Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/14/2020 6:41 pm  #1051

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

The Miami Hammerheads 2020 uniform schedule:

7/15/2020 11:19 am  #1052

Now that life has calmed a bit, here are the Stallions Legacy and Modern Stadiums! 
The first one is Louisville Fairgrounds Memorial Stadium, built in 1956. Most people simply called it, "The Grounds." It was renovated in 1970 and again in 1990 and is where the Stallions finished their 2019 season. The second is "The Greatest Field" at Humana Stadium, built in 2019 next to "The Grounds" (making parking for the 2019 season a nightmare for fans). It should be noted that "The Greatest Field" is an unofficial nickname and is not endorsed by any member of the Ali family. 

Only the written records of his travels survive.

7/16/2020 2:29 pm  #1053

QCS wrote:

Week 9 vs. Kentucky will be red helmet, red jersey, green pants, which is the preferred look against teams in all-white.
As a more traditional franchise, steps were taken to avoid monochrome and to provide the most color as proudly the brightest team in the league. If any opponents are planning on wearing white at home, please let me know so I can adjust my schedule accordingly. 

Hey so, I had planned some stuff out before I saw this. I hadn't planned on the all-white look for this week. I can switch to it if you want, nothing I've done is set in stone. Just let me know

7/16/2020 6:49 pm  #1054

Balu the Bare wrote:

QCS wrote:

Week 9 vs. Kentucky will be red helmet, red jersey, green pants, which is the preferred look against teams in all-white.
As a more traditional franchise, steps were taken to avoid monochrome and to provide the most color as proudly the brightest team in the league. If any opponents are planning on wearing white at home, please let me know so I can adjust my schedule accordingly. 

Hey so, I had planned some stuff out before I saw this. I hadn't planned on the all-white look for this week. I can switch to it if you want, nothing I've done is set in stone. Just let me know

I mean you can go with whatever you want as long as the jersey's white, since I'm the home team I'm in color. I might switch the pants to white but I'm still fine with red/red/green.

7/16/2020 7:09 pm  #1055

QCS wrote:

I mean you can go with whatever you want as long as the jersey's white, since I'm the home team I'm in color. I might switch the pants to white but I'm still fine with red/red/green.

That's week...9? That sounds good.

7/16/2020 7:13 pm  #1056

Balu the Bare wrote:

QCS wrote:

Yeah, 9. What combo are you thinking, purple/white/purple or something like that?

7/16/2020 10:18 pm  #1057

QCS wrote:

Balu the Bare wrote:

QCS wrote:

Yeah, 9. What combo are you thinking, purple/white/purple or something like that?

I was thinking white/gold/white
I figured it was light enough that I could wear it on the road, especially against the red. Now that I think about it, though, I'm not even sure I'd be able to do that. I'm a little iffy on the uni rules still.

7/16/2020 11:45 pm  #1058

Balu the Bare wrote:

QCS wrote:

Balu the Bare wrote:

I figured it was light enough that I could wear it on the road, especially against the red. Now that I think about it, though, I'm not even sure I'd be able to do that. I'm a little iffy on the uni rules still.

I know we're doing colors at home, but two teams (Dallas and Birmingham) have other colors as their road uniform (cream and light gray). I don't think the gold will have enough contrast to work as a road uniform. 

As for the rules, my understanding is the home team gets to decide what they wear and the road team has to contrast, and most of us are colors at home. Alts are for primetime games (we each get two and Week 13 counts as well) and the uniforms can be mixed and matched for the most part. For example, you could wear white/gold/gold at home during a Primetime home game or you could wear purple/white/gold on the road if you wanted. When I made my schedule I assumed all of my opponents would use their default road, home, and alt, which wasn't entirely accurate but it served me well enough. 

7/16/2020 11:50 pm  #1059

QCS wrote:

Balu the Bare wrote:

QCS wrote:

I know we're doing colors at home, but two teams (Dallas and Birmingham) have other colors as their road uniform (cream and light gray). I don't think the gold will have enough contrast to work as a road uniform. 

As for the rules, my understanding is the home team gets to decide what they wear and the road team has to contrast, and most of us are colors at home. Alts are for primetime games (we each get two and Week 13 counts as well) and the uniforms can be mixed and matched for the most part. For example, you could wear white/gold/gold at home during a Primetime home game or you could wear purple/white/gold on the road if you wanted. When I made my schedule I assumed all of my opponents would use their default road, home, and alt, which wasn't entirely accurate but it served me well enough. 

I don't think the alts are mandated for the primetime games, I think it's just assumed people will wear them then. As for uniform combination, I have a rough plan of trying to use all 3 different pairs of pants with my home and road, I didn't think that was against the rules.

7/17/2020 12:00 am  #1060

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

I don't think the alts are mandated for the primetime games, I think it's just assumed people will wear them then. As for uniform combination, I have a rough plan of trying to use all 3 different pairs of pants with my home and road, I didn't think that was against the rules.

I don't think it's required for Primetime, but that's what they're mostly for. To my understanding you can alternate the pants and helmet but the important part is colors at home and white on the road.

Board footera