Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/29/2020 11:36 am  #141

Re: AltFL Discussion Thread

With Miami off the board, CC is on the clock and I would be absolutely stunned if he takes neither of the Texas teams. I think the most stunning thing would be one of them dropping down into the 20s, I thought both of those are top 15 at least, with SA in particular being one I thought would go early.

6/29/2020 11:37 am  #142

Finally, I am no longer alone in the south!!
Welcome ANDY!

6/29/2020 11:38 am  #143

I had New York as my #2, with San Antonio right behind them. I stuck with my rankings, but I was really tempted to go with the Phantoms or Mallards.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/29/2020 11:45 am  #144

Let's see, how do the divisions stack up:

North - All 6 taken. First at 6, last at 16. Average of 10.83.
South - 2 taken. First at 2, most recent at 17. Current average of 9.5. Teams remaining are Birmingham, Dallas, San Antonio, and Tennessee.
Central - 4 taken. First at 3, most recent at 9. Current average of 6. Teams remaining are Kentucky and St. Louis.
West - 5 taken. First at 1, most recent at 15. Current average of 9. Team remaining is Arizona.

Those averages, especially for the South, will shoot up as the draft fills out. That's most likely to be a bloodbath when the season actually starts, don't be surprised when the Phantoms pick Tom Brady with the 5th pick or whatever.

6/29/2020 11:49 am  #145

I'm personally shocked the Hammerheads get taken over St. Louis, Kentucky or Arizona, all who have much stronger brands. Miami was at the very bottom for me in terms of uniform and identity ranking, I figured it would fall further. Kentucky not being picked yet is surprising considering like 4 people have considered it. St. Louis is the best brand still on the board, not to mention one of the best in the league. I'm shocked it hasn't been picked yet.
Also, are we doing a serpentine draft? I think my number 24 pick wouldn't look as bad then

6/29/2020 11:57 am  #146

If I wasn't able to get the Reapers, Kentucky was next for me on the board, followed by San Antonio and St. Louis. I liked Miami's logo, but the uniforms didn't do it for me, they were my #19. LA was actually last for me, I didn't like the logo and the jerseys didn't do enough to bump them up. There are still 4 teams on the board I would've been ecstatic to get, this draft wasn't nearly as predictable as the last one was. 

I'd imagine we're doing a serpentine draft (I haven't heard of a fantasy league that doesn't), meaning my pick will be 9th overall in the first round and 16th in the second. That's awesome, I got the team I wanted and I'll get a top 10 player. 

Last edited by QCS (6/29/2020 11:57 am)

6/29/2020 12:03 pm  #147

QCS wrote:

If I wasn't able to get the Reapers, Kentucky was next for me on the board, followed by San Antonio and St. Louis. I liked Miami's logo, but the uniforms didn't do it for me, they were my #19. LA was actually last for me, I didn't like the logo and the jerseys didn't do enough to bump them up. There are still 4 teams on the board I would've been ecstatic to get, this draft wasn't nearly as predictable as the last one was. 

I'd imagine we're doing a serpentine draft (I haven't heard of a fantasy league that doesn't), meaning my pick will be 9th overall in the first round and 16th in the second. That's awesome, I got the team I wanted and I'll get a top 10 player. 

I feel that's what is happening to Kentucky, they're a bunch of people's second best option when they pick. I had LA at the bottom for the same reasons, but I had St. Louis really low. But I liked everything but the city. I'm too much of a Cubs fan to want anything St. Louis.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/29/2020 12:06 pm  #148

My thought now is which Texas team goes here, because I guarantee one goes with 287.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/29/2020 12:23 pm  #149

I'm surprised that both Texas teams, St Louis, and Arizona haven't gone off the board yet. Each had great identities (I had Arizona as #2, San Antonio at #3 and St Louis at #4 on my list) that I could easily see being taken in the first 15 picks. If I had any predictions as to which will get picked first, I'd say San Antonio. They (most likely) won't be on the board for long, as I think they'll be swooped up in the next few picks

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

6/29/2020 12:31 pm  #150

Dan O'Mac wrote:

QCS wrote:

I feel that's what is happening to Kentucky, they're a bunch of people's second best option when they pick. I had LA at the bottom for the same reasons, but I had St. Louis really low. But I liked everything but the city. I'm too much of a Cubs fan to want anything St. Louis.

Yeah, that's probably what's going on. I really liked their look and I honestly expected Dr.Pepper to go with her hometown team, but I'm very surprised to see them dropping like this. 

DireBear wrote:

I'm surprised that both Texas teams, St Louis, and Arizona haven't gone off the board yet. Each had great identities (I had Arizona as #2, San Antonio at #3 and St Louis at #4 on my list) that I could easily see being taken in the first 15 picks. If I had any predictions as to which will get picked first, I'd say San Antonio. They (most likely) won't be on the board for long, as I think they'll be swooped up in the next few picks

Interesting, I really didn't like Arizona. I agree that SA is probably next, and I bet that SportsFan takes whatever Texas team 287 leaves behind.

Board footera