Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/08/2020 2:00 am  #11

Re: Playoff Hockey Is Back!

Don't mind me, after today I'll just be sulking in the corner for a few weeks after that embarrassing display on the ice by something that was supposed to be a hockey team from Pittsburgh.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/08/2020 12:32 pm  #12

Steelman wrote:

Don't mind me, after today I'll just be sulking in the corner for a few weeks after that embarrassing display on the ice by something that was supposed to be a hockey team from Pittsburgh.

Got room in the corner for a Preds fan to sulk as well? I’ll bring Yuengling.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

8/08/2020 12:59 pm  #13

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Steelman wrote:

Make some room for Wild fans. I went to sleep after the 2nd period thinking we had this, then I wake up and see that we lost right at the start of overtime. Not a great way to start the day for sure.

8/08/2020 1:01 pm  #14

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Steelman wrote:

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/08/2020 2:42 pm  #15

Well, at first I thought Nashville would blow it with some real bad defensive mistakes by all on the ice (including Saros, I really don’t understand why he is seen as the future for Nashville. I’ve watched him in person 2 times and on the TV a few, and he was dreadful each time.)

I then thought Arizona would blow it, letting their goalie answer all questions Nashville had plus the goal with 30 seconds left.

It ends up, Nashville blew it. That game was less about who did what right, and more about capitalizing on defense breakdowns. It really scares me for the next round.

8/08/2020 2:53 pm  #16

I’m surprised no ones mentioned the Toronto comeback from last night. Absolutely crazy.

8/08/2020 3:06 pm  #17

CCLXXXVII wrote:

I’m surprised no ones mentioned the Toronto comeback from last night. Absolutely crazy.

and the fact that Columbus did the same thing the night before

8/08/2020 5:25 pm  #18

Was able to catch the last bit of the Vegas-Colorado game, very exciting and glad the Knights could clutch it out. I was way more worried about Arizona than Chicago, hopefully Vegas can go all the way this year.

8/09/2020 8:37 am  #19

1 seed! 

8/09/2020 2:17 pm  #20

So disappointed at the Bruins, when they announced the Round Robin seeding idea for the top 4, I hoped we'd at least get the 2nd seed, but I also had a sneaking suspicion that we'd end up as the 4th. Given historically the Caps and to some extend as of late the Bolts have given us fits, then Philly bashed over the head in the first game and it went downhill from there. Now we get a well rested and the "trendy" pick in Carolina to go up against and who wouldn't mind some revenge after we swept them last year.

Board footera