Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/21/2020 4:27 pm  #111

Re: Term 1- Group 1

Not in this group but thought I could throw this out there, maybe Oahu could be like the University of Denver in real life that uses a DU logo despite not being actually called Denver University

9/21/2020 4:35 pm  #112

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

The new lightning bolt was put there in order to take place of the actual stripe of brown feathers found there on western ospreys. I really like how it turned out. Also 3points right on the money, I started working on an OU logo but realised Oklahoma already had that so I flipped it, should've probably asked about that ahead of time, my bad.
By the way, the font on that UO logo is the Denver Broncos font italized.

Yeah, I was wondering if that was where you were going there.  Don't get me wrong, it DOES look very good overall.  I'm just saying I think we lose the thunderbolt if we go with that design, as most people will not see that when they look at the logo, (at least, I certainly didn't and I knew it was there).  But being clear that thunderbolt also isn't making or breaking this design at all, (though I'll admit, it added a nice layer of personality that was neat).   However, I do also understand wanting to be realistic too with the design, sooo, I'm perfectly okay with this!

Totally forgot about Oklahoma being O.U., so yeah I'm totally down with U.O. for Oahu.  The font itself is fine, definitely not where I expected this to go, but it actually does feel appropriate for a Hawaiian college.  Either this or 3 Point's Nuport font O would work well here!

Last edited by Stickman (9/21/2020 4:39 pm)

9/22/2020 4:16 am  #113

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

So here's what I got for the updated logos. I tried to keep as much of the original as I could, but I made it more osprey like and I better incorporated the thunderbolt idea. I also came up with a cleaner secondary logo.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

9/22/2020 3:36 pm  #114

Just a reminder for everyone, tomorrow night (QCS said it was Midnight Pacific time, 3 Am eastern time) is the deadline for our project!  I think we're doing a great job so far, just need to get everything submitted and we'll be all set!

9/22/2020 5:08 pm  #115

Stickman wrote:

Just a reminder for everyone, tomorrow night (QCS said it was Midnight Pacific time, 3 Am eastern time) is the deadline for our project!  I think we're doing a great job so far, just need to get everything submitted and we'll be all set!

Not tomorrow night, Thursday night.

9/22/2020 5:14 pm  #116

QCS wrote:

Stickman wrote:

Not tomorrow night, Thursday night.

Oh geez, you're right!  Sorry about that!  At my old age, I totally forgot today's only Tuesday, for some reason I thought it was already Wednesday!  LOL

Last edited by Stickman (9/22/2020 5:15 pm)

9/22/2020 7:05 pm  #117

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

9/22/2020 8:12 pm  #118

Basketball uniforms are slick! Might suggest a rounder number font just to match with the logo above it a little more. Not matching or anything, but just enough to feel cohesive. I really like the green a lot.

9/22/2020 9:50 pm  #119

Much like with WCU, I'm a big fan of the basketball unis! Although I think there's one things bugging me the most. I would like to see how you did the white uniform on every uniform.  Preferably I'd have the numbers and striping match the logo on every set. For example, the yellow uniform should have green numbers with a black and white outline.
Hopefully that makes sense!
I should have football up soon hopefully!

9/22/2020 10:52 pm  #120

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

Board footera