Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/07/2020 12:05 pm  #31

Re: Term 1- Group 1

If you want to take a stab at baseball be my guest, I'm been brainstorming football for a while now and definitely want a shot at it.

Edit: Also working on the final renditions of the logo set now, should be done with it not long from now.

Last edited by MyTeamIsDr.Pepper (9/07/2020 12:06 pm)

9/07/2020 12:37 pm  #32

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Also for universities, this might be a QCS question I'm not sure, but shouldnt we have 2 fonts? An actual university font and then a font used by the athletic program. Following up on that, do we need to make a seal for the university?

There is no requirement for an actual school crest or second font, just focused on the athletics programs and their branding.

9/07/2020 12:54 pm  #33

Wallflower wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Also for universities, this might be a QCS question I'm not sure, but shouldnt we have 2 fonts? An actual university font and then a font used by the athletic program. Following up on that, do we need to make a seal for the university?

There is no requirement for an actual school crest or second font, just focused on the athletics programs and their branding.

Thanks!

Also finished the primary and secondary now! I couldn't find the Western Sand font by the way? Is it free?
Here's the logos! The official color hex code is: 97233F

9/07/2020 1:15 pm  #34

Beautiful logos.

I can't find the font either, but I found this:

https://www.dafont.com/ifc-insane-rodeo.font?fpp=200&psize=l&back=theme

It looks pretty much the same minus the outline, but I figure we can just add our own outline to it?

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

9/07/2020 1:21 pm  #35

Awesome job on the logos!  

Yeah, that Western Sands font might not be available if neither of you can find it.  That insane rodeo font looks very nice though, adding our own outlines would look nice, but it's up to you all if you want to do that or not.

9/07/2020 2:19 pm  #36

Here are the basketball jerseys. I tried to keep them as clean as possible minus the 2nd alt where I tried to get a bit whacky but still keep it clean and simple. The 1st alt I went with an all black that could be worn during special rivalry games or something. Only thing I think I would change is maybe flip the colours on the WC on the black jerseys so it matches the numbers.

9/07/2020 3:52 pm  #37

Dang!  You got that up quick!  Very impressive!  And these look really awesome!  I especially like how you encorporated MacBeth's train track design from his alternate jersey for the red alternate here!  

I do agree with switching the WC on the black jersey to white to match the numbers and in fact, I'd consider doing the same with the red home set (not the alternate) since that would match the numbers too!

9/07/2020 4:00 pm  #38

Good catch on the homes! I think these look sharp. The logo really pops on the blacks now too.

9/07/2020 8:46 pm  #39

Wow, I'm a huge fan of those unis 3point! My only tweak would be removing the numbers from the alternate's shorts. I feel like that's not too common in basketball to see the numbers on the shorts. Personally, removing the oversize secondary from the pants and letting the stripe continue down the shorts and putting the logo where the numbers currently are I think would look better. But, like I said that's more personal. that's more of a personal choice. Also great job with the font, I'm a big fan.

Edit: Also here's the look for football! Both Cardinal and White pant options are available for both home and away. The alternate continues the railroad tracks trend from basketball and hockey. 

Last edited by MyTeamIsDr.Pepper (9/07/2020 9:41 pm)

9/08/2020 1:03 am  #40

Anyone got an MS Paint-friendly version of this font? I tried de-pixelising it but looked so damn ugly.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

Board footera