Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/31/2020 10:24 pm  #11

Re: Potential return of Solar League Baseball?

Oh my God, it's RR9! I got a rush of nostalgia remembering SLB, I would be honored to talk with you. If I remember correctly, I was a PUA Emperors fan, but several other teams were quite nice, but I can't remember them. You're actually the one that exposed me to OOTP, so I have to thank you for basically pointing me down the Alt Sports path! 

This may be a bit preemptive of me to say, but I'd be more than willing to not just brainstorm but design things if you want me too. I wouldn't say I've reached your level yet, but I'm no slouch and I'd love to work on what was easily my favorite SFF from CCSLC. 

8/01/2020 12:49 am  #12

Can't wait man! Glad to have you back around. I think starting near or after where you left off is a cool idea because then you already such a deep history to draw from.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THL, PUCH, WHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/01/2020 8:50 am  #13

Steelman wrote:

Can't wait man! Glad to have you back around. I think starting near or after where you left off is a cool idea because then you already such a deep history to draw from.

Thanks for the kind words! It's always good seeing you around too. I love what you've done with the place! I just wish I could have done more. 

And yes, that is the plan. I will be starting around 75 years into the league, although it will be a "different" history than what you saw in the original SLB thread, but mostly the same. I.e. expansion teams enter at certain same times, etc. I don't exactly have the OOTP 18 files from back then. I will be doing this in OOTP 21 this time around.  

8/01/2020 8:52 am  #14

dvdbubba27 wrote:

I hope this starts in 2550 (the season after the last one), not back in 2500...

Also, I, like Dan O'Mac, am willing to collaborate as well. I mostly want to help out with facility design (stadiums, the Hall of Fame building, etc.) and dissemination of historical info from the last 50 years of SLB (ex: retired numbers, Hall of Fame plaques, and the like).

Good to see you again, RR9!

If you could help me with facility design, that would be INCREDIBLE! I have a few ideas here and there but sometimes a certain team I can just get stuck on the stadium design  

I'll send you a PM this weekend. 

8/01/2020 10:29 am  #15

I’m willing to collaborate as well.

I can give you team names and design thoughts.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

8/02/2020 2:43 pm  #16

I'm going to be PM'ing a couple of you guys for some stadium ideas! After talking with a few of you guys, I think I already have a solid case for a few expansion teams that I want to start out with. But I need stadium ideas!

Stay tuned, or feel free to drop some in here if you have an unsolicited idea for random locations that I could "mold" into one of my existing teams. 

Board footera