Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/18/2020 4:19 pm  #11

Re: NHL Hero Teams

Bit of a Younger fan but mine kinda revolves around the 2011 and last year's cup run for the B's.

C - Patrice Bergeron: I've always been on the front of a good Defense wins it all, and to me Bergy is the epitome of it all.
Wings - Recchi and Thornton: I found it incredibly fasnicating to see old man Recs' on the ice especially during that run he had with Marchand and Bergy. Shawn Thornton was someone I loved watching, especially when the Merlot line was at it's peak with Paille and Soupy.
D - Boychuk and Chara: Again, Big bodied Defensemen with Howitzers or Johnny Rockets if you will, hammering you from the point.
G- Tim Thomas: I love me some Tuuks..but Thomas was always something else..the acrobatic saves, checking one of the Sedins into the ice, fighting Carey Price..so much fun.

6/18/2020 4:42 pm  #12

I'm 30 now and I got into hockey pretty late so most of my favorite players are still active. I'm gonna go with childhood players that I remember or I liked.

C - Mario Lemieux - With big family ties to Pittsburgh, the hockey talk was always about Mario or Jagr.

W - Jaromir Jagr - With big family ties to Pittsburgh, the hockey talk was always about Mario or Jagr.

W - Martin St. Louis - As a young kid in the Tampa area, one of the few players I remember from the late 90's Lightning is St. Louis. I remember his jersey everywhere. I liked that he was small dude who could score.

D - Nicklas Lidstrom - Even though I always disliked the Red Wings, I loved Lidstrom and always pretended I was him if I was playing defense.

D - Chris Pronger - Even with his dirty reputation, who didn't love a huge dude who could hit as a kid?

G - Patrick Roy - As a kid, whoever played goalie pretended he was Roy. Period.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

6/18/2020 4:47 pm  #13

Steelman wrote:

I'm 30 now and I got into hockey pretty late so most of my favorite players are still active. I'm gonna go with childhood players that I remember or I liked.

C - Mario Lemieux - With big family ties to Pittsburgh, the hockey talk was always about Mario or Jagr.

W - Jaromir Jagr - With big family ties to Pittsburgh, the hockey talk was always about Mario or Jagr.

W - Martin St. Louis - As a young kid in the Tampa area, one of the few players I remember from the late 90's Lightning is St. Louis. I remember his jersey everywhere. I liked that he was small dude who could score.

D - Nicklas Lidstrom - Even though I always disliked the Red Wings, I loved Lidstrom and always pretended I was him if I was playing defense.

D - Chris Pronger - Even with his dirty reputation, who didn't love a huge dude who could hit as a kid?

How the heck did I forget about Marty St.Louis, honestly would have him instead of Cammalleri. Loved St. Louis when he played.

6/18/2020 4:52 pm  #14

Wallflower wrote:

Steelman wrote:

How the heck did I forget about Marty St.Louis, honestly would have him instead of Cammalleri. Loved St. Louis when he played.

St. Louis over Cammalleri would have been a good choice. But, hey, I changed my center before anyone noticed, so go for it. Trades are cool.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

6/18/2020 5:27 pm  #15

LW- Markus Naslund, loved the West Coast Express as a kid, and he was the first and main piece of it.

C- Stu Grimson, the guy was an absolute treat to watch in a fight. He ain’t called the Grim Reaper for no reason!

RW- Teemu Selanne, all around likeable guy with an absolute knack for scoring.

D- Scott Niedermayer, smooth skating offensive defenseman that I always enjoyed seeing fly.

D- Chris Pronger, the work ethic and sheer terror for opponents made me enjoy watching him.

G- Dominik Hasek, my favorite player of all time, his style always made him my favorite to watch.

Last edited by ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth (6/18/2020 7:24 pm)

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

Board footera