Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/17/2020 9:00 pm  #1061

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

QCS wrote:

Balu the Bare wrote:

QCS wrote:

Yeah, 9. What combo are you thinking, purple/white/purple or something like that?

I was thinking white/gold/white
I figured it was light enough that I could wear it on the road, especially against the red. Now that I think about it, though, I'm not even sure I'd be able to do that. I'm a little iffy on the uni rules still.

I know we're doing colors at home, but two teams (Dallas and Birmingham) have other colors as their road uniform (cream and light gray). I don't think the gold will have enough contrast to work as a road uniform. 

I got the idea from the Liverpool/Manchester United game from back in January (remember crowds in stadiums? That was a good time). I thought it might work here, too.

Looking at it now, I realize that you have a different shade of red, though so...I did a quick (and real dirty) side-by-side. I think it works still, but ultimately it's your call. If you want the Stallions in white, we'll wear white.

Only the written records of his travels survive.

7/17/2020 10:44 pm  #1062

Hey Burmy, We’re wearing all white for Armed forces night Windsor Stadium. What are you gonna wear?

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

7/17/2020 11:09 pm  #1063

ThisIsFine wrote:

Hey Burmy, We’re wearing all white for Armed forces night Windsor Stadium. What are you gonna wear?

We'll be wearing our all-greens (to honor our US Armed Forces as you honor your Canadian Armed Forces).

7/17/2020 11:25 pm  #1064

Burmy87 wrote:

ThisIsFine wrote:

We'll be wearing our all-greens (to honor our US Armed Forces as you honor your Canadian Armed Forces).

Nice. Has anyone confirmed founding dates for their teams? I’m the only official one that I know of. (Founded in 1990)

7/18/2020 12:00 am  #1065

Balu the Bare wrote:

QCS wrote:

Balu the Bare wrote:

I was thinking white/gold/white
I figured it was light enough that I could wear it on the road, especially against the red. Now that I think about it, though, I'm not even sure I'd be able to do that. I'm a little iffy on the uni rules still.

I know we're doing colors at home, but two teams (Dallas and Birmingham) have other colors as their road uniform (cream and light gray). I don't think the gold will have enough contrast to work as a road uniform. 

I got the idea from the Liverpool/Manchester United game from back in January (remember crowds in stadiums? That was a good time). I thought it might work here, too.

Looking at it now, I realize that you have a different shade of red, though so...I did a quick (and real dirty) side-by-side. I think it works still, but ultimately it's your call. If you want the Stallions in white, we'll wear white.

It's not terrible, but I'd rather have them in white. Sorry, I just don't think it's quite enough contrast to work.

ThisIsFine wrote:

Nice. Has anyone confirmed founding dates for their teams? I’m the only official one that I know of. (Founded in 1990)

I'd think I'd be a newer franchise, let's say you and I are expansion partners from '90.

7/18/2020 1:00 am  #1066

I can't think of exact years but assuming it follows a similar pattern as the NFL, I'd say our oldest teams are New York, Boston, Chicago, Milwaukee, and Philadelphia. The first expansion teams could be somewhere in the 60's with Kentucky, Dallas, Buffalo, St. Louis, LA and Minnesota being added. Followed by San Diego, Miami, KC, Seattle and Portland in the 70s. Then San Antonio and Arizona are added in the 80s. Finally Utah, Carolina, Toronto and Orlando are added in the 90s.
The only teams I have trouble fitting in with this are the Vulcans, since they are the only city we have without any professional sports.

7/18/2020 1:10 am  #1067

In my stadium write-up that my first stadium was built in 1954, but the Nashville Copperheads had been around before that. I guess I just imagined the Copperheads playing in a regional league before making the jump up.

7/18/2020 6:27 am  #1068

I made the comment in my stadium write up that we shared Busch Stadium since ‘78, so that would be when we were added to the league

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

7/18/2020 9:18 am  #1069

Burmy87 wrote:

ThisIsFine wrote:

Maybe a joint Colour Guard for the anthems?

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

7/18/2020 11:17 am  #1070

My Timetable:
New York, Boston, and Chicago have been in the league since before WWII.
Kentucky and Milwaukee were added in 1953.
Minnesota, Dallas, Tennessee, Philadelphia, LA, and Portland were added as part of a rival league in the early 60s. San Diego, Miami, St. Louis, and Seattle were added to the existing league.
The leagues merged, and Birmingham and Buffalo were added in 1970. Carolina was added in 1974.
Toronto and Arizona were added in 1990.
San Antonio and Kansas City were added in 1995.
Finally, Orlando and Utah were added in 1999, setting up the league’s current structure.

Board footera