Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/24/2020 1:22 pm  #71

Re: Canadian Premiere Hockey League

Section30 wrote:

The idea for Halifax is great, but the lettering on the front needs to be made a bit bigger, bolder, and shrunk vertically because right now it is very hard to read and it also goes from the very top the to very bottom of the jersey

Working on that. Still figuring out how to do wordmarks. Trust me, its been bugging me for a while. One step at a time, and all that. I am trying to figure it out.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

9/24/2020 2:10 pm  #72

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Section30 wrote:

The idea for Halifax is great, but the lettering on the front needs to be made a bit bigger, bolder, and shrunk vertically because right now it is very hard to read and it also goes from the very top the to very bottom of the jersey

Working on that. Still figuring out how to do wordmarks. Trust me, its been bugging me for a while. One step at a time, and all that. I am trying to figure it out.

No worry, just giving some feedback, wasn't meant to be a slight if it was read that way sorry

9/24/2020 3:15 pm  #73

Section30 wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Section30 wrote:

No worry, just giving some feedback, wasn't meant to be a slight if it was read that way sorry

Didn't take that way. Clip Studio is a pain in the @$$ for wordmarks.

9/24/2020 6:02 pm  #74

I like Quebec a lot! I like the look for Halifax pending the obvious improvements to be made.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

9/24/2020 6:21 pm  #75

Steelman wrote:

I like Quebec a lot! I like the look for Halifax pending the obvious improvements to be made.

Halifax is being updated as we speak. Taking some time to make absolutely sure that it looks good.

EDIT: Halifax has been updated. Let's hear it folks!

Last edited by Osgiliath Guard (9/24/2020 6:28 pm)

9/24/2020 7:35 pm  #76

The Halifax jersey is well balance from the stripes to the colours I really like it.

Quebec City uniform is wild but in a good way, I can see this uniform age very well.

9/26/2020 5:55 am  #77

UNIFORM CHANGES FOR THE BANDITS AND THE CAVALRY
A couple weeks before the season began in October, the Brampton Bandits unveiled a revised uniform in response to complaints from both fans and reporters that the striping was overly difficult to distinguish from the main body of the uniform. The new uniform boasted large royal blue striping around the upper arm, ending above the elbow and at the shoulder. These royal blocks were trimmed in white to increase the visibility. The logo was also switched to white to match the white numbers on the back. Fans welcomed this change.

For the Cavalry, they changed the number font they used from the curvaceous font they originally used to a block font outlined in gold. While minor, the change drastically changed the look of the Cavalry to a more of a stoic look.

CHANGES TO THE SEASON AND THE PLAY-OFFS

President Harry Holmes met once more with the owners to discuss options for changes to the league’s composition following the expansion to eight teams. Due to the expanded league, Holmes announced that the play-offs would now feature six teams. The top two teams in the league would receive an automatic bye into the semi-finals. The remaining four teams would have a best of five series to determine the second semi-final competitors. Finally, the champions would be determined by a single game. Needless to say, tickets to the Borden Cup Championship game were expensive and sought after.

Regular season will be up within a few days, just finishing the write up!

9/26/2020 12:44 pm  #78

The new unis for Brampton are definitely unique but I think it works, I like the decision to make the logo white

The new block numbers for the Cavalry are much better and make their already good look great. Go Ottawa!

9/26/2020 12:49 pm  #79

Both new teams looking good but for now I’m a Quebec City fan

9/27/2020 6:48 am  #80

1936-1937 Regular Season
The CPHL’s second season was full of amazing runs by even the worst of the teams. Hamilton went from the basement to a playoff berth, mainly off of the efforts of the 21-year-old defenseman Owen Thompson and 23-year-old winger Peter Holliday, both of whom were able to break through. Thompson reached a career high of 73 points, including 41 goals, with his two record breaking goals coming at home against the rival Toronto Millionaires in front of a full house. Fans in Hamilton also began to fall in love with the young Greco-Canadian winger Ermis Siskakos. Breaking into the league at 17, Siskakos won his way into the hearts of the Steelmen’s fans with his insane plays and speed, overcoming the slights against his ethnicity. Siskakos had what the reporters referred to as killer instinct, occasionally being able to force his way towards the net and complete the play.

While Hamilton enjoyed the fruits of their efforts, Brampton remained in the basement, dropping to last place. Even though they came last in the standings, Brampton fans were excited for the future of their team, as they improved to a .500 record, and their team looking especially promising. Although aging, Walter Griffith led the team with 65 points, including 35 goals, and providing important mentorship to the young guns that dotted the lineup. In particular, Ryan Carter, James Walsh, and Maxime Pelletier were players that began to find their way in the league and to learn from Griffith. In goal, they struggled, with Michael Francis and John Redson proving to be well below average as a goaltending tandem,

Montreal’s season did not go unnoticed, as they had a perfect regular season record, with all their players, even the depth players bringing the points where it counted. Elias Laduc, a second year 19-year-old, brought a unique style of play to the Montreal net during his limited starts, as he introduced what he began to call the butterfly style of goaltending. His unique style of goaltending brought the CPHL into a new era of goaltending, as he begins to making saves on his knees in an outlandish manner. Montreal coach Pascal Malet loyally protected his young goalie from the disparaging remarks of the press, who earnestly believed that the butterfly style would dilute the integrity of the league’s goaltenders.

Ottawa was once more in the news. In a game against the Settlers, Camilo Adams delivered a crushing blow on Felix McCaun along the boards. McCaun crumpled on the ice, devasted from the trauma of the hit and would not return to the game. The hit sparked an all out-brawl on the ice, with Adams being attacked by at least five of the Settlers. Both benches cleared, with the Cavalry trying desperately to save Adams from the mauling he was threatened. A humongous brawl began along the boards opposite the bench. With McCaun still crumpled on the ice, Adams and the Cavalry fought hard for their lives. The battle became legendary, and Adams had a few more scars to show in the future. Following the game, Adams would be suspended for the remainder of the season, and the play-offs.

By February, Toronto was out of the play-offs, but not by much. On the front lines, Laurie Manfredi was the 24-year-old who gave the Millionaires some sort of hope for the future. On the blue line, Toronto had lots of prospects and some talent, especially in Michael Lowry and Michael Johnson. Unfortunately, Toronto’s goaltending and offense let them down, and they finished one win outside the playoffs.

Board footera