Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/29/2020 12:40 pm  #41

Re: West Coast Elite Hockey League

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Scratch, you are a crazy SOB. I love this series! I'm claiming the Canners and the Bees as my teams! Send me a couple signatures will ya?

Your creativity and your design skills are amazing my friend. I'm looking forward to your continued success and many seasons and continued amazing team designs!

Edit: I hate autocorrect!

Crazy SOB is what I am going for so that is a very nice compliment, haha! I'm happy you enjoy it. I'm not sure if I'm happy with this, but wanted to get something to you before the day was in full swing. I got Salt Lake done and hope to get more rolling soon. Tell me how this is.

Looks good to me. I might end up playing around with it a bit. Once I can, I'll add it to my Sig! Keep up the good work!

The small space for sig inspired a pixel NHL 94 style, but if you had any ideas in mind I’d be happy to try it.

7/29/2020 12:59 pm  #42

*sees a team named the Canners*

Who would name their team the Canners?

*looks at his favorite NFL team being the Packers*

Disregard.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/29/2020 1:02 pm  #43

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Disregard.

Yea, can it Dan. There is far worse to come.

7/29/2020 1:25 pm  #44

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Disregard.

Yea, can it Dan. There is far worse to come.

My RedBlacks ain't looking so bad any more.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

7/29/2020 11:49 pm  #45

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Disregard.

Jokes aside, looking at this again makes me think that there is no better display of what this project is about than this comment. Self realization through overly exaggerated examples is what I strive for. I hope this is your team. May they be looked back on as a classic in 50 years.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (7/29/2020 11:59 pm)

7/30/2020 10:22 am  #46

Still playing around with this, but here is San Diego. Should have our last team out soon, then we can get the rodeo going.

7/31/2020 9:06 pm  #47

(Let’s remember that this is a dramatized version of trends in sports, and when it comes to identities I lean into absurdities. In no way do I mean any harm. I only say what I do to underline the things that have been seen in sports.)

Welcome back… to consciousness. I am sorry I hit you with that pan. You had scared me when you snuck up in the kitchen three nights ago – what I am doing drinking straight from the carton is none of your business, it stays between me and the milk. Anyway, happy you’re ok. Almost considered wrapping you in a rug and throwing you in a river… nothing personal, just another one of those “oopsie” things. – What’s that? Oh, yes you definitely deserve the next team. Well, let’s see. Ah, yes. Our last team is the Arizona Tribe, which is a little controversial. – You don’t see why? – You’re telling me there are teams in your universe named the Redskins, Indians, and after individual tribes themselves? – It’s called tradition? – In all sports? Yeesh I’m not touching that one with a ten-foot pole. Instead, I’ll talk about Cooper Dust.

ARIZONA TRIBE

Cooper Dust is a son of the valley. He was born in the city of Jerome, Arizona, where his family scraped up enough money collecting the state’s most precious material, turquoise. Sure, Jerome was a mecca for copper, but the Dust family just weren’t catching on. Success came when Cooper moved to Phoenix, starting his own large, block ice company for pool cooling. He served 15ftx15ft blocks of ice to the elite of Phoenix, and it paid handsomely. Outside of the skewed reasoning for his team’s identity, Dust is a fine fellow. He volunteers around the town, making it his mission to better the place that has given him so much. His care taking and general love for Arizona has earned him some political pull, giving him full support when it came to a brand-new hockey team in the area. “Who better to own a team than the ice man”, people said. Hopefully, the block ice business and hockey correlate in some way.

The team name was picked by Cooper to, “give credit to Arizona where it is due”. Many thought Dust picked the name to give recognition to the state’s large native population, but they were wrong. Instead, Cooper said, “The name is to celebrate the courage of the state. Arizona has one of the largest redskin populations in the nation, providing refuge to those who need it. Now let’s get this powwow going”! In reality, Dust loves every single individual who calls Arizona home. From north to south, Flagstaff to Tucson, there isn’t a soul he’d ever intentionally disrespect from state 48. The insensitive demeanor comes from the prat like daze he lives in. Again, the man’s family picked turquois over what inspired the state’s nickname. 

The logo? Doesn’t help any case. Cooper sees it as a proud native in the days before civilization, fearless and dominant. The colors are what Cooper calls, “Dark Adobe” (pronounced “Add-O-Bee” by the owner), turquois and white. The Dark Adobe is the base color on the primary, being garnished with the other two colors excessively. Dust says it is meant to look like “one of those blankets Indians make”, which wouldn’t be that bad if he worded it differently. The away is simply a swap of the home.

The Tribe is led by a two-headed, foreign monster. Starting with Quebec forward, Joe Benoit, and backed by Latvian defenseman, Andress Riekstins. A third party, sunshine state native, Wayne Zimmerman, is an oldie but a goodie, providing depth in a league that lacks it.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (7/21/2023 2:45 am)

7/31/2020 10:13 pm  #48

Arizona's jerseys are quite nice, that logo is... uh... era-appropriate, to say the least. I expect they'll eventually get an overhaul in the 21st century.

7/31/2020 10:21 pm  #49

Dust’s casual racism somehow rivals even rivals people who make conservative memes.

Also, nice reference to “Anchorman” with the Canners introduction.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

7/31/2020 10:24 pm  #50

QCS wrote:

Arizona's jerseys are quite nice, that logo is... uh... era-appropriate, to say the least. I expect they'll eventually get an overhaul in the 21st century.

No, they won't even exist. They'll have changed their name, relocated or folded by then.

But that aside, I love this look, and the Canners Sig. I still haven't gotten to adding them, but I love the sigs man!

I love Arizona, and the colours are sweet! I'll hope for a kachina look in the future.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

Board footera