Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/28/2020 9:52 am  #11

Re: AltFL Discussion Thread

Is it weird that I correctly predicted that Wallflower would pick the Galactics because he designed them?

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

6/28/2020 9:56 am  #12

I wonder which division will be the most popular.  I feel like the AltHL East was finished pretty quick.

6/28/2020 10:00 am  #13

Looking at the mocks, it looks like the South and East are the most unpopular. Both have several teams that slide towards the end a few times (Buffalo, Philly, and Carolina from the East, Tennessee, Miami, Orlando, B-ham). Of course, this doesn't really hold true for Orlando, so who knows.

6/28/2020 10:04 am  #14

Darknes wrote:

Next I think we'll have Chicago and then S30 grabbing Minnesota

Yeah that’ll probably happen

6/28/2020 10:08 am  #15

ThisIsFine wrote:

Is it weird that I correctly predicted that Wallflower would pick the Galactics because he designed them?

I don't know about weird but definitely a smart prediction. 

6/28/2020 10:10 am  #16

I think either the West or the Central will be wrapped up first.

6/28/2020 10:11 am  #17

Once Pepper said she our mock drafts were wrong, I had a feeling it was gonna be San Diego.  Good choice for sure! 

Wallflower's pick of the Galactics makes much more sense once you don't automatically assume he'll pick the Canadian team just because he's Canadian (like I did, lol, my bad).   

Can't wait to see what everyone else does!

6/28/2020 10:12 am  #18

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Wow, thought Wallflower would take Toronto being Canadian and all. But I get it being part of the design and all.

I suppose I have a minor bias against Toronto being from not Toronto, haha, I only really like the Raptors out of Toronto. Plus I'm not in love with the overall brand there, still too much "Team Canada" vibes. 

6/28/2020 10:28 am  #19

Wow, Orlando huh? Can't say I'm surprised, they're one of my favorite designs. I definitely had them in the mix for my pick, but I definitely thought you'd steal Minnesota. 
For anyone wondering, my choice came down between San Diego and Chicago, Kentucky and New York weren't even really on my radar when I decided. I like both of the designs, but Kentucky's uniforms had some things I'd want to tweak if i was going to pick them, and much like Chicago, New York's alt scared me off from picking them. San Diego was the most well rounded uniform I thought, and going back through all the submissions to see the creators original ideas, I found that SD had some white pants to break up monochrome, which sealed the deal for me. 
I'm excited for the 3rd pick, I think Chicago's off the board.

6/28/2020 10:35 am  #20

Chicago is the next selected, meaning that the top three choices have come from three different divisions.

Board footera