Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/29/2020 2:04 pm  #531

Re: AltFL Discussion Thread

Gritty wrote:

We keep rolling with the AltFL Top 100 - voted on by the players.

After day 3 - Carolina is the only team waiting to join the list.  The Destroyers went from not having any players on the list to having 5 in the top 43.  The top team so far are the Portland Grizzlies (who picked dead last by the way in the draft) with 8 (2 of which are OL).  Nipping at their heals are the Galactics with 7.  KC, Birmingham, Miami, with 6.

Tomorrow the top ten.  

Players still waiting to be selected: CMac, DHop, Lamar, Mahomes, Michael Thomas, Gilmore, Wilson, Kittle, Henry, Donald.  Tomorrow we find out their order. 

Which AltFL team has the best collection of stars? I'll post the full list tomorrow when it is all wrapped up.

"Thats a phrase we've been saying a lot recently: Ryan to Jones for a Scorpions first down."

Julio! Julio!

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

7/29/2020 8:15 pm  #532

IMPORTANT 

Hey everyone.  Just wanted to alert you to the Covid related issues that will impact the AltFL.  The NFL players are allowed to 'opt out' of the season.  I feel like the Nightriders have been hit extra hard with both Dont'a Hightower and Damien Williams both opting out.  Just keep an eye out for how it may impact your team.

7/29/2020 8:52 pm  #533

The AltFL Top 100 Final List

How'd your team do? 

North Division
Brawlers  - 6
Nightriders - 4
Beavers - 3
Bolts - 2 
Emperors - 2
Reapers - 0

Central Division
Scarecrows - 6
Explorers - 4
Stallions - 4
Voyageurs - 3
Cyclones - 3
Marauders - 2

South Division
Galactics - 7
Vulcans - 6
Hammerheads - 6
Bandits - 4
Phantoms - 3
Copperheads - 3

West Division
Grizzlies - 9
Destroyers - 5
Scorpions - 4
Raptors - 3
Steelheads - 3
Sabercats - 3

7/29/2020 8:57 pm  #534

Honestly, I'm pretty shock I only have 3. I thought Derwin James was a lock for sure and Roquan Smith would be in as well. I thought Goff would have a chance to be in as well. Oh well, better than Carolina, at least.

7/29/2020 9:14 pm  #535

Both of those losses hurt, especially Williams. 

4 is about where I thought I'd be.

7/29/2020 9:32 pm  #536

sportsfan7 wrote:

Honestly, I'm pretty shock I only have 3. I thought Derwin James was a lock for sure and Roquan Smith would be in as well. I thought Goff would have a chance to be in as well. Oh well, better than Carolina, at least.

I love Derwin James but he only played 5 games last year which probably hurt him.  He'll be a guy who jumps up the list with a healthy season.  I was about to pick him in the draft when you scooped him up. 

7/29/2020 9:47 pm  #537

I wasn't expecting to have many, but I'm actually surprised James Conner didn't make it. 

As a Panthers fan, I'm upset that McCaffrey is only 6th, he should be Top 3 at least. Especially over both Donald and Thomas, Donald had a down year last year and Thomas is carried by Brees. Without McCaffrey, it's likely the Panthers wouldn't have won any games last year. 

7/29/2020 9:54 pm  #538

And it actually is worse for me with this Covid-19, Justin Jefferson is on the Covid Reserve list for the Vikes.

7/29/2020 9:56 pm  #539

QCS wrote:

I wasn't expecting to have many, but I'm actually surprised James Conner didn't make it. 

As a Panthers fan, I'm upset that McCaffrey is only 6th, he should be Top 3 at least. Especially over both Donald and Thomas, Donald had a down year last year and Thomas is carried by Brees. Without McCaffrey, it's likely the Panthers wouldn't have won any games last year. 

I 100% agree  My best friend is a big Stanford fan and therefore a McCaffrey fan - we were just talking last night about how I thought he should have been #1 this year. I can't argue with Lamar but still.

7/29/2020 10:28 pm  #540

Overall I'm pretty happy, I have the 7th most players, although I was hoping Mixon would be on there, in fact I was confident he was. Maybe my bias is showing a bit.
Also decided to do some math. Here's how the list breaks down per division; the South leads with 30 players on the list, but only 4 are in the top 30. The West is second with 28, almost a third of those appearing in the top 30. The Central is next with 23, 7 of them being in the top 30. And last is the North, with only a combined 17 top 100 players. However, they have the most top 10 players, with 4 of the top then coming from the North, and a total of 14 in the top 50.
Make what you want of if but I say, based on the list, the Central is the weakest division, followed by the South, then the North and on top is the West. The Central has the 3rd most, but the majority seem to be outside of the top 50, 16 to be in fact. The South has the most but suffers from the same problem as the Central, their bottom heavy, with most of their players coming from the bottom 50. The North despite having the least amount of top 100 players are extremely top heavy, with the most out of any in the top 10. However they do only have a total of 7 in the top 50. The West is the best, with the second most in total and half of them coming from numbers 40 to 11. They also have Portland, who has the most out of any team.
Finally, a lot of this probably doesn't mean much so obviously take it with a grain of salt, I just thought it would be fun to see further into the numbers!

Board footera