Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/26/2020 10:41 pm  #491

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

I’m looking out for Bowser. I don’t care if he’s evil, he’ll smash the offense like a fat guy with cake in front of him.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

5/27/2020 9:53 am  #492

It may have been lost in the shuffle yesterday but it is time to stop with the Nintendo conversation as in regards to the AltFL.  We want to focus this particular thread on just the building of the league.  

Seems to me like a really strong idea for its own concept league.  I agree with ThisIsFine Bowser would be a strong presence on the field.  And even if they did score on him - the points would be in another end zone.  

I appreciate the creativity, but let's get back to the business of the AltFL.  This is everyone's last call for CENTRAL Division Logos.  I am planning on launching the poll tonight (roughly 6 ET).  Reach out if you need a few extra minutes.  We have a good mix of logos this go around.

5/27/2020 4:43 pm  #493

Alright everyone, here we are.  We have arrived at the end of the 'Logo Round'.   Hope you enjoy the selections for the Central Division.  If you sent me some ideas, I tried my hardest to get as many done as I could.  I tried to combine ideas of people if possible.  

https://forms.gle/BKgmgxD7JJRpRgP18

Do not forget that the uniforms for the South are due this Saturday.  We already have some entries.  Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with! 

5/27/2020 5:05 pm  #494

Any way we can get the logos in a post here as well? The St. Louis options are smaller than the rest, so it's a bit harder for me to make out details.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

5/27/2020 5:07 pm  #495

Without commenting on the individual designs (waiting the traditional 24 hours before doing so), I gotta say, this was an AWESOME round of logos!  Seriously had a hard time with a few of these!

5/27/2020 5:08 pm  #496

5/27/2020 5:27 pm  #497

Really knocked it out of the park with this bunch. St. Louis, Minnesota and Milwaukee were some of the hardest decisions to make yet!

5/27/2020 5:40 pm  #498

Some fun colors to work with here! The alts weren’t a color rush thing right? I did three color rush alts then had the thought of “oh wait maybe this wasn’t required”. Idk why alt and color rush make me think of the same thing in football.

Edit: I am asking instead of not referencing the original post regarding uniforms because it says "Alt (color rush)". I wasn't sure if that was an example of an alt or if we will be having cool CR matches this year.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (5/27/2020 5:49 pm)

5/27/2020 5:56 pm  #499

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Some fun colors to work with here! The alts weren’t a color rush thing right? I did three color rush alts then had the thought of “oh wait maybe this wasn’t required”. Idk why alt and color rush make me think of the same thing in football.

Yeah it's my bad.  I used Color Rush and Alternate interchangeably in the first post.  I was referencing the more recent use of 'Color Rush' in the NFL which has become just an alternate (after teams didn't want to go crazy with their color).  But originally it was the TNF CBS gimmick to just have crazy amounts of color in the uniforms.  

Right now your submission should just be: 

HOME --> COLOR
AWAY --> WHITE
ALTERNATE --> Whatever you want but you should use the team's existing color palette. 

So a total of 3. You can also have up to three sets of pants, which owners could then mix and match to make 'alternates' if that makes sense.

5/27/2020 7:17 pm  #500

Can we use grey or off white for the away uniform or does it have to be white? In particular grey, would a light grey be able to be used as a substitute for white?

Board footera