Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/17/2020 3:23 pm  #1

Team colors and logo ideas.

As I unveil the teams in my World League series, I've pretty much brought back roughly half of the real-life teams with their classic colors.

The next challenge is coming up with color schemes for the following teams:

Mexico City: Leaning towards Aztecs for the name.

Toronto: Leaning towards Huskies, but I might use the Blue Jays' colors from '91 or earlier.

Los Angeles: Leaning towards Avengers as the team's name, but it'll take a little bit more time to conceptualize the logo while trying to keep it in that early 90's style. I still don't have a color scheme in mind, but I want to be different from in-state rival Sacramento.

Amsterdam's team will definitely be called the Admirals, but I feel by bringing them out earlier than in real life, there might need to be a different logo before the shield and ribbon combo that was introduced in '95. Orange and Navy will be the colors.

4/17/2020 5:10 pm  #2

Re: Team colors and logo ideas.

I would go different for Mexico City. Maybe "Luchadores". I think having the wrestling mask could be a unique look and allow you to be "flashy" with the look.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

4/17/2020 5:18 pm  #3

If you wanted to go with the name Aztecs, I would recommend Aztecas instead. It is the Spanish translation of it, but most Americans would still understand what it means

4/17/2020 5:27 pm  #4

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I would go different for Mexico City. Maybe "Luchadores". I think having the wrestling mask could be a unique look and allow you to be "flashy" with the look.

So if I go with Luchadores instead of Aztecs, what would be a good color scheme in your opinion?

4/17/2020 8:11 pm  #5

NeoPrankster wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

So if I go with Luchadores instead of Aztecs, what would be a good color scheme in your opinion?

Powder Blue, Red, Gold and white.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

4/17/2020 9:00 pm  #6

NeoPrankster wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

The most famous of them all. 

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

4/17/2020 10:50 pm  #7

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Here's a prototype for the Luchadores' logo.

4/18/2020 1:48 am  #8

Add teal to the Admirals and it could have a nautical theme.  The Surge have teal, but this could be dark teal like the San Jose Sharks or blue teal like the Charlotte Hornets.

Since the Knights have black, Avengers can have charcoal gray or cobalt/steel blue.  Those are underused colors.

Last edited by CaliforniaGlowin (4/18/2020 9:05 am)

4/18/2020 6:27 pm  #9

The Admirals could also use the Dolphins aqua color.

4/23/2020 5:03 pm  #10

Here's where we stand with team colors.

Amsterdam: Orange, Navy and Kelly green
Frankfurt: Purple and orange
London: Royal blue, gold and red
Paris: Navy and red

Baltimore: Royal blue and silver
NY/NJ: Black, gold and silver
Orlando: Neon green, Columbia blue, Navy and gold
Toronto: Royal blue, ice blue and red

Mexico City: Magenta, orange and aqua
Sacramento: Aqua and gold
San Antonio: Brown, gold and orange

That leaves Los Angeles, which still doesn't have colors or a logo.

Board footera