Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/18/2020 1:28 pm  #81

Re: Term 1 - Group 5

Still here, just waiting for the updated logo

9/20/2020 8:09 pm  #82

First of all, I want to say I'm really sorry for being busy and leaving you all sans Burmy in the dark about this. Things got hectic over the past week and I feel really bad about being unable to hold up my end of the bargain.

With that said, here's the second draft, with suggestions taken from all of you:

I do agree with all of the suggestions and I do think it looks more complete this way. I'm not really happy with the water, however. I couldn't get a splash to look good.

Thoughts? Also, if I have to make any tweaks I promise they won't take as long.

9/20/2020 8:52 pm  #83

I give this my seal of approval.

How about you guys?

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

9/20/2020 9:00 pm  #84

ThisIsFine wrote:

How about you guys?

May be jumping the gun a bit here, but just in case this is final, is there a certain file format you guys want it in? So that you can use it in your unis?

9/20/2020 9:21 pm  #85

I don't want to come off as rude but I definitely think this is still lacking some detailed. Just to name the big ones, the boat looks incomplete, the text should fill in that weird gap and the water isn't looking quite the way you want it to. I'm not in this group so I don't want to make the decisions for you, that is if you want to roll with it. All in all though it doesn't lack potential. I do think the best plan of action would be starting over however, that angle is a bit complex for such a detailed subject as a big boat and the roundel is a bit rough. I think a good basis for a redesign of this logo would be the San Diego Fleet logo. 
Hope this helps!

9/20/2020 9:29 pm  #86

CCLXXXVII wrote:

ThisIsFine wrote:

How about you guys?

May be jumping the gun a bit here, but just in case this is final, is there a certain file format you guys want it in? So that you can use it in your unis?

I mean, we only have a few more days to get this finalized.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

9/20/2020 10:23 pm  #87

It VERY nearly looks like a finished logo...it just needs one LITTLE mark somewhere on the ship (Maybe the "VM" on the crow's nest of the "Ironclads" wordmark on the port bow)

I'll try putting together the finishing touches here...and Dr. Pepper, if you could keep your feedback in your OWN group, that would be great.  Thank you.

9/20/2020 10:35 pm  #88

Burmy87 wrote:

It VERY nearly looks like a finished logo...it just needs one LITTLE mark somewhere on the ship (Maybe the "VM" on the crow's nest of the "Ironclads" wordmark on the port bow)

I'll try putting together the finishing touches here...and Dr. Pepper, if you could keep your feedback in your OWN group, that would be great.  Thank you.

Hey I'm just trying to pass some C&C around, sorry if my message came off wrong.

9/20/2020 10:45 pm  #89

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Hey I'm just trying to pass some C&C around, sorry if my message came off wrong.

It's all good...I appreciate your concern, but we've got this covered.

9/20/2020 10:57 pm  #90

I think DP had some good feedback that I agree a lot with, I'll make a list below of some suggestions I might suggest

- remove the wave, maybe make the blank space below the boat inside the circle blue
- thicken the roundel and outlines a bit and increase the font size and spacing to prevent the awkward gaps of maroon
- move the sh-t a bit further right or shrink it a bit, right now it sticks way too far out to the left hand side
- kinda going off what Burmy said I think that adding "Ironclads" on the ship would give it just a little more life

It's almost there, just a few things I would touch up a little bit

Board footera