Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/15/2021 10:35 am  #491

Re: National Dashball League

All boring series Excluding NY vs Orlando. Alright Frost, do us a favor and beat the Deadbacks.

1/20/2021 6:49 pm  #492

New York Chargers vs Philadelphia Row
Even as the four seed, New York was still pretty heavily outclassed in this series, and it certainly didn’t help when B/K Jim Pair was unable to go for Game 1 due to a broken thumb. With 38-year-old B/K Gregg Larkin forced into a starting role, the Chargers were basically tossed around by their division rivals, and they especially missed Pair’s contributions on offense, where they were held to just over 50 points. Pair was able to return for Game 2, and things went a little better, but even at full strength it was clear they were nowhere close. Game 3 was more of the same, even in Manhattan; Row W/ZB Zebedeo Perilla had a monster defensive game, seemingly everywhere in the end zone all game and allowing just two catches on 13 attempts en route to another thrashing. By the time Game 4 came around, New York was completely defeated, and Philly cruised onto the finals.

Texas Redbacks vs Chicago Frost
This was one of the most hyped-up playoff series the NDL had seen in years, and boy did it live up to that hype. During Game 1, the two teams seemed to be at each other’s throats all game, and the 12-point lead Texas had held in the third inning started to seem like a huge anomaly with how tight the game was down the stretch. Ultimately, a 3-point goal from Frost B/K Thorsten Winkler of all people would be the dagger that gave them a 1-0 series lead. Game 2 would be another tight one, with no team leading by more than double digits until the Redbacks started to pull away in the final frames. Texas would ultimately win by 8, tying the series at a game apiece.

As close as the first two games were, the first game in Dallas was the tightest yet. Down 3 with just 8 seconds left, the ball would once again make it to Thorsten Winkler, who would continue to leave his mark on the series, tying the game with a 3-point bucket and bringing us to a playoff overtime. Texas W/C Elide Amigazzi struck first in the ninth, but Chicago had the momentum, and when B/ZB Al Eaton answered with a 5-point arc, the Frost never trailed again, nabbing a road win of their own to take the series lead. Once again, though, the Redbacks would answer, with W/ZB Larry Whitt scoring 28 to lead Texas to a 13-point win in Game 4.

Back in Chicago for a pivotal Game 5, the Frost would answer with a 15-point win on the back of B/ZB Tony Bennett, who, despite seeming hampered by an undisclosed injury, contributed 51 points. F/C Greg Bauer was on the receiving end of the plurality of those, including an eighth-inning alley-oop over both Amigazzi and B/K Rick Delaney that became famous for Bauer staring both of them down after landing. As cool as it was, it definitely gave Texas some extra motivation for Game 6, and for the third time this series, they would respond and even things up. Amigazzi even got the chance to return the favor and dunk on Bauer, which nearly caused things to boil over. All that would bring us to a tense Game 7, with both teams’ seasons on the line and some bad blood developing. The game was physical, but stayed civil, largely because the game was once again incredibly close, with the two teams staying with each other almost play-for-play for large chunks of time. It only seemed right that this game, and this series, would come down to the wire. With just 9 seconds on the clock, Thorsten Winkler found Greg Bauer in the end zone to put Chicago up by one, hoping to get the last laugh. They would still need a stop, though. With one play to decide the game, needing any score to win, the Redbacks found themselves smothered. Larry Whitt was being double-teamed, B/C Kevin Hur and B/K Semarias Garcia were both being tightly guarded, and F/ZB Walt Duncan was preoccupied in the defensive zone. Out of options, the ball made its way to B/ZB Mike Webb, who was stationed at the perimeter as a last-ditch, break-glass-in-case-of-emergency reset option. Webb’s jump shot floated through the air as the buzzer sounded, and like the hearts of millions of dashball fans in Chicago and throughout the whole country, it sank, sending the Texas Redbacks to an NDLCS rubber match.

Last edited by ItDoesntMatter (1/26/2021 5:48 pm)

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

1/20/2021 6:51 pm  #493

You had one job, Chicago, and failed miserbly! Now let's see if Philly can do it again.

1/20/2021 7:55 pm  #494

Incredible series! AHTR!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

1/20/2021 9:36 pm  #495

You really do hate to see it. Good luck Philly!

1/24/2021 9:48 pm  #496

So a while ago, I mentioned my final project for Visual Design last semester, and I teased a part two. Well, since my next (and final 😬) semester of college starts up tomorrow, and with my next post being the NDLCS, I figured I'd show it off:

The two players are Redbacks W/C Elide Amigazzi and Row F/K Ray Thomas. Other than that, it should be pretty self-explanatory. If you have any comments, questions, or criticisms, let me know!

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

1/24/2021 10:04 pm  #497

That's friggin' dope! Gettin' hype for the series! AHTR!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

1/24/2021 10:05 pm  #498

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

So a while ago, I mentioned my final project for Visual Design last semester, and I teased a part two. Well, since my next (and final 😬) semester of college starts up tomorrow, and with my next post being the NDLCS, I figured I'd show it off:

The two players are Redbacks W/C Elide Amigazzi and Row F/K Ray Thomas. Other than that, it should be pretty self-explanatory. If you have any comments, questions, or criticisms, let me know!

Good luck for College!

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

1/24/2021 10:06 pm  #499

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Last edited by ThisIsFine (1/24/2021 10:06 pm)

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

1/24/2021 10:28 pm  #500

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Lookks sick! Can't wait for the series. Go Row! Hey Steel i'll make you a bet! If the Row win, you have to eat a Philly cheesesteak. But it Texas wins, I will eat some Texas-style BBQ. You accept man?

Last edited by Rugrat (1/24/2021 10:31 pm)

Board footera