Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



9/04/2020 1:58 am  #21


Re: The Ideas Thread

So I'm kinda now thinking about potentially doing out school in Oyster Bay which happens to be the Birthplace of one Theodore Roosevelt. So maybe doing the University of Long Island Colonels which was his Rank in the New York National Guard, the date would lend itself to the idea that the school was built to honor Teddy's Legacy. 

 

9/04/2020 6:52 am  #22


Re: The Ideas Thread

Our group has to do with space in Florida, I immediately thought Orlando as the destination.
My first thought was for a Disney themed university, but went with University  of Florida Orlando for one reason, it’s abbreviation, UFO.
As for the name, I had to go with Aliens, our team abbreviation is UFO after all.


https://i.imgur.com/481kIAx.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/SoChXdT.pnghttps://imgur.com/KvI2VG4.pnghttps://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rO2lHNCwOQU/YJSIGHOBaSI/AAAAAAAADlM/2z1DSX9npSg20WMzDMKhqMLfmJBEu5qfQCLcBGAsYHQ/s400/Halifax%2BMariners-01.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/7DhLggf.png
Crewmate of the AHSlyum and Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions)!
 

9/04/2020 8:48 am  #23


Re: The Ideas Thread

Darknes wrote:

So I'm kinda now thinking about potentially doing out school in Oyster Bay which happens to be the Birthplace of one Theodore Roosevelt. So maybe doing the University of Long Island Colonels which was his Rank in the New York National Guard, the date would lend itself to the idea that the school was built to honor Teddy's Legacy. 

Ooo, I like that idea a lot. The only problem is I looked it up and Oyster Bay has a population of 293,000, which goes over our range. I googled it, and here are our choices for location: North Hempstead, Babylon, Rochester, Huntington, Yonkers, Syracuse, Ramapo, Amherst, and Smithtown. 


https://i.imgur.com/eRSnsTt.pnghttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/779911989928656957/832381487709945877/CLT.png
https://i.imgur.com/GkGUEc4.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ncGXK03.png
Check out the RIBF here and the KLH here!
     Thread Starter
 

9/04/2020 9:08 am  #24


Re: The Ideas Thread

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Our first project team 4 is to create a Puerto Rico based college with a insect mascot, a city population between 250,000 and 500,000, founded between 1800 and 1850 and we have to import the color green in the logo and uniforms. 

 
I think we are cornered into one city. We also have an insanely unfamiliar task for me personally. Foreign place, foreign mascot and I wish that was green because it would lend support to insect, but it is actually a teal. I laughed when I first randomized this prompt then I realized it was our team and I cursed the gods. Since we have Puerto Rico first I think we get free reign on using “puerto rico” in the college name if we want. I’ll do more research on native insects to make it unique, too. I am certain that teal will be a perfect accent to go with typical, aggressive bug colors. (Black/red/yellow)

Well I’m kind of familiar with PR because I went there when was 8 and my parents went there for there honeymoon so I know some stuff there


https://i.imgur.com/1CE9zLN.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/FV7qxRo.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/DE9l51q.pnghttps://imgur.com/CnPB2Kd.pnghttps://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rO2lHNCwOQU/YJSIGHOBaSI/AAAAAAAADlM/2z1DSX9npSg20WMzDMKhqMLfmJBEu5qfQCLcBGAsYHQ/s400/Halifax%2BMariners-01.png
Owner of the New York Sentinels of the AltBA
 

9/04/2020 9:16 am  #25


Re: The Ideas Thread

Also I could only find one city in PR with a population in our range and that is San Jaun with a population of 350,000


https://i.imgur.com/1CE9zLN.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/FV7qxRo.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/DE9l51q.pnghttps://imgur.com/CnPB2Kd.pnghttps://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rO2lHNCwOQU/YJSIGHOBaSI/AAAAAAAADlM/2z1DSX9npSg20WMzDMKhqMLfmJBEu5qfQCLcBGAsYHQ/s400/Halifax%2BMariners-01.png
Owner of the New York Sentinels of the AltBA
 

9/04/2020 10:33 am  #26


Re: The Ideas Thread

FC Macbeth wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

FC Macbeth wrote:

A brief research into Colorado's cities leads me to Longmont with a population nearly less than 100,000. As for the college name, it can be just as simple as Longmont College or Longs Peak College. The latter is an interesting one considering the city's name origins because it's also named after railway engineer Stephen Long, who was known for contributing his steam locomotives designs.

For the mascot, I'm going to say 'Locomotives' for the alliteration and the link up with Long's involvement with locomotives. That is if you want to lean into the Transportation imagery.

However, if you want to lean on the Exploration part, I suggest 'Pioneers' or 'Settlers'.

Anyone got ideas with that?

 
I got an idea for possibly placing the campus in Grand Junction. It’s a bit smaller than 100,000 but I like the idea of having the campus not near Denver. And while not completely connected to the city itself, I like the name Railsplitters. I think that falls under transportation. If not then I do like Locomotives, Pioneers, and Settlers. I think using something incorporating the state instead of the city would also work better. Most universities irl are named after the state, so I think I’d be good to go in that direction. But I’m open for discussion of course!

As for the identity, we were given white, which makes me believe this is supposed to be a one color school, similar to BYU or Oklahoma. So I think using maroon, red, or royal blue with white would look really classy. I’d love to hear what the rest of the group has in mind too.

Railsplitter refers to people who cut logs vertically to build fences. It has nothing to do with the Transportation part.

As for the colours, white should be the focal point in what scheme should we use. Would double red suit well to compliment with the white? It could be Maroon or Cardinal with something like Redwood or Light Red combined with white.

