Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/14/2020 9:31 pm  #291

Re: National Dashball League

GoRedSox96 wrote:

By the way, how do you simulate this?

I sort of explained this briefly before, but basically, each player has two ratings, one for offense and one for defense. These were originally on a scale of 0-10, but things have gotten out of hand a bit since. Each player also has what I call a yearly rating modifier, or YRM, which determines how much better or worse a player performs than expected; YRMs typically range from -3 to 3 but most players will fall between -1 and 1. Once each team has an overall rating for the season, I plug the teams and their ratings into a schedule spreadsheet, which uses some code I wrote to simulate the games and spit out their scores. That's more or less all there is to it; if you have any questions, let me know, because I'm sure this all makes less sense on paper than it does in my head.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

7/15/2020 11:21 am  #292

GoRedSox96 wrote:

Your simulator must LOVE those damn Redbacks then

"Those were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect new sports league.  But ItDoesntMatter accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction...Chemical TEX.  Thus, the Redbacks dynasty was born!"

7/15/2020 12:14 pm  #293

Cardiac Cardinal wrote:

Burmy87 wrote:

GoRedSox96 wrote:

"Those were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect new sports league.  But ItDoesntMatter accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction...Chemical TEX.  Thus, the Redbacks dynasty was born!"

I understood that reference. That’s funny.

Same here, and I don't even watch The Powerpuff Girls.

Inmate of the AHSylum
Athletic Director, Semiahmoo University

7/15/2020 1:30 pm  #294

Burmy87 wrote:

GoRedSox96 wrote:

So that's the mysterious black liquid that's been oozing out of my computer this whole time... Thanks Burmy, I was wondering what was causing that.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

7/15/2020 4:49 pm  #295

Ahtr

7/18/2020 12:23 am  #296

GoRedSox96 wrote:

ZO82 wrote:

Ahtr

ALL HAIL THE REDBACKS (AHTR)

7/18/2020 10:14 am  #297

GoRedSox96 wrote:

ZO82 wrote:

GoRedSox96 wrote:

ALL HAIL THE REDBACKS (AHTR)

You don't have to rub it in bruh

They've always said that

7/18/2020 11:20 am  #298

TPBAD (The Polar Bears Are Dying)

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

7/18/2020 6:24 pm  #299

ALL HAIL THE REDBACKS!

...ZO got me all fired up again 

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

7/19/2020 11:10 am  #300

GoRedSox96 wrote:

Steelman wrote:

ALL HAIL THE REDBACKS!

...ZO got me all fired up again 

You don't have to rub it in!!!!  Don't put me in a worse mood then i am already!  in the last 24 hours i have been fired, found out my twin sister has coronavirus and the only job offer i've recived is in another state so it'll take awhile for me to get paid again! In other words, todays been a very very bad day. GRS96IM
(GoRedSox96 is mad) Also, #BringDashballtoCleveland (that's will i'll likely be moving to)

Dude, you need to calm down. It's just a story.

Board footera