Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/07/2020 6:34 pm  #281

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

Was the Salt Lake City Cougars missed or disqualified? If so all good, just curious

5/07/2020 6:40 pm  #282

Wallflower wrote:

Was the Salt Lake City Cougars missed or disqualified? If so all good, just curious

That's BYU's nickname...even though Provo-Orem is technically a different metro area, I think he DQ'd it because it's one of three big-name college teams in the state (just like Utes or Aggies would be DQ'd too)

5/07/2020 6:55 pm  #283

Well, so far I got one, so I broke the bridesmaid curse, maybe I get two or three more, who knows.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

5/07/2020 7:27 pm  #284

Burmy87 wrote:

Wallflower wrote:

That's BYU's nickname...even though Provo-Orem is technically a different metro area, I think he DQ'd it because it's one of three big-name college teams in the state (just like Utes or Aggies would be DQ'd too)

Ahh okay, fair enough, I don't know college teams that well.

5/07/2020 7:28 pm  #285

Glad to see Emperors was selected and finally get my name among those that have named ALT teams. I'd like to see at least one more of mine win, but I'll take what I can get here.

5/07/2020 7:39 pm  #286

Burmy87 wrote:

Congratulations to all the winners...filled with anticipation for Orlando's result too (You know which one I'm rooting for).

A little question: Grizzlies won Portland's vote, but it's still on the list of options for Toronto...was that a typo or are you open to an "American Grizzlies/Canadian Grizzlies" solution?

No you're correct. There won't be another Grizzlies. I had made the poll before the final results came in. I'll remove them.

5/07/2020 7:57 pm  #287

Well, I guess I'm going to need to really bring my A game for logos. I know the jerseys won't help with my draft position, and I got runner up once for names. 

5/08/2020 3:37 pm  #288

So I've got one confirmed name and a couple of second places now?

5/08/2020 6:52 pm  #289

If it's alright I'd be interested in seeing the point totals for every owner and where everyone stands currently.
I know i have a few runner ups and a couple, potentially 3 depending on Orlando, names chosen.

5/08/2020 7:08 pm  #290

So far I got one winner, at least two runners-up, and a third that's in the runoff poll.

Any designers who wants to work with me, just let me know...I got plenty of ideas!

Board footera