Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/30/2020 2:24 am  #541

Re: AltFL Discussion Thread

Reading through the top-100 I knew every name except for Fred Warner. Literally had never heard of the guy but he's ranked #70 over fellow linebackers like Lavonte David and Kendricks? I dug up some stats and it sounds like he's a promising kid but #70 seems pretty over-enthusiastic. Weird.

I'm happy to have hit on some of these pass rushers in particular who are highly ranked. I really like Shaq Barrett as a pass rusher, had no idea he was a top-40 guy, though I guess 19 sacks out of nowhere can do that for you. Definitely an interesting case. He was criminally underused in Denver. Hope he can sustain his success in Tampa.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

7/30/2020 7:56 am  #542

As a Packer fan, it seems to me that Kenny Clark not making the list was a miss.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/30/2020 8:19 am  #543

Mine was Carson Wentz.  He was #3 just a couple of years ago and took the team to the playoffs with backup wide receivers.  I wouldn't mind it but Kyler, Josh Allen, Kirk Cousins, Tannehill all made the list.  I'd take Wentz over all of them.  

7/30/2020 8:45 am  #544

I'm going to sound pathetic, but I hardly recognize any names. Brady (obviously) and Julio Jones. I only recognize Marino from playing Longshot on Madden 18.

Yeah, I'm bad. I know the CFL better.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

7/30/2020 10:07 am  #545

3 in the top 100 is a little low, but considering that includes 1 in the top 10 and 2 in the top 25 it’s not bad.

7/30/2020 11:12 am  #546

Assuming it was all equal, everyone would've had 4, so take that for what it's worth.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/30/2020 1:38 pm  #547

Gritty wrote:

sportsfan7 wrote:

Honestly, I'm pretty shock I only have 3. I thought Derwin James was a lock for sure and Roquan Smith would be in as well. I thought Goff would have a chance to be in as well. Oh well, better than Carolina, at least.

I love Derwin James but he only played 5 games last year which probably hurt him.  He'll be a guy who jumps up the list with a healthy season.  I was about to pick him in the draft when you scooped him up. 

I seem to have a monopoly on injured defensive players. James, Cameron Jordan, Roquan Smith, and Kwon Alexander are all injured or returning from one.

8/02/2020 5:02 pm  #548

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

I'm going to sound pathetic, but I hardly recognize any names. Brady (obviously) and Julio Jones. I only recognize Marino from playing Longshot on Madden 18.

Yeah, I'm bad. I know the CFL better.

A pathetic question to add (I do not want you to be alone on the pathetic boat). Does the CFL have an equivalent of the Madden franchise? Obviously not in terms of quality, but is there something? If so, is it worth it?

8/02/2020 5:57 pm  #549

They should just fold the CFL into Madden.  

8/02/2020 7:01 pm  #550

Gritty wrote:

They should just fold the CFL into Madden.  

The problem is in the rules:

12 players a side instead of 11.
1 point rouges being a thing
Center is the 55 yard line instead of the 50
Goalposts are in the end zone, and the end zones are way bigger and have weird rules with missed field goal kicks.

Last edited by ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth (8/02/2020 7:02 pm)

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

Board footera