Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/18/2020 3:51 pm  #361

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

I have a strong feeling vice will win out but man is it overrated. I'm sorry but IMO Tennessee has the worst use of teal out of them all and should've been dropped change the eye to white an be done. Nonetheless the logos themselves look phenomenal, there was many good submissions but I think the ones that won were clearly the favorites.
Gritty when's the next division after the North going to be due? I've been kinda packed this and last week on time but I'm down to try and get some submissions into a later division

5/18/2020 3:53 pm  #362

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

I have a strong feeling vice will win out but man is it overrated. I'm sorry but IMO Tennessee has the worst use of teal out of them all and should've been dropped change the eye to white an be done. Nonetheless the logos themselves look phenomenal, there was many good submissions but I think the ones that won were clearly the favorites.
Gritty when's the next division after the North going to be due? I've been kinda packed this and last week on time but I'm down to try and get some submissions into a later division

Wednesday will be the NORTH.  Saturday will be the WEST.  The following Wednesday will be the CENTRAL.  If you ever need a little extra time just reach out to me.

5/18/2020 4:03 pm  #363

Will there be a legacy series for this like the AltHL?

5/18/2020 4:16 pm  #364

Ayy, finally got some points lol

5/18/2020 4:22 pm  #365

Rugrat wrote:

Will there be a legacy series for this like the AltHL?

I think that is definitely a possibility. I have already started organizing for it.  

5/18/2020 4:28 pm  #366

LOVELY picks, all the winners are!  All of 'em but Birmingham's are the ones I voted for (and even in their case, was one I was torn between my pick and the eventual winner on)

Perhaps some of you noticed my co-credit on the San Antonio Phantoms' winning logo...yes, that was me who DM'd him my idea about the Phantoms' look.  After the earlier confusion on what theme should be used in the logo (you'll notice it was the only name not to have a write-up for the announcement), DireBear said they were going for more of a bandido theme with their nomination, I knew the challenge would be how to create the look the nominator had in mind, but distinct enough from the Dallas Bandits' design.  Then it dawned on me; because the bandit depicted in Dallas' logo would most likely be a gringo, why not give the Phantoms specifically a Mexican-themed look, to complement and contrast their Texas rivals and to form a brand their fanbase would be proud to rally behind.

I'm glad to see you all love it as much as you do...I'm absolutely stoked for everything to come! (I got a few more ideas in mind, after all)

5/18/2020 4:29 pm  #367

I was the one who suggested the Skeleton Horse for San Antonio, kinda going for this "Haunted Lawman" theme. 

5/18/2020 4:34 pm  #368

If I hadn't submitted a logo for San Antonio, the phantom horse is what I would've voted for. However, the winner is also awesome and I think we have a very strong first group. That SA wordmark might be the best piece of art the whole AltSports has produced, but everything looks great. Hopefully the North will give me a victory!

5/18/2020 4:47 pm  #369

i feel like the Phantoms would make for a really strong 90s era Starter Jacket.  

5/18/2020 4:59 pm  #370

Gritty wrote:

i feel like the Phantoms would make for a really strong 90s era Starter Jacket.  

Agreed, I think Miami and Dallas got potential there too.

Board footera