Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/29/2020 10:23 pm  #1

How You Chose Your Username

I named myself after an old internet meme.

I even used a modified version of the second panel as my first avatar image. How about you guys?

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

8/29/2020 10:46 pm  #2

Re: How You Chose Your Username

Mine is well, my first name (surprise, surprise). I didn't really know what other names on the site were when I joined, so I played it safe. Not going to lie, I regret making my username my actual name because its just kind of boring, but its just a name. My first avatar image was a Seattle Seahawks logo, as I am a die-hard Seahawks fan. 

8/29/2020 10:49 pm  #3

Back in the old days of being on the CCSLC regularly, I often was using objection bubbles and sending out GIFs of Miles Edgeworth. When the board here opened up, I decided since this community was part of the old community, I was going to fully embrace my persona as the Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

8/29/2020 11:12 pm  #4

I've been Steelman since right before high school when I joined a Steelers message board. It's been my primary online creative identity ever since. That was over 15 years ago. Yeesh. Sometimes I also go by Steelwonder.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/29/2020 11:19 pm  #5

I was QueenCitySwarm (for Charlotte and Hornets) on CCSLC, but I always thought it was childish and I was able to shorten it, both here and on the mothership. My logo is a Q and a C combined, though right now I'm rocking the Robin Island sun over a galaxy image. Thinking about doing a rebranding, if you will, but my initials are WD and that's not very easy to design around, or, I haven't come up with a good enough concept yet.

8/29/2020 11:19 pm  #6

When I originally created my CCSLC account around 5 years ago, I just used my gamertag that I wanted to use when I got my first computer. I started to outgrow the name once the Sports Fan Fiction was in the process of being shut down. So when I finally decided to create an account here, I figured that I needed a new name as well. I ended up combining my love for the Chicago Bears and my love for Dungeons & Dragons and came up with DireBear. 

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

8/30/2020 12:56 am  #7

So the name Section30 was quite literally just taken from the name of the Mine Lake that our family had a cabin on for most of my life, the Section 30 Mine Lake just outside Ely, MN

I was trying to think of a "design name" that didn't involve my name or any like sports teams involved so I went with Section30 because of my cabin and I thought it was just kind of a cool name. A nice coincidence is that I happened to wear #30 multiple times during my hockey career being a goalie and all

8/30/2020 6:18 am  #8

I got my name FC Macbeth from three different things.

-The 'F' part stands for Friedrich. I chose that name to honour Friedrich, a German soldier from a Michael Morpurgo book called Warhorse (basically a tale of the horse's journey through WW1). Ever since I have to learn it for my English Literature class, I fell in love with it and I can somewhat recall the events that happen in the story.

-The 'C' part stands for Charles. This name stems from my actual birth name. My mother took that name in honour of Prince Charles of Wales (he was 53 years old at the time of my birthday). An interesting note that 'Charles' means soldier in German and there has been countless numbers of famous people and monarchs sharing my first name.

-The 'Macbeth' part, like the 'F' part. stems from English Literature. This time it's Shakespears's Macbeth. I picked that name for how cool it sounds, as well as how it caught my interest in Scottish history and culture.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

8/30/2020 7:29 am  #9

I got my name from my gamer tag. In Clash Royale, I wanted to change my name to something that actually meant something to me, so I drew upon my love for J.R.R. Tolkien, and since I love the city of Osgiliath, ruins and all, I picked Osgiliath Guard. Hence why my sig has the Tree of Gondor in it.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

8/30/2020 9:31 am  #10

I got my name from the cartoon series of the same name. Rugrats was always my favorite show growing up. (90s-2000s kid here.) Not to mention I was on a Rugrats/All Grown Up! (the ladder being a spinoff of the original series) forum for a few years. Originally I wanted to be called AZSportsGuy but I thought that sounded stupid last second so I went with Rugrat

Board footera