Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/21/2020 10:31 am  #71

Re: The National Association of Professional Football Clubs

Rugrat wrote:

H-Town1141 wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Wait a minute, the children's network Nickelodeon wasn't even invented til 1979. Is this secretly the future? Btw, great looks

A nickelodeon was a theatre in the early 20th century that would show short movies for a nickel, and where the network got its name from lol.

As for the looks, I'm really excited. I've always loved how everything of yours is well-researched and era-appropriate. No favorite team yet, just going to wait around 30 years for the Hurricanes.

I knew that, i was just messing with y'all

Sure, sure.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

5/21/2020 10:34 am  #72

Big fan of the backstory for this one, I love the time and detail you've put into these! In other words, I like this.

5/21/2020 10:52 am  #73

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

H-Town1141 wrote:

A nickelodeon was a theatre in the early 20th century that would show short movies for a nickel, and where the network got its name from lol.

As for the looks, I'm really excited. I've always loved how everything of yours is well-researched and era-appropriate. No favorite team yet, just going to wait around 30 years for the Hurricanes.

Sure, sure.

Any other 90s or 2000s kids on here besides me?

5/21/2020 11:12 am  #74

🙋🏻‍♂️

I like this

5/21/2020 11:17 am  #75

Rugrat wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Sure, sure.

I remember when Nickelodeon would stop kids programming and go to TV Land at night. You know when that wasn't its own channel. Then, they debuted SNICK on Saturday night, and that led to what we have today. Also, Are You Afraid of the Dark? was my sh-t.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

5/21/2020 11:54 am  #76

So here were my personal faves growing up. I was born back in 89 so was a 90s-2000s kid. My favorites on Nick were Rugrats (hence my name), Hey Arnold!, Doug, Aaahh! Real Monsters, Rocket Power and Rugrats: All Grown Up! Cartoon Network wasn't bad back then either, my favorites there were Dexter's Lab, Ed, Edd n Eddy and Codename: KND. I don't remember watching much disney channel growing up, but i did watch Recess from time to time. (Also i think Doug was on there for a few years) Dang, i miss my childhood

5/21/2020 12:59 pm  #77

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Sure, sure.

I remember when Nickelodeon would stop kids programming and go to TV Land at night. You know when that wasn't its own channel. Then, they debuted SNICK on Saturday night, and that led to what we have today. Also, Are You Afraid of the Dark? was my sh-t.

I think you meant Nick at Nite.

Anyways, I saw most of the old Nicktoons. Doug, Rugrats, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold!, etc.

Ren and Stimpy was the one that stood out the most. But as I got older and learned what John Kricfalusi was up to behind the scenes, my nostalgia waned with time. But then again, Bob Camp was the real genius behind that show.

5/29/2020 5:32 pm  #78

Rockford Pros

History: Zealous Bates Tower Corbett founded the Rockford Athletic Association in 1901. He began paying players in 1911, though by 1913, the Pros had become a travelling team, rarely actually playing in Rockford.

Leadership: Corbett considers the Pros to be an interesting hobby, but he is always careful not to lose money in running the team. This often leads to him selling the contracts of successful players and pocketing the profit. Tailback James Sea serves as coach.

Key Players: Blocking back Frank Eunice is a true star, but as is so often the case with stars who emerge in Rockford, there are rumors that Corbett intends to Eunice after the season.

Outlook: This team isn’t well-known east of Chicago, and will likely play a lot of games against non-league opponents. Even if that produces a weaker schedule, they’re still not likely to finish high in the standings.

Nickname: It’s probably self-explanatory, but Corbett adopted the nickname Professionals or Pros after he started paying players.

Logo: It’s just the team name in script. The font is Norican, by Vernon Adams.

Uniform: It’s pretty flashy, by the standards of the era. A dark blue sweater with alternating thin and thick orange strips on the sleeve, and the team name across the chest. They’re the only team in the league to feature their full logo on the uniform.

Last edited by Veras (5/29/2020 8:31 pm)

I like this

5/29/2020 7:11 pm  #79

Good to see you getting back into alt history, Veras! Everything looks good so far, and I really like the Rockford look, even if the colors are a little hard to differentiate. Excited for the next century of football!

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

5/29/2020 8:29 pm  #80

I assume it's supposed to read alternating thick and thin stripes on the sleeves, not alternating thick and thick stripes.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera