Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/15/2020 10:54 am  #391

Re: The AltFL Season 2020

It is the Final Four Weekend in the AltFL! Fans everyone are on the edge of their seat waiting to see who will advance to Alt Bowl XXI in Milwaukee. 

In the AltFL there are 7 coaches who used to play professional football. 4 of them are in the Final Four. 

Let's begin with the Gritty Cup Champion Portland Grizzlies. They welcome the Buffalo Bolts to the dome. Portlanders were sweating towards the end of the game against the Hammerheads. Miami came to play on Sunday and put up 128 points in a losing effort. Portland got a great performance from their defense. Mike Hilton, Lavonte David and Tyson Alualu all put up 10+ points on D. On offense the Grizzlies were powered by Tom Brady and Nick Chubb. Chubb ran out the clock on the Hammerheads to ice the game. 

This week the Grizzlies enter their 5th final four appearance. That takes the lead over  San Antonio for the most all time final fours with 8th. This is the 3rd straight final four appearance for the Grizzlies (seeing into the future of our Legacy Project). This time we have a matchup between Brady and Mahomes (funny how that works out even in fantasy football). 

Mahomes the AltFL MVP leads the Bolts into the Final Four. This is their third appearance all time. The Bolts are the only road team to win last week. They can thank their MVP Patrick Mahomes who stepped up in a big way. They also got a big performance from their ALLTFL Team defensive back Jordan Poyer. Kenyan Drake on the ground and Stefon Diggs through the air pushed the Bolts over the top. They beat a good Mallards team in Milwaukee in the Wildcard Round. 

So who's going to win this matchup? 

(Early Week) FANTRAX Spread - Bolts (-3) @ Grizzlies

12/15/2020 11:10 am  #392

For the second weekend in a row the Copperheads will host an Northern team in the rain. But the story that everyone is paying attention to is the first ever MANNING COACHING BOWL. Peyton who coaches the Brawlers is excited to play is little brother Eli (Tennessee) for a trip to go to the Alt Bowl. 

The Copperheads looked like they were in trouble early in the game. The Emperors put up on heck of a fight. But the Copperheads had a monster performance from their rookie Jonathan Taylor. Roquan Smith anchored the vicious defense. The Copperheads are making their sixth appearance. If Portland wins their game...the Copperheads could have a rematch between Brady and Eli as well as Brady versus his old team. 

They will have to get past a tough Brawlers team who vanquished the Reapers in the Wildcard Round. The Brawlers had a good performances from Jamal Adams, Marlon Humphrey and DPOY Devin White. On offense, Hopkins and Ridley both performed well despite neither of them reaching the end zone. The story of the game was that the Brawlers won despite have their top offensive performers on the bench. They wasted the 26 point performance from Miles Sanders. 

For this game, they will need repeat performances and then some to pull off the upset in Nashville. 

FANTRAX SPREAD - Brawlers @ Tennessee (-2) 

12/15/2020 11:34 am  #393

I thought I was doomed after Woods did nothing against the Patriots and then Mahomes throws 3 picks. I was down 58 going into the Sunday nighter and actually sealed the deal on a big Jordan Poyer hit on a kickoff. Crazy game all around!

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

12/20/2020 4:35 pm  #394

Well... at least I can spend my night not worrying about the AltFL. Gritty is on pace for 200 points.

12/20/2020 8:57 pm  #395

Just doing the math, Leonard Williams just needs to get 79.3 points in the last 3 quarters for the 'Heads to win.

12/20/2020 8:58 pm  #396

sportsfan7 wrote:

Just doing the math, Leonard Williams just needs to get 79.3 points in the last 3 quarters for the 'Heads to win.

😂

Looks like I’ll be in another close game. I really need Nick Chubb to have a great rest of the game.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

12/20/2020 11:44 pm  #397

Great game Gritty! Always hard to win when your opponent scores 200, but its even harder when your QB loses to the Jets. Anyways, as loser of the inaugural Manning Bowl, I believe I owe you a rivalry trophy. I have appropriated the Manning Award, given to college football's top quarterback, for this purpose. In addition to the trophy, you also have the rights to apply unregulated pressure on Arch Manning in effort to persuade him to attend a college of your choice. These rights expire at the time of our next meeting or after the passing of one (1) calendar year.

Last edited by sportsfan7 (12/20/2020 11:45 pm)

12/22/2020 1:27 am  #398

Good game, 3pt! My guys couldn't quite make the comeback after a dismal outing from my receivers. It's a tough way to end a great season but I'm proud of my team. I hope y'all give the Brawlers hell!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

12/22/2020 9:11 am  #399

Thanks Steel. Could be in tough if Diggs doesn't play but we'll see.

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

12/22/2020 9:40 am  #400

And that's that. It's all the North in the finals. Good luck to both the Bolts going for their first AltBowl, and the Brawlers going for their third! Unless one wins the final year of the Legacy Project. 

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera