Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/13/2021 11:24 am  #531

Re: National Dashball League

Texas and Philly going 0-66 is quite the change... oh, wait.

The NDDL West looks very good! Good to see Colorado getting a second chance at Driveball, even if it's at a lower level. Fort Worth looks like someone just erased the R on the RedBacks logo and scribbled FTW on there, but it'll work. 

The Grapes look beutiful! Would work for a baseball team as well, very creative. The Bombshells, well it's interesting name and a interesting logo, but again, i'll take it. Can't wait for the rest of the league. 

4/13/2021 1:01 pm  #532

Me: *You can move past your odd fruit themed team addiction. You don’t need more fruit teams to love in your life. Leave pineapple boi, spooky pumpkin, evil peach and all other fruit in the past*

Also me: Gee golly, Fresno looks GRAPE!

Have to say that I love the California update, too.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (4/13/2021 1:19 pm)

4/13/2021 2:49 pm  #533

Fresno is a very good, classic minor league look. The FTW monogram is clean, and, while not exciting, achieves what you hoped it would. Neither the Silver Kings nor the Bombshells really stand out to me, but they look fine.

4/13/2021 3:54 pm  #534

These are all really good logos for minor league teams. You have the Grapes with a super fun logo that doesn't seem to be taking things too serious, the FTW Redbacks just utilizing the parent clubs' look, and then the Silver Kings and Bombshells are just solid logos that I could see on an NDL team. My least favorite of this bunch is the Bombshells, as I'm not sold on the lips as the mushroom cloud look, but that's not saying it's bad or poorly executed. My favorite from this group is the Grapes. It ties well with the NDL club from a color standpoint, and the Fresno kind of meandering across the grapes is whimsical. All in all, a good collection.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

4/13/2021 4:01 pm  #535

Love the Grapes whole look, their logo looks like it could have been around for ages, instant classic with a fun name

4/14/2021 4:13 pm  #536

The extra update for California looks great!

I like this first round of NDDL teams. It's a good mixture of weird, copying the parent team, and classic. I like the Grapes the best. Just a fun, funky identity. I actually like the Bombshells logo, it's weird but I think it works for a minor league team in Vegas. Fort Worth feels classic. I especially like how you carried over similar themes but created a whole new identity for Colorado. Which city are they in? (RIP Pinnacles)

Nice work.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

4/14/2021 4:22 pm  #537

Finishing up the NDDL West today:

Iowa Lights
Affiliated with: Minnesota Lights

Between the Cubs, Wolves, and Wild, Iowa has a strong tradition of stealing names from major league teams. I didn’t want to break that here, but the northern lights aren’t as prevalent in Iowa as they are in Minnesota. Luckily, I found the High Trestle Trail Bridge in Madrid, IA, and it was a pretty smooth road from there.

Kansas City Riff
Affiliated with: Nashville Fugitives

Yes, I’m recycling one of my AltBA submissions here, but I actually had it here before I suggested it there, so I’m kind of glad it lost. The name comes from Kansas City jazz, which heavily revolves around riffs. The logo, meanwhile, is based on the famous 18th and Vine sign. The music theme also ties it in well with Music City.

Phoenix Fronds
Affiliated with: Miami Palms

It seemed only fair that dashball would return to Phoenix, and maybe it’s a little cruel that it’s a minor league team affiliated with the very team that left, but at the same time, it felt like the right thing to do, if that makes sense? I changed the name to Fronds, mostly so that things would be less confusing. Other than that, this is all pretty familiar stuff.

Utah Flamingos
Affiliated with: Chicago Frost

This one is a little bit weird, but there used to be a flamingo named Pink Floyd that hung out around the Great Salt Lake, and I thought Flamingos would be a fun identity for a minor league squad. The three hexagons in the back represent a honeycomb as well as a sego lily, Utah’s state flower, which is depicted on the Salt Lake City flag (as well as fitting in nicely with Chicago’s motif).

Alexa, play "Living on a Prayer" by Smashmouth. C&C appreciated!

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

4/14/2021 4:24 pm  #538

Steelman wrote:

The extra update for California looks great!

I like this first round of NDDL teams. It's a good mixture of weird, copying the parent team, and classic. I like the Grapes the best. Just a fun, funky identity. I actually like the Bombshells logo, it's weird but I think it works for a minor league team in Vegas. Fort Worth feels classic. I especially like how you carried over similar themes but created a whole new identity for Colorado. Which city are they in? (RIP Pinnacles)

Nice work.

Thanks! Colorado is in Denver, although they're in the smaller Denver Coliseum rather than playing in Ball Arena (and to get ahead of your questions, Iowa and Utah are also located in their respective state capitals). 

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

4/14/2021 4:49 pm  #539

Iowa Lights -  not bad! Funky logo, reminds me of an old team in one of my old Baseball leagues called the New York Squares. (Yes you read that right)

KC Riff - Great name and logo! Again, very Baseballish/Traditional logo. Great name two, would also work for a New Orleans team.

Phoenix Fronds - Happy to see Dashball back in my state! Great logo, reminds me of the old Phoenix Palms logo. Great colors too.

Utah Flamingos - Hate the name, love the logo. Never knew about that Flamingo named Pink Floyd that romed in Utah. Logo looks pretty good though.

Oh and livin on a prayer is Bon Jovi not Smashmouth.

4/14/2021 5:15 pm  #540

All around a great set of logos, Iowa and Phoenix are probably my favourites.

Board footera