Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/06/2020 5:18 pm  #381

Re: AltFL Discussion Thread

I am beyond relieved that Vaughn was taken. I already took a Running Back, but he was the highest remaining player on my board by a lot, and the hometown kid. Strategically, I don't think it would've been good for me to take him, but the allure was overpowering.

7/06/2020 5:23 pm  #382

Dan O'Mac wrote:

QCS wrote:

I took Claypool cause he seems like someone that can make an impact with the Steelers. Despite how much I dislike Pittsburgh, Big Ben has talent and I think Claypool can be effective for me right away. If not, he's still a great prospect.

I really thought you were going to double up on Panther DL and take Yetur Gross-Matos, who would've been my pick had Darknes taken AJ Dillon at 30.

I thought about it, but I didn't want to take another DL. Had Chinn been available he would've been my pick.

7/06/2020 6:03 pm  #383

QCS wrote:

I took Claypool cause he seems like someone that can make an impact with the Steelers. Despite how much I dislike Pittsburgh, Big Ben has talent and I think Claypool can be effective for me right away. If not, he's still a great prospect.

As a Steelers fan I think Claypool will end up being a favorite red zone target for Ben, but I’m not sure it’ll be right away. The trio of JuJu, Johnson and Washington can be really good. I honestly was going to choose him too but I try to stay away from drafting players from my real life team.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THL, PUCH, WHA: Redux and Retroliga.

7/06/2020 6:40 pm  #384

Steelman wrote:

QCS wrote:

As a Steelers fan I think Claypool will end up being a favorite red zone target for Ben, but I’m not sure it’ll be right away. The trio of JuJu, Johnson and Washington can be really good. I honestly was going to choose him too but I try to stay away from drafting players from my real life team.

Yeah I wasn't sure where he'd be in the totem pole. He might be more of a prospect/keeper for me.

I don't mind drafting Panthers but I have rules against drafting Saints, Falcons, and Bucs, and I was stretching it by picking a Steeler since I'm also a Ravens fan haha.

7/06/2020 9:46 pm  #385

I've never played fantasy football with the selection of defensive players, so I honestly have no idea how to rate them. I tried to take who I thought would be the best player overall with my first pick and I was hoping to take Moss with my second pick the whole time. Considering the backfield in Buffalo is Singletary who was a rookie last year and Moss, I'm thinking Moss may get a decent amount of touches. Plus Singletary was banged up a bit last year, so Moss may end up being a key piece for the Bills.

Also, like Gritty said in the draft video, all of these drafts and league development have kept me sane with the lack of sports so cheers to everybody involved in both Alt-Leagues. Looking forward to the next phases of both.

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

7/06/2020 9:55 pm  #386

Gross-Matos was a bit of an impulse pick, but I did want good cornerstones on both sides of the ball.

Sidenote that last name is autocorrect’s worst nightmare.

7/06/2020 10:04 pm  #387

After my other second round receiving options got stolen in Mims and Claypool, I think I’ll snag the first TE off the board in Kmet.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

7/06/2020 10:05 pm  #388

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

After my other second round receiving options got stolen in Mims and Claypool, I think I’ll snag the first TE off the board in Kmet.

Second TE, I grabbed Asiasi

7/06/2020 10:08 pm  #389

Darknes wrote:

Ah, missed that. But I mean, the tight end is an often overlooked position anyway, yet they do some good work.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

7/06/2020 10:32 pm  #390

Darknes wrote:

Ah, missed that. But I mean, the tight end is an often overlooked position anyway, yet they do some good work.

Oh yeah completely agree, I wanted to grab Asiasi since I think he's going to get put to work in the New England Offense given our lack of talent there.

Board footera