Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/23/2020 1:44 pm  #431

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

Hopefully we got some good logos for the west coming!

5/23/2020 2:37 pm  #432

Question from someone who knows nothing about football uniforms and need a word of advice.

When it comes to football uniforms is their certain shades that just don’t work on the field? I’m looking at all the teal, I’m scared to jump into all of them. I know that in hockey there might be a limit to teal, but are there limits that just don’t look good on turf? Also, is there some general football no goes that I should be aware of? (Ex. Certain combos for helmet, jersey, pants and socks)

5/23/2020 2:50 pm  #433

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Question from someone who knows nothing about football uniforms and need a word of advice.

When it comes to football uniforms is their certain shades that just don’t work on the field? I’m looking at all the teal, I’m scared to jump into all of them. I know that in hockey there might be a limit to teal, but are there limits that just don’t look good on turf? Also, is there some general football no goes that I should be aware of? (Ex. Certain combos for helmet, jersey, pants and socks)

I mean I am no expert, but I don't think there is as much limitations on football uniforms, like in NHL white pants generally don't look great or miss matching top and bottoms in NBA, but football doesn't have the issues. I think colour wise in general its pretty basic colour rules, just make sure there's enough contrast between colours. Dolphins do just fine with teal and Panthers bright blue. Though I would avoid gradients, as any attempts I've seen have never really been fantastic.

The best thing is just to be consistent throughout and don't have too many contradicting patterns or stripes on jerseys. Also, keep is pretty simple. I'm sure others have more tips or other opinions.

If you want more specific feedback on jerseys, feel free to PM me. 

5/23/2020 7:29 pm  #434

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Color wise, it's pretty lax. Although I do consider myself a fan of more traditional styles, I would still avoid all head to toe monochrome, it's not as awful as some people might say but it certainly isn't a good look. For helmets, avoid having the logo be a majority of the color as the helmet. It's very rare that it works. The only example I can think of are the Texans. I would avoid too many combinations. Make sure to keep your helmet color a color that's found somewhere else within the uniform, so don't do what the patriots did basically. There's probably more but those are just some of the first things that come to mind

5/23/2020 10:03 pm  #435

It is time for the AltFL WEST, 

Like last time, let's let a little bit of time go by before making our comments - as to not sway the vote.  Let's try to keep things positive and constructive.  

https://forms.gle/f24tJF4g3UEUeR3RA

Remember, this Wednesday is the final division, the AltFL CENTRAL.  The uniforms for the SOUTH are due next Saturday.  If you have any questions let me know.  

5/24/2020 8:47 am  #436

Wow, Portland and Seattle were tough for me to choose from. Seattle may have been the toughest of any of the 18 cities so far for me.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

5/24/2020 9:17 am  #437

I can't believe there is only 1 option for the Sabercats

5/24/2020 9:50 am  #438

Rugrat wrote:

I can't believe there is only 1 option for the Sabercats

Eh, it does occasionally happen.  Out of the AltHL's 18 teams, 3 of them only had 1 submitted logo, (had to double check on the stats, which did give me a nice opportunity to look at the other alternate choices we had for the logos.  There were some really good ones!).  So honestly, it's nice that it took this long for it to happen here in the AltFL.  

5/24/2020 1:02 pm  #439

Almost had a second for LA, but I wasn't fast enough. My bad.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

5/24/2020 5:53 pm  #440

A ton of votes have come in already.  Get in your votes.  I'll close the poll tomorrow morning.  

Board footera