I like Grand Junction because if we go with the train theme, they currently have Grand Junction Station so the name plays into the future too.

What about Conductors as a transportation theme? University of Grand Junction Conductors? I think it lends itself to the logo too because you can go the train route with it or a face logo which can also become the mascot. "The Conductor." The fans can be the conductors, etc.

I also like red and white, but maybe a single red to go with the white? Keep it clean and classic maybe? Just my two cents.

Last edited by 3pointtally (9/04/2020 10:34 am)


https://i.imgur.com/anDIGKS.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/B086XZk.png
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland
 
 

9/04/2020 10:37 am  #27


Re: The Ideas Thread

QCS wrote:

Darknes wrote:

So I'm kinda now thinking about potentially doing out school in Oyster Bay which happens to be the Birthplace of one Theodore Roosevelt. So maybe doing the University of Long Island Colonels which was his Rank in the New York National Guard, the date would lend itself to the idea that the school was built to honor Teddy's Legacy. 

Ooo, I like that idea a lot. The only problem is I looked it up and Oyster Bay has a population of 293,000, which goes over our range. I googled it, and here are our choices for location: North Hempstead, Babylon, Rochester, Huntington, Yonkers, Syracuse, Ramapo, Amherst, and Smithtown. 

I also enjoy that idea, however since we can't have it at Oyster Bay, maybe we could place the university at either Babylon, Huntington, North Hempstead, or Smithtown, and still be able to keep it on Long Island.

 

9/04/2020 10:42 am  #28


Re: The Ideas Thread

3pointtally wrote:

FC Macbeth wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:


 
I got an idea for possibly placing the campus in Grand Junction. It’s a bit smaller than 100,000 but I like the idea of having the campus not near Denver. And while not completely connected to the city itself, I like the name Railsplitters. I think that falls under transportation. If not then I do like Locomotives, Pioneers, and Settlers. I think using something incorporating the state instead of the city would also work better. Most universities irl are named after the state, so I think I’d be good to go in that direction. But I’m open for discussion of course!

As for the identity, we were given white, which makes me believe this is supposed to be a one color school, similar to BYU or Oklahoma. So I think using maroon, red, or royal blue with white would look really classy. I’d love to hear what the rest of the group has in mind too.

Railsplitter refers to people who cut logs vertically to build fences. It has nothing to do with the Transportation part.

As for the colours, white should be the focal point in what scheme should we use. Would double red suit well to compliment with the white? It could be Maroon or Cardinal with something like Redwood or Light Red combined with white.

I like Grand Junction because if we go with the train theme, they currently have Grand Junction Station so the name plays into the future too.

What about Conductors as a transportation theme? University of Grand Junction Conductors? I think it lends itself to the logo too because you can go the train route with it or a face logo which can also become the mascot. "The Conductor." The fans can be the conductors, etc.

I also like red and white, but maybe a single red to go with the white? Keep it clean and classic maybe? Just my two cents.

 
I like conductors a lot! And oh boy that’s embarrassing, I thought I knew the definition of Railsplitter but I was wrong. I will lobby something similar to Colorado University over something like Gran Junction University.
Maybe a red and white color scheme, with an interlocking letter logo as the primary with a more modern train logo as a secondary, think Purdue.

 

9/04/2020 10:49 am  #29


Re: The Ideas Thread

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

3pointtally wrote:

FC Macbeth wrote:


Railsplitter refers to people who cut logs vertically to build fences. It has nothing to do with the Transportation part.

As for the colours, white should be the focal point in what scheme should we use. Would double red suit well to compliment with the white? It could be Maroon or Cardinal with something like Redwood or Light Red combined with white.

I like Grand Junction because if we go with the train theme, they currently have Grand Junction Station so the name plays into the future too.

What about Conductors as a transportation theme? University of Grand Junction Conductors? I think it lends itself to the logo too because you can go the train route with it or a face logo which can also become the mascot. "The Conductor." The fans can be the conductors, etc.

I also like red and white, but maybe a single red to go with the white? Keep it clean and classic maybe? Just my two cents.

 
I like conductors a lot! And oh boy that’s embarrassing, I thought I knew the definition of Railsplitter but I was wrong. I will lobby something similar to Colorado University over something like Gran Junction University.
Maybe a red and white color scheme, with an interlocking letter logo as the primary with a more modern train logo as a secondary, think Purdue.

Colorado College maybe? Interlocking CC? I like the modern logo being a secondary logo too with the original being a classic.


https://i.imgur.com/anDIGKS.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/B086XZk.png
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland
 
 

9/04/2020 12:55 pm  #30


Re: The Ideas Thread

3pointtally wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

3pointtally wrote:


I like Grand Junction because if we go with the train theme, they currently have Grand Junction Station so the name plays into the future too.

What about Conductors as a transportation theme? University of Grand Junction Conductors? I think it lends itself to the logo too because you can go the train route with it or a face logo which can also become the mascot. "The Conductor." The fans can be the conductors, etc.

I also like red and white, but maybe a single red to go with the white? Keep it clean and classic maybe? Just my two cents.

 
I like conductors a lot! And oh boy that’s embarrassing, I thought I knew the definition of Railsplitter but I was wrong. I will lobby something similar to Colorado University over something like Gran Junction University.
Maybe a red and white color scheme, with an interlocking letter logo as the primary with a more modern train logo as a secondary, think Purdue.

Colorado College maybe? Interlocking CC? I like the modern logo being a secondary logo too with the original being a classic.

 Assuming the campus is in Gran Junction, how about Western Colorado University? A WC interlocking logo could look good.

 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum