Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/28/2020 11:49 pm  #101

Re: AltFL Discussion Thread

Definitely seems like we are, I waited like 4 days for my pick in the AltHL draft, were almost half way on the first night.
Also Darknes, I think I'm going to consider you the winner of this draft, Boston slipped from me, yes they were almost a last minute choice of mine, and Steel who mentioned nearly picking them as well. There might be some other teams that fall into some lucky owners, but I think you being a shoe in for a team and almost having that team stolen from you twice, only to still get that team is pretty lucky.

6/28/2020 11:49 pm  #102

Toronto goes off the board, making currently..3 people with teams in both the AltHL and FL in the same city. Section30, ThisIsFine and myself.

6/28/2020 11:50 pm  #103

I'm looking at how our division's are distributed, and only one team being taken from the South is very surprising. On the flip side, four teams out of the Central and North each is pretty telling. It's also neat to look at the Ownership (so far) by divisions:
South: Wallflower
North: Darknes, Dan O'Mac, Gritty, ThisIsFine
West: Steelman, Dr. Pepper, CapitalG
Central: Dire Bear, Scratch, Burmy, Section 30

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (6/28/2020 11:52 pm)

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/28/2020 11:51 pm  #104

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Definitely seems like we are, I waited like 4 days for my pick in the AltHL draft, were almost half way on the first night.
Also Darknes, I think I'm going to consider you the winner of this draft, Boston slipped from me, yes they were almost a last minute choice of mine, and Steel who mentioned nearly picking them as well. There might be some other teams that fall into some lucky owners, but I think you being a shoe in for a team and almost having that team stolen from you twice, only to still get that team is pretty lucky.

Oh yeah I'm not even going to deny that, I know Boston was high on some people's lists. So no offense I was worried when I got the 6th pick. I had worries about you, Wallflower and Steelman taking the Riders from me.

6/28/2020 11:52 pm  #105

Well Gritty spoke a bit too soon lol. Toronto was a predictable pick.

6/28/2020 11:54 pm  #106

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Way too soon.  

6/29/2020 12:15 am  #107

Gritty wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Way too soon.  

Loving the #DamGoodFootball there.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/29/2020 1:31 am  #108

Some interesting picks and some ones I saw coming. I'm really looking forward to the rivalries against Burmy and Scratch.

It's funny, I was really close to actually taking Birmingham but but decided to go with Minnesota after thinking more about it, I was really tempted just to see what the reaction would have been like lol

6/29/2020 6:22 am  #109

So humorously, I ended up with another Los Angeles team!   My original first choice was actually the Portland Grizzlies, but I figured they'd be of the board by the time I picked.  Somehow, 3 of my top 5 were still available, (for those wondering, my order was Portland, Los Angeles, Seattle, Birmingham, and Boston).

I'm actually surprised the Sabercats lasted this long, I thought that ThisisFine might pick the team, (seeing the Los Angeles Kings banner on his posts.  Thought since I picked the Los Angeles Titans before he could, maybe he'd jump on this team), so needless to say I'm really happy my #2 choice was still here!  

6/29/2020 8:32 am  #110

Oh boy, Buffalo goes off the board, and 3point goes through a table. Amazing. Drop the bombshell.

Last edited by ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth (6/29/2020 8:32 am)

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

Board footera