad set to wrap it up! All four just give me a classic vibe! Well done IDM!

4/16/2021 5:16 pm  #550

I do believe this is the best set of four overall.  Especially the Waves, Mermen, and Cannons.  Each of these look great.  Nice job.

Board footera