Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/13/2020 12:11 pm  #1021

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

JamHeronArk wrote:

DENVER - A man wearing a full-on old-west-style bandit's outfit was seen running up to the Denver headquarters of AltSPN. He hurriedly stuck a Post-It on the front window and sprinted away. The note said only "2CC 3CD 5CD 6OO 9CD 12CC 13OO." AltSPN in-house cryptologist Jay Mehrenark, after several hours of research, was able to figure out that this was the Dallas Bandits home uniform schedule. After an hour of brainstorming, the third-floor staff decoded the letters, which stood for pieces of the uniform. The C stood for Clay, the D for Dust, and the O for Oil. Jay then put together a mock-up of what that home schedule would look like.

I mean, I personally wouldn't wear my all black only against the two teams I'd play who wear black, in fact I'd wear then against teams that have orange in their identity to create further seperation between the teams. For example I'd wear black against Tennessee since Copper is close to orange, and it'll make it easier to distinguish the teams. New York is alright I guess, but Arizona would maybe be a better match though, although sand is minimized in their package.

7/13/2020 1:10 pm  #1022

Week 1 @Toronto White/Yellow
Week 2 @Philadelphia White/Yellow
Week 3 Chicago Yellow/Navy
Week 4 @Kentucky White/Navy
Week 5 Kansas City Navy/Yellow
Week 6 @San Antonio White/Yellow
Week 7 Los Angeles Navy/Yellow
Week 8 @St. Louis White/Navy
Week 9 Minnesota Navy/Yellow
Week 10 @Milwaukee White/Yellow
Week 11 Carolina Navy/Yellow
Week 12 Buffalo Yellow/Navy
Week 13 @New York White/Navy

7/13/2020 2:26 pm  #1023

The Carolina Reapers have unveiled their 2020 uniform schedule!

Week 1 @Buffalo will be the normal road combo.
Week 2 vs. Toronto in Primetime will be red helmet, green jersey, and red pants, which is the preferred alt look.
Week 3 vs. St. Louis will be the normal home combo.
Week 4 @Minnesota will be the normal road combo.
Week 5 vs. Milwaukee will be the normal home combo.
Week 6 @Tennessee in Primetime will be red helmet, white jersey, red pants, which is the preferred Primetime away look.
Weel 7 vs. Arizona will be the normal home combo.
Week 8 @Chicago will be red helmet, white jersey, red pants, which is the preferred away look against opponents with white helmets.
Week 9 vs. Kentucky will be red helmet, red jersey, green pants, which is the preferred look against teams in all-white.
Week 10 @Kansas City will be the normal road combo. 
Week 11 @Boston will be the normal road combo.
Week 12 @New York will be the normal road combo.
Week 13 vs. Philadelphia will be the preferred alt combo.

As a more traditional franchise, steps were taken to avoid monochrome and to provide the most color as proudly the brightest team in the league. If any opponents are planning on wearing white at home, please let me know so I can adjust my schedule accordingly. 

7/13/2020 2:29 pm  #1024

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

I mean, I personally wouldn't wear my all black only against the two teams I'd play who wear black, in fact I'd wear then against teams that have orange in their identity to create further seperation between the teams. For example I'd wear black against Tennessee since Copper is close to orange, and it'll make it easier to distinguish the teams. New York is alright I guess, but Arizona would maybe be a better match though, although sand is minimized in their package.

Alternates were to be saved for primetime games, and the Emporers were my only primetime home opponents, so I had to capitalize. I also felt that the game against the Phantoms would be the biggest game of the year, so I also chose the oil alternates. I understand where you are coming from (and it kinda sucks that the teams that wear black are my big game opponents), but as the home team for these games, I believe that it is my choice what to wear. When other teams release their uni schedules, I will choose away uniforms to increase contrast.

In addition, all games where the Oil uniforms are worn will be played at the Oil Bowl.
#OilMoney

7/13/2020 3:11 pm  #1025

Oconomowoc-Birmingham Vulcans owner n00bthtpwnz has released a statement in regards to the 2020 Uniform Schedule for the team.

"As some owners have already been releasing their uniform combinations for the season, I want to give a straightforward reasoning for the process in picking the uniforms for not just each Vulcans game this season, but for every season in the future. All daytime Home games at BBVA Stadium will have the regular Home combination, every Away game will be the regular Away combination, the Retro Game each season at Legion Field will be the regular Home combination, but with Black pants instead of Grey and only during HOME PRIMETIME GAMES will the Vulcans be wearing their Red alternate, Week 13 Games each season where we are the home team will not count as a Primetime game.

I'm aware of the commissioner's statement that Week 13 is technically a "Primetime" game for everybody, but...no, just no. The other owners can do what they want with that, it's none of my business, but for us, it's just another game."

2020 Birmingham Vulcans Uniform Schedule (Helmet/Jersey/Pants):
Week 1 vs. Dallas: Black/Black/Grey
Week 2 vs. San Antonio: Black/Black/Grey
Week 3 vs. Utah (SNF): Red/Red/Red
Week 4 @Arizona: Black/Grey/Black
Week 5 vs. Seattle: Black/Black/Grey
Week 6 vs. Philadelphia: Black/Black/Grey
Week 7 @Kansas City (MNF): Black/Grey/Grey
Week 8 @San Diego: Black/Grey/Black
Week 9 vs. Los Angeles: Black/Black/Grey
Week 10 @Portland: Black/Grey/Black
Week 11 @Orlando: Black/Grey/Black
Week 12 vs. Miami (Retro Game): Black/Black/Black
Week 13 @Tennessee: Black/Grey/Black

Edit: By request from Kansas City, the Vulcans will wear their Grey Pants for their matchup in Week 7.

Last edited by n00bthtpwnz (7/14/2020 12:05 pm)

7/13/2020 3:40 pm  #1026

I just took a quick schedule look, and I have 8 road games...

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

7/13/2020 4:04 pm  #1027

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

I just took a quick schedule look, and I have 8 road games...

I'll take a look. I just messed up the graphics most likely.

7/13/2020 4:43 pm  #1028

I think I'm gonna keep my uniforms a secret until the week before and make a graphic like a lot of college teams have been doing lately

7/13/2020 5:01 pm  #1029

The Chicago Cyclones are proud to unveil our uniform schedule for the 2020 season:

Week 1 against Kentucky will be our "normal" home set, white on red on tan
Week 2 on the road against KC will be our "normal" away set, white on white on red
Week 3 under the lights at Boston we'll be in all white, a tradition for all primetime games that are not in Rivalry week
Week 4 will feature our traditional home set against the Emperors
Week 5 under the lights at Buffalo will be our all-white set
Week 6 against LA will have our primary road set
Week 7 will feature our primary home set for the last time this season
Week 8 against Carolina will be our color rush set to avoid clashing with a primarily red team
Week 9 against Philly will have tan pants to go with the road set to avoid clashing with the Brawlers
Week 10 will be our color rush set again to avoid clashing with the primarily red Beavers
Week 11 will feature red on white to avoid clashing with the Explorers' pants
Week 12 will have the same combo as Week 11
Rivalry Week at Milwaukee will feature a combination of our home and road sets to honor our tradition as a football team (probably some sort of Nikespeak in there)

I say "normal" as this year, the Cyclones will be wearing all uniform combos for the home and away at least twice, but our traditional home and away sets will be the "normal" ones. Also, if anyone has uniform plans that clash with mine, let me know so I can adjust as necessary.

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

7/13/2020 5:03 pm  #1030

Section30 wrote:

I think I'm gonna keep my uniforms a secret until the week before and make a graphic like a lot of college teams have been doing lately

That's what I was thinking! 

Board footera