Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/15/2020 10:57 pm  #111

Re: Term 1 - Group 7

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

I was looking at neighborhoods again (Baltimore has a lot!) and [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canton,_Baltimore]Canton[/url] caught my eye. It's a historic neighborhood, it's right on the harbor, and it would work with either Crabs/Crabbers/Crab Fishers or Captains (it was even home to the original USS Constellation for a while). I know we already have a lot of options, but I think I might be leaning towards the Canton Crabbers as the direction we take.

As a former Baltimorean I can tell you that Canton is great! Not sure if you'd be able to fit an entire campus into it BUT we are working just slightly in the world of make believe - it would be a great location. 

9/15/2020 11:18 pm  #112

Canton College Fishers?

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/16/2020 12:12 am  #113

Gritty wrote:

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

I was looking at neighborhoods again (Baltimore has a lot!) and [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canton,_Baltimore]Canton[/url] caught my eye. It's a historic neighborhood, it's right on the harbor, and it would work with either Crabs/Crabbers/Crab Fishers or Captains (it was even home to the original USS Constellation for a while). I know we already have a lot of options, but I think I might be leaning towards the Canton Crabbers as the direction we take.

As a former Baltimorean I can tell you that Canton is great! Not sure if you'd be able to fit an entire campus into it BUT we are working just slightly in the world of make believe - it would be a great location. 

I'm glad someone who actually has experience agrees! I'm just messing around on Wikipedia, lol. Baltimore's neighborhoods are so tiny that I'm not sure you could fit a campus into any of them, but I think Canton is one of the best we've got. Maybe it started in Canton and expanded/moved its way into adjacent neighborhoods as time went on?

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Canton College Fishers?

I didn't initially like Fishers on its own, but I'm starting to come around to it. The main advantage Fishers has for me (as opposed to Crab Fishers or Crabbers) is that I would feel justified using an actual crab logo, with the reason of tying the name more directly with the specific industry of crabbing rather than fishing as a whole. With those other names, it almost feels wrong to me to use a crab logo because crab fishermen and crabs are sort of adversaries. Hopefully I'm explaining myself well here but it's 1 am and I feel like this shouldn't take so many words to express. 

9/16/2020 9:47 am  #114

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Canton College Fishers?

I didn't initially like Fishers on its own, but I'm starting to come around to it. The main advantage Fishers has for me (as opposed to Crab Fishers or Crabbers) is that I would feel justified using an actual crab logo, with the reason of tying the name more directly with the specific industry of crabbing rather than fishing as a whole. With those other names, it almost feels wrong to me to use a crab logo because crab fishermen and crabs are sort of adversaries. Hopefully I'm explaining myself well here but it's 1 am and I feel like this shouldn't take so many words to express. 

I love the idea of a crab logo, it just seems to fit for Baltimore. I think a secondary logo with just a fish hook could work too. But I'd like to hear what ANDY! and sevsdast think so we can move on to colors, sports, etc.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/16/2020 12:54 pm  #115

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I love the idea of a crab logo, it just seems to fit for Baltimore. I think a secondary logo with just a fish hook could work too. But I'd like to hear what ANDY! and sevsdast think so we can move on to colors, sports, etc.

Agreed. Do want to jump in on colors real quick, because I really like the idea of a Maryland flag color scheme:

To be clear, I don't want to go as Maryland as the Terrapins do, but I think if we use our red as the base color with black as the main secondary and just a pinch of gold, that'd look really dope.

9/16/2020 1:09 pm  #116

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Agreed. Do want to jump in on colors real quick, because I really like the idea of a Maryland flag color scheme:

To be clear, I don't want to go as Maryland as the Terrapins do, but I think if we use our red as the base color with black as the main secondary and just a pinch of gold, that'd look really dope.

My first thought (despite how I hate them) was Ohio State. I like this option a lot more. Locally relevant, and a good scheme.

9/16/2020 7:04 pm  #117

I really like Canton College Fishers, and I think it only makes sense with a crab logo to have the Maryland state flag colors.

9/16/2020 10:47 pm  #118

Well, we have a majority on Canton College Fishers, so we can start on a logo.

9/17/2020 9:19 am  #119

How's this for a logo?

If I'm being completely honest, I could've sworn this is almost identical to some other CC logo, but if it is, I don't remember it and can't find it. Regardless, it's really simple, but I think it fits well with the traditional aesthetic I associate with the name Canton College. I can work on a crab logo as a secondary too if that's the direction we all want to go, but I figured I'd start here.

9/17/2020 9:51 am  #120

Of what I saw, there arent any D1 colleges that use that same concept, but I did see multiple smaller colleges use that. I think its fine, but if you want to re-work it, I won't stop you. Also, have we talked much about sports CC plays yet?

Board footera