Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/14/2021 8:51 pm  #181

Re: The AltHL Season 2020

After some close games, late-period heroics, and one heartbreaking Wranglers loss, here are the JmeLO Power Rankings, hot off the presses.

3/14/2021 10:15 pm  #182

Heartbreaking loss for the Wranglers. I was watching the Leafs/Sens game and was cheering hard for the Leafs when they pulled the goal with 6 minutes left. Earlier in the period, the Leafs scored and I had the assist which would have won it but they reviewed it and disallowed it. Luckily they pulled it out. 

3/14/2021 11:55 pm  #183

Slotted down two after *looks at Fantrax*... another win. I guess the people are asking "how?" and less about "how many?" when it comes to the W column. 

3/15/2021 8:25 am  #184

Power Rankings are published to start convrsation and spark controversy. So thank you for the effort, Jam.  

Fun fact that I noticed. The Founders have had a player on the Perfect Lineup for every week except Week 2. 

Last edited by Gritty (3/15/2021 8:30 am)

3/18/2021 9:47 am  #185

Sooooooooo, funny story.   I just realized today.... apparently, you CAN switch out players any day, not just once a week......... this whole time...... I've been keeping my team the exact same throughout the week because I thought you were stuck with your players once you pick your roster............ how am I 5-4 exactly?

3/18/2021 12:52 pm  #186

Stickman wrote:

Sooooooooo, funny story.   I just realized today.... apparently, you CAN switch out players any day, not just once a week......... this whole time...... I've been keeping my team the exact same throughout the week because I thought you were stuck with your players once you pick your roster............ how am I 5-4 exactly?

By beating teams that don’t know they could set their lineup more than once? Haha just kidding you have some pretty good scores for that. We are so good out here in the west that we have teams nerfing themselves.

3/18/2021 2:01 pm  #187

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Stickman wrote:

By beating teams that don’t know they could set their lineup more than once? Haha just kidding you have some pretty good scores for that. We are so good out here in the west that we have teams nerfing themselves.

Lol, yeah, I can't believe I didn't notice that before!  Course, now that I know this, I'll be keeping up on my team more.   Which naturally means I'll somehow never win again, lmao!

3/18/2021 2:21 pm  #188

Stickman wrote:

So what's the wild story behind this one, Owner Stickman? It had to be a real doozy to distract you from monitoring your team properly. /initiateleagueinvestigation

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

3/18/2021 2:56 pm  #189

Steelman wrote:

Stickman wrote:

So what's the wild story behind this one, Owner Stickman? It had to be a real doozy to distract you from monitoring your team properly. /initiateleagueinvestigation

I think we might have to wait for the prepared statement from the resident lawyer.

3/18/2021 5:15 pm  #190

QCS wrote:

Steelman wrote:

Stickman wrote:

I think we might have to wait for the prepared statement from the resident lawyer.

Los Angeles, California

Hockey Owner Stickman from the AltHL held a surprise press conference today to discuss the swirling rumors regarding his unusual coaching approach of only making roster changes once per week, (as opposed to daily, as most owners do).  This press conference was such a surprise, that only the local paparazzi gossip news group were able to arrive (who were only there anyway to investigate Stickman's latest controversy involving Prince Harry, some pineapples, and the National Australian Rugby team).

Stickman noted that despite the Los Angeles Titans' decent 5-4 start to the season, the real shocker was that he had only been making roster moves once a week instead of per day.  Stickman's excuse was a shocker, even for the paparazzi gossip group.   After initially blaming mind altering aliens, a vengeful nun, and the local members of the Democratic Party for causing him many issues, distracting him from his team, he finally admitted the truth.  He thought the rules were like in football, were you could only change the roster once a week.

The reporter on duty, Dick Dingleberry, later noted, "He's been an owner for 20 plus years and he STILL doesn't know the rules?!  Even pro wrestling heels don't make that excuse anymore!  How the $&(@ does this man forget which *^$*ing sport he's in?!?!"  

This event merely adds to the speculation that Owner Stickman could in fact be suffering from multiple personality disorder (given the identical twins Football Owner Stickman and the soon to emerge Basketball Owner Stickman have wildly different personalities) and merely has forgotten who is who and what sport each personality runs, (Editor's Note: This is merely speculation and the fact that all the Stickmen have denied being related could also be a sign that they merely are very similar looking people, all with the same name, and all being equally mysterious).  

What will come from eccentric owner next?  Find out next week!

Board footera