Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/09/2020 7:10 pm  #21

Re: Playoff Hockey Is Back!

Darknes wrote:

So disappointed at the Bruins, when they announced the Round Robin seeding idea for the top 4, I hoped we'd at least get the 2nd seed, but I also had a sneaking suspicion that we'd end up as the 4th. Given historically the Caps and to some extend as of late the Bolts have given us fits, then Philly bashed over the head in the first game and it went downhill from there. Now we get a well rested and the "trendy" pick in Carolina to go up against and who wouldn't mind some revenge after we swept them last year.

Darknes I feel for you. Once they announced this format I knew that the Bruins were go to end up fourth.  I felt like it was the worst thing that could happen and thus the thing that WOULD happen.  It sucks to be the league's best team and not be the top seed, much less fourth.  With that said I understand why they chose this system and for only one year I think it is okay but I felt bad for the Bruins. They only had something to lose.

So now we have the matchups set...

FLYERS - CANADIENS
BRUINS - HURRICANES
JACKETS/LEAFS - LIGHTNING
ISLANDERS - CAPITALS

HAWKS - KNIGHTS
AVS - COYOTES
FLAMES - STARS
CANUCKS - BLUES

Who is everyone rooting for? And do you have back up teams your rooting for? 

Naturally I am Flyer'd Up and then with the Avalanche and Vegas. 

8/09/2020 7:28 pm  #22

Obviously I'm rooting for the B's but I've got the Avs in my back pocket as my backup team.
Series Predictions
PHI-MON: I think this one will go longer than people think, as much as he frustrated me when he coached the B's. Claude knows how to grind out wins, now against Philly..I think it's a steep task. Flyers in 6
BOS-CAR: It all depends on which Bruins shows up, it could go Canes in 4 or it could be Bruins in 7. It honestly just depends if the Bruins put some heart and soul into their play and taking an effing shot at the net. Official Prediction: Bruins in 7
I'm going out on a limb and saying Columbus beats Toronto. so the series is 
CBJ-TBL: Hoo boy this is gonna be a juicy one, I think Torts has the Jackets in the right mindset and plays a style suited for the playoffs...that being said. I don't think they'll make it past Tampa but I think they'll make a series out of it. Lightning in 6
NYI-WAS: Which Holtby are we going to get? Do the Caps run with Ilya in net? Many questions honestly linger about the Capitals plus going up against their old coach in Trotz? I think this has the recipe for an upset. Islanders in 5
Western Conference
CHI-VGK: I think this is where the Cinderella Hawks go down, they're not as deep as Vegas, they've got some interesting pieces but I think the Knights put them down. Golden Knights in 5
COL-ARI: Hoo Boy, I think this going to be a gunslinger's delight, but in all honesty. I think the Avs have this. Avalanche break out the Brooms
CGY-DAL: This one I've got no honest read on, it feels like it could honestly go either way..I think it goes Calgary's way though. Flames in 7
VAN-STL: Honestly, this one I've got as my upset special. I think Vancouver has the pieces to surprise some people deep into this tournament. Canucks in 6

8/09/2020 7:30 pm  #23

Obviously I have Arizona as my team and then the Capitals
My Predictions
MTL-PHI Flyers In 5
CBJ-TB Lightning In 7
NYI-WSH Capitals In 6
CAR-BOS Hurricanes In 6
CHI-VGK Knights In 4
ARZ-COL Avs In 7
VAN-STL Blues In 5
CGY-DAL Flames In 6
Round 2
CAR-PHI Flyers In 6
WSH-TB Lightning In 7
CGY-VGS Knights In 7
STL-COL Avs In 6
Round 3
TB-PHI Flyers In 6
COL-VGK Avs In 5
Stanley Cup Final
COL-PHI Flyers In 4

Last edited by Rugrat (8/09/2020 9:43 pm)

8/09/2020 8:53 pm  #24

I hate all the teams right now. 😝

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/09/2020 9:30 pm  #25

With the Leafs failing me again, I'm hoping for the Knights and the Flyers to advance to the Quarter Finals.

Also, as much as I maintain prejudice with Boston, please kick the Hurricanes' ass.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

8/10/2020 12:45 am  #26

May Southern hockey reign supreme. I despise the Canes for being in the wrong NC city, but any time people spit in our faces and tell us we don't deserve a hockey team I want for every Sun Belt team to prove them wrong. Fortunately for me, the Canes, Knights, Bolts, Stars, and Yotes came through. I'll accept your argument against teams where there's no natural ice when the Canadian and New England teams start using real ice for their rinks!

8/10/2020 7:06 am  #27

Philadelphia in 5
Tampa in 7
Washington in 6
Carolina in 6

Vegas in 4
Arizona in 7
Dallas in 7
Vancouver in 6

8/10/2020 9:00 am  #28

So I'm fully on board with the Kraken, so I'm rooting for teams based on players and coaches I like, so the Lightning for Coach Cooper, and the Islanders for Anders Lee. And I'd love to see the Flyers do well, just to see what they do with Gritty (the mascot, not the member on these boards).

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/10/2020 11:04 pm  #29

The Flyers have always been my number two team so to say I'm excited they got the top seed is an understatement. The Wild suck so I didn't expect them to make it this far anyways.

As for my predictions for the first round I'm gonna go

Philly sweeps Montreal 4-0
Carolina with the upset in 7 over the B's
Jackets make it 2 years in a row over Tampa, CBJ win it in game 6
Isles take down the Caps in 7 to avenge Trotz getting the boot from Washington after winning the cup

The Hawks will make Vegas hate Chelsea Dagger, but the Knights will come back to win the series in 6
My gut says Colorado, but I just can't cheer for them so Coyotes in 7
Calgary takes down Dallas in 5
Having watched the Canucks in the play ins, I just don't think they'll have what it takes to bring down the defending champs, Blues in 6

8/11/2020 2:10 pm  #30

Here we go, lets go Jackets!

Board footera