Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/22/2020 5:51 pm  #191

Re: The AltFL Season 2020

I just saw a notification on Fantrax...a 1st round pick was traded?

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

10/22/2020 8:21 pm  #192

Wow, that went through? It seemed pretty lopsided which is why I objected to it, but I guess not enough people objected. I don't really agree with trying to tank in fantasy, but if it means less competition for me, I suppose I can't really object.

10/22/2020 8:59 pm  #193

I don’t care about winning. All I care about is having fun with this great community

10/22/2020 9:01 pm  #194

Rugrat wrote:

I don’t care about winning. All I care about is having fun with this great community

That’s not a very advantageous mindset in modern America, my friend.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

10/22/2020 9:21 pm  #195

ThisIsFine wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

If we suck, we suck. It is what it is bro. If I want to make a bad trade, I can do that. If y’all want me to sell the team, I can’t do that. I just care about having fun and not winning. Winning isn’t everything.

Last edited by Rugrat (10/22/2020 9:21 pm)

10/22/2020 9:47 pm  #196

Rugrat wrote:

ThisIsFine wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

If we suck, we suck. It is what it is bro. If I want to make a bad trade, I can do that. If y’all want me to sell the team, I can’t do that. I just care about having fun and not winning. Winning isn’t everything.

This is the mindset we need. It’s not about the bragging rights, it’s all fun. These things are for hot takes, chirps, and all around entertainment with excellent concepts.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

10/22/2020 9:54 pm  #197

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

ThisIsFine wrote:

This is the mindset we need. It’s not about the bragging rights, it’s all fun. These things are for hot takes, chirps, and all around entertainment with excellent concepts.

I agree, these are just fantasy, and these are random people who don't know each other. We still manage to keep things entertaining, this is the ultimate concepts website. 

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

10/22/2020 9:58 pm  #198

Just to defend the trade for a second. It looks lopsided right now. But for a team that is 1-5 I think it is a good deal. With the values of the keepers. Keeping your first round pick will come at the cost of a good part of your team. In this case, I get a good player this year but someone who I probably will not be able to keep while he gets a young starting running back and a first round pick. Players who were available at the end of the first round and in the second round include some real studs...Kenneth Murray, Justin Jefferson, Henry Ruggs, Tee Higgins, Jeremy Chinn, Laviska Shenault, Antoine Winfield, Zack Moss, Chase Claypool. It's a strategy I use every year in other keeper leagues. 

I get what everyone is saying though. All in good fun. But I wouldn't have done a trade if I didn't believe it was good for both sides. 

10/22/2020 10:31 pm  #199

Oh, I hadn't seen that a first round pick was included. I have no problem with the trade with that involved, for whatever reason it didn't show up on Fantrax.

10/22/2020 11:00 pm  #200

QCS wrote:

Oh, I hadn't seen that a first round pick was included. I have no problem with the trade with that involved, for whatever reason it didn't show up on Fantrax.

Totally fair. I posted a thing on a fantrax forum? I didn't know that was a thing. I actually think you can trade picks via fantrax but i need to set it up. Something for the future. 

Board footera