Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/18/2021 1:10 pm  #261

Re: The AltHL Season 2020

Teams out here trying to do the math on what is needed to play Portland. We aren't bad or anything, it's just that everyone knows Portland gives out extravagant gift baskets to each individual on the opposing team during the playoffs.

4/18/2021 1:16 pm  #262

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Teams out here trying to do the math on what is needed to play Portland. We aren't bad or anything, it's just that everyone knows Portland gives out extravagant gift baskets to each individual on the opposing team during the playoffs.

Very true, hence why Hockey Stickman wants to play them.  He'd rather get a nice gift basket for free than have to go to the store and buy the stuff himself, (he is known for not being very generous to his team, let alone his opponents.  If the league didn't stop him, he'd charge them to play at his stadium)

Last edited by Stickman (4/18/2021 1:17 pm)

4/18/2021 8:41 pm  #263

Bighorns Headed To The Playoffs!!!!!

Holtby With The Win In Ot To Clutch It Out!!!!!

4/18/2021 8:56 pm  #264

QCS wrote:

Hockey Stickman held a brief press conference after the dramatic end to the regular season that allowed the Denver Bighorns to slip by the Los Angeles Titans to make the playoffs.  

If anyone expected Stick to take the high road and congratulate owner QCS on an exciting end to the season, they realized their error as Stickman walked to the podium, smothered in baby-oil, wrapped in cling wrap.

Stickman immediately claimed that the Bighorns signing of Braden Holtby just that day as an illegal transaction that the league only allowed to take the Titans out.  When it was pointed out to him that the signing was perfectly legal and fair, Stickman called the reporter a communist, ripped his shirt in half Hulk Hogan styled, and ran about in circles screaming, "WHO THAT HAS EATED MY FOOD?!?!  WHO IT IS.  I KILL YOU!  KILLED!!!!!!!!!", before being removed by his bodyguards.

Sadly, the reporters were unable to get answers on why he was drenched in baby oil and wrapped in cling wrap, but they supposed it probably involved the controversy involving his personal psychic Crystal Ann, molasses, and a Hannah Montana doll.

Congrats on the win QCS!  Kick some ass out there!

4/18/2021 9:01 pm  #265

What an incredibly exciting way to end the first regular season of the AltHL! I was glued to the TV and Fantrax all day. Congrats to Denver for a clutch win.

Stickman wrote:

QCS wrote:

Hockey Stickman held a brief press conference after the dramatic end to the regular season that allowed the Denver Bighorns to slip by the Los Angeles Titans to make the playoffs.  

If anyone expected Stick to take the high road and congratulate owner QCS on an exciting end to the season, they realized their error as Stickman walked to the podium, smothered in baby-oil, wrapped in cling wrap.

Stickman immediately claimed that the Bighorns signing of Braden Holtby just that day as an illegal transaction that the league only allowed to take the Titans out.  When it was pointed out to him that the signing was perfectly legal and fair, Stickman called the reporter a communist, ripped his shirt in half Hulk Hogan styled, and ran about in circles screaming, "WHO THAT HAS EATED MY FOOD?!?!  WHO IT IS.  I KILL YOU!  KILLED!!!!!!!!!", before being removed by his bodyguards.

Sadly, the reporters were unable to get answers on why he was drenched in baby oil and wrapped in cling wrap, but they supposed it probably involved the controversy involving his personal psychic Crystal Ann, molasses, and a Hannah Montana doll.

Congrats on the win QCS!  Kick some ass out there!

So many questions. So many concerns.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

4/18/2021 9:10 pm  #266

In an end-of-season press conference, Seawolves owner CC stated that, despite his settling in to the position of owner relatively late into the season, he was proud of getting this far.

“I had no idea what I was doing at first, but I did grow to get it and go with the flow,” he said.

He fully intends to continue his commitment to the AltHL in 2021-22, and with full knowledge of his responsibilities from then on.

4/18/2021 9:17 pm  #267

Now that I've calmed down (amazing conference, Stick, I hope that reporter's ok), here's the final score for luck:

Vancouver finishes the season as the luckiest team. The Glaciers had three more wins than they were projected to have, and combined with a combined 27-win-team avoidance, they surpass Quebec and Chicago to take the top spot.

In dead last is Winnipeg. Minnesota escaped with a low-quality win over San Francisco and Winnipeg got incredibly unlucky with an average points scored against of 111.1.

Some other stats, Charlotte finishes with the highest average points against with 113.4. In second place is Toronto with 112.8, followed by Minnesota with 111.9. On the opposite end, Quebec had only 88.6 against and the only team even close was Los Angeles with 94.3. No other team was below 100.

Final rankings:

1. Vancouver (3.311)
2. Chicago (2.640)
3. Quebec (2.336)
4. New York (2.223)
5. Los Angeles (1.359)
6. Calgary (0.766)
7. San Francisco (0.066)
8. Seattle (0.025)
9. Montreal (-0.085)
10. Toronto (-0.444)
11. Denver (-0.476)
12. Halifax (-0.860)
13. Philadelphia (-1.149)
14. Boston (-1.463)
15. Minnesota (-1.960)
16. Portland (-2.061)
17. Charlotte (-2.401)
18. Winnipeg (-2.763)

4/18/2021 9:25 pm  #268

In celebration of the AltHL playoffs, the JHALO Power Rankings are now including city edition colors!

4/18/2021 9:57 pm  #269

R.I.P. Hockey Owner Stickman 1895-2021. 

Anyway, congrats QCS and the Bighorns! Time to win your first crown!

4/18/2021 9:57 pm  #270

We ran into a lot of tough luck to start the year out here in Winnipeg, but after our 2-5 start we have pulled off 7 straight wins to make the playoffs! Your Central Conference Champs are aiming to win. Let's go Arrows!
#althlplayoffs2021 #aimtowin #WPGArrows

Board footera