Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/20/2020 12:17 pm  #71

Re: The American Premier League

Yes New Mexico was where the first Atomic test took place, but Vegas had far more tests done in the area. Hell for awhile they were called Atomic City before Sin City

7/20/2020 1:03 pm  #72

With Las Vegas formerly known as Atomic City, I'd go with Atomic City FC. That sounds so good.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/20/2020 2:20 pm  #73

I like QCS's suggestion for Buffalo, but I think going with "Club Nickel" would be pretty unique.
For Vegas I'd do "Vegas 51" to hit that Hannover 96 style of name and they could have extraterrestrial you don't often see in sports.
Albuquerque is a mouthful so I'd be hesitant to add much to it. Maybe just "Albuquerque Stripes". I know the New Mexico flag is a sun, but stripes sounds more European.

I love the Tiger Bay team. Clever naming and a sharp set of kits for sure.

7/21/2020 2:27 pm  #74

MLS Charlotte reveal is tomorrow...their teaser looks like they are going with Panthersish colors? 

As for our expansion...let's start with Jacksonville.  I'll cross them off - partly taking into account public sentiment.  As for Jax FC - I thought that could be a fun nod to AFC AJAX from the Netherlands.

7/21/2020 2:30 pm  #75

I do like Duval United since I submitted it, but make Trident Tridents and you've got a real nice name there. JAX FC isn't awful either.

As for Charlotte MLS, I'm thinking it'll be Charlotte Crown FC. Not my preferred name, but better than Carolina and finally a team that recognizes the "Queen City" nickname. You know none of Charlotte's sports teams use a royalty-inspired name? The closest as of now is Knights but that's a bit of a stretch.

7/21/2020 2:54 pm  #76

For Jacksonville, I like the Duval United FC. Though I think it could easily drop the FC. I wanted to like Jax FC, but it seems to be missing something. 

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/21/2020 7:34 pm  #77

Personally I like both versions of the Duval nickname, and JAX FC

7/21/2020 9:46 pm  #78

If its not to late, I would like to suggest that Vegas or ABQ to have a Latino-inspired name. Something like Atlético Albuquerque or CD Vegas.

Last edited by sportsfan7 (7/21/2020 9:47 pm)

7/22/2020 10:11 am  #79

Charlotte FC for the MLS.

As for APL Jacksonville...we are down to four.

7/22/2020 10:12 am  #80

Duval United for the win!

Also, I managed to catch Charlotte’s live logo unveil.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

Board footera