Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/01/2020 10:18 pm  #1

What City Has the Best Logos?

I was putting something together for my APL concept and I started to wonder which city has the best collections of logos.  I suppose you could broaden the question to identities if you wish.  

I actually don't have an answer yet. What do you think? 

8/01/2020 10:29 pm  #2

Re: What City Has the Best Logos?

As much as want to say Phoenix I have to go with Miami. I’ve always liked the Dolphins logo, the Marlins new logo is stunning, the Heat look great and the Panthers logo is arguably the best in the NHL in my opinion

8/01/2020 10:35 pm  #3

I would say Chicago. Looking at all the leagues logos, I realize that the most iconic ones are for the Chicago teams, the most prominent ones being the Bulls and the Blackhawks. The Bears have another timeless look with their script C that will also be part of them forever. The Cubs and White Sox always just look classy and slick, once again donning pretty timeless looks. I’d be surprised if any of Chicago’s big 4 teams change their look anytime soon.

8/02/2020 4:27 am  #4

Personally I think it's different for everyone like to me..if the Patriots kept Pat as the logo instead of the Flying Elvis and the Revs make a rebrand. I think the Boston Area would be up there.

I think Minnesota is up there with some great logos across the board, same with Seattle even if I think the MLS side of things weight certain parts of it down for me.

8/02/2020 11:11 am  #5

ANDY! wrote:

I would say Chicago. Looking at all the leagues logos, I realize that the most iconic ones are for the Chicago teams, the most prominent ones being the Bulls and the Blackhawks. The Bears have another timeless look with their script C that will also be part of them forever. The Cubs and White Sox always just look classy and slick, once again donning pretty timeless looks. I’d be surprised if any of Chicago’s big 4 teams change their look anytime soon.

Agree 100%, I'm also biased here. Uniform wise you can make the case Chicago is the best dressed too. Cubs & Sox both have great home sets with the pinstripes, Bears & Bulls uniforms are iconic, and the Blackhawks have arguably the best in the NHL. I know a lot of people gush over the 80's White Sox, but their current set IMO is the best one they've ever had. If the Cubs could make changes to their away and alternate uniforms, they'd have a great uniform set.

8/02/2020 11:59 am  #6

JEMathletics wrote:

ANDY! wrote:

Agree 100%, I'm also biased here. Uniform wise you can make the case Chicago is the best dressed too. Cubs & Sox both have great home sets with the pinstripes, Bears & Bulls uniforms are iconic, and the Blackhawks have arguably the best in the NHL. I know a lot of people gush over the 80's White Sox, but their current set IMO is the best one they've ever had. If the Cubs could make changes to their away and alternate uniforms, they'd have a great uniform set.

Chicago is very strong indeed.  The only logo that brings them slightly down are the Bears. I like classic logos and LOVE their uniforms. But I hate the way the 'C' isn't balanced. It's one of those things that you can't unsee.  Chicago is a top team for sure.  

As for Miami I am not sure I can go there just yet.  I feel like all of the Miami looks are lesser versions of what they used to be.  I miss the old Marlins, the old Panthers, the old Dolphins.  The Heat is real sharp.  Miami's current set of teams is good but I miss the old versions too much.  

With that said, I still have to think of mine.  It is hard.

8/02/2020 1:02 pm  #7

Chicago, Minnesota, Seattle, and Miami all have very good logos, although for me there's one team that doesn't exactly pull its own weight in those cities (Fire, Twins, Sounders, Panthers). I wouldn't call it the greatest (and it certainly could be better) but I'd like to think Charlotte is up there. Both the Panthers and Hornets have good, close to great, looks in my opinion but they could be improved. If you put a gun to my head and forced me to pick one, it'd be between Minnesota and Chicago, but I'd have to go with Minnesota.

8/02/2020 1:15 pm  #8

I'm going to actually go with Miami and Minnesota. Miami would be won this outright a decade ago easily, but they're still a contender right now. What brings them down are the Marlins. I think the Panthers and Dolphins recent updates this pass decade are beautiful and the heat, outside of the recent vice stuff, have one of the best brands in basketball, the Marlins haven't looked their best since the teal was dropped however. The current set isn't awful but it couldve been so much better had they brought back their inaugural look.
Minnesota isn't bad, it might be an unpopular opinion but I'm not huge on the T-wolves newer look. It's kind mediocre like all of their looks have been. The Vikings look is good and so are the Wild but thier best look is the Twins, outside of some interesting alts. The Twins look fantastic though.

8/04/2020 8:13 pm  #9

I don't know about logos, but for names you can't beat Moorhead, MN. They have the:

MSU-Moorhead Dragons
Concordia College Cobbers
Moorhead High School Spuds

8/05/2020 1:35 am  #10

Gonna have to go with the city of Detroit. The Pistons, Red Wings, Lions and Tigers all have iconic logos that have gone with only minor tweaks (we're not talking about the Grant Hill era of the Pistons, don't @ me) for years. 
I'm not without bias, though, having been a Detroit sports fan (read: sufferer) since I was old enough to root for teams. 

Last edited by Balu the Bare (8/05/2020 1:36 am)

Only the written records of his travels survive.

Board footera