Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/12/2020 3:40 pm  #1011

Re: AltFL - Design Thread

I feel like in the Central a Mallard -Voyageurs and Cyclones-Stallions rivalry would make a bit more sense, or even a Explorers-Stallions and Scarecrows-Voyageurs

Other than that, I like my schedule, I'm glad to get a Thanksgivings Day spot.

7/12/2020 3:46 pm  #1012

My lord, I didn't realize who my rival was. I also suck at football. I'll be afk week 13 just because I see my team getting dragged through the dirt by St. Louis fans. Won't even have the children of the corn (our ultras) there to back us up. #shuckem

7/12/2020 3:51 pm  #1013

Yeah some of the matchups were tougher.  

I put Chicago with Milwaukee because of the proximity (only an 90 minute or so drive) as well as the natural Bears/Packers roots.  And then of course the Show Me Showdown between KC and STL.  Of course we got real close to having 100% of the rivalries making sense but Carolina/Philly and Minnesota/Kentucky will have to do.

7/12/2020 4:06 pm  #1014

Nice, a good group of primetime games. I'm not totally in love with being on the road with our home opener being the Monday Night after going up to Dominion Field and the TBD Field in Philly. So is there any "Traditional" teams that play on Thanksgiving ala Detroit/Dallas?

7/12/2020 4:22 pm  #1015

Darknes wrote:

Nice, a good group of primetime games. I'm not totally in love with being on the road with our home opener being the Monday Night after going up to Dominion Field and the TBD Field in Philly. So is there any "Traditional" teams that play on Thanksgiving ala Detroit/Dallas?

I thought about that. But maybe to make it fair. The team that wins earns the right to host it the following year.  They then get new opponents and it keeps going on like that.

7/12/2020 7:33 pm  #1016

Um, it seems I've ended up with 8 away games and 5 home games. I know it's not supposed to be even, but it should be 7 and 6, right?

Edit: It looks like Toronto ended up with 8 home games. Might I suggest switching our Week 2 matchup?

Last edited by QCS (7/12/2020 7:38 pm)

7/12/2020 8:58 pm  #1017

QCS wrote:

Um, it seems I've ended up with 8 away games and 5 home games. I know it's not supposed to be even, but it should be 7 and 6, right?

Edit: It looks like Toronto ended up with 8 home games. Might I suggest switching our Week 2 matchup?

Yep, good catch. That week 2 game Carolina is at home.  I just inverted the logos.

7/12/2020 9:00 pm  #1018

Now we just need to update the schedule on Fantrax.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

7/13/2020 12:08 am  #1019

Gritty wrote:

QCS wrote:

Yep, good catch. That week 2 game Carolina is at home.  I just inverted the logos.

Awesome, good to know. I'll have my uniform schedule done tomorrow.

7/13/2020 10:28 am  #1020

DENVER - A man wearing a full-on old-west-style bandit's outfit was seen running up to the Denver headquarters of AltSPN. He hurriedly stuck a Post-It on the front window and sprinted away. The note said only "2CC 3CD 5CD 6OO 9CD 12CC 13OO." AltSPN in-house cryptologist Jay Mehrenark, after several hours of research, was able to figure out that this was the Dallas Bandits home uniform schedule. After an hour of brainstorming, the third-floor staff decoded the letters, which stood for pieces of the uniform. The C stood for Clay, the D for Dust, and the O for Oil. Jay then put together a mock-up of what that home schedule would look like.

Board footera