Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/01/2020 11:14 pm  #51

Re: The AltHL Season 2020

I agree with replacing shutouts with hits, I think shutouts are a bit too random to be a whole category. Excited for the draft!

12/02/2020 1:21 am  #52

Gritty wrote:

I'd be willing to do a swap for shutouts for something else. If we can seem to come to a consensus. My fantasy baseball league is a similar style and pitching and hitting are equal weighted. So I wasn't sure how much to skew it towards the skaters for hockey. 

We have nominations for HITS and PENALTY MINUTES. I think I would prefer hits since they are inherently good for a team while PIM are a negative. But I am willing to listen to others' opinions. 

Spending my whole life playing hockey, I have to say that goalies mean a lot but more than two categories in a non point total league gives them far too much value. The pitching/hitting split makes a lot of sense considering the amount of pitchers compared to hitters in a league, but there is a total of two goalies per team. If I wanted to grab the top goalie at number one and we picked goalies all the way through to eighteen there would still be such a gap from 1 to 18 that it would be unfair. I personally think point total works better for hockey like we do in the AltFL, but I like the idea of making it different. At 10 total categories I think a 7/3 is manageable for sure but PIM might be the way to go over my hits suggestion just because PIMs are more conclusive. You can’t argue PIMs but who’s to say what qualifies as a hit?

12/02/2020 4:01 am  #53

I'm in for hits.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THL, PUCH, WHA: Redux and Retroliga.

12/02/2020 8:18 am  #54

I'd say Game Winning Goals.

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

12/02/2020 9:53 am  #55

I personally think PIMs is the ideal category for conclusivity and encourage adding a Ryan Reaves-esque grinder to rosters, but I think hits should be saved for a tiebreaker scenario.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

12/02/2020 6:45 pm  #56

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

I personally think PIMs is the ideal category for conclusivity and encourage adding a Ryan Reaves-esque grinder to rosters, but I think hits should be saved for a tiebreaker scenario.

This is exactly what I was thinking

12/02/2020 7:20 pm  #57

I'll be more than glad to defer to the more knowledgable hockey fans here. I'll be fine whatever the ruleset is.

12/03/2020 6:02 pm  #58

Welp, game got moved so now I am coaching at.. *looks at watch* ..... December 5th, 8 pm est. Well have fun everyone. Any chance we can get those invites so I could maybe set up my auto draft list?

12/03/2020 6:34 pm  #59

I sent the invites out earlier this week. Just PM your email address or another one and we can figure it out. 

12/03/2020 7:48 pm  #60

Gritty wrote:

I sent the invites out earlier this week. Just PM your email address or another one and we can figure it out. 

I'll dig for it, it could have ended up in spam.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (12/03/2020 7:49 pm)

Board footera