Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/07/2020 7:13 pm  #81

Re: AltHL - Owner Draft and Beyond

Oh wait, Here’s a bus stop ad I forgot to add:
https://i.imgur.com/YaILg8y.jpg

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

4/07/2020 7:48 pm  #82

Definitely gonna get to some of those graphics at some point, I am currently putting together my goal horn, hopefully, that will be done soon.

I like what you got started ThisIsFine looks good. I love the Twitter post #savethetrees

Also, Is there any extra Arrows graphics like alternate logos or wordmark that were made? I only have the logo at this point.

Last edited by Wallflower (4/07/2020 7:51 pm)

4/07/2020 8:23 pm  #83

Wallflower wrote:

Definitely gonna get to some of those graphics at some point, I am currently putting together my goal horn, hopefully, that will be done soon.

I like what you got started ThisIsFine looks good. I love the Twitter post #savethetrees

Also, Is there any extra Arrows graphics like alternate logos or wordmark that were made? I only have the logo at this point.

I can get it to you.  I am actually at working on a bigger folder with all of that type of stuff for people to use.  

Last edited by Gritty (4/07/2020 8:23 pm)

4/07/2020 10:27 pm  #84

I like all of those ideas, Rick. The bus stop looks super realistic too. I definitely gotta work on some marketing ideas as well.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

4/07/2020 11:10 pm  #85

It’s nice how many people like the T-Dogs marketing campaign. Thanks, guys!

Oh, and by the way, Wallflower, Writing something making fun of the opposing team is going to be included normally in Terriers game promotion tweets.

Can’t wait to see what you guys come up with!

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

4/08/2020 12:04 am  #86

Gritty wrote:

Wallflower wrote:

I can get it to you.  I am actually at working on a bigger folder with all of that type of stuff for people to use.  

No rush Gritty just curious if there were some available, I can wait on the full folder.

4/08/2020 12:54 am  #87

FC Macbeth wrote:

I don't know much about Quebecois history, so here is one by a local band.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heU7-U6lEuQ
Expect to hear this as a goal song.

Any other recommendations?

UPDATE:

So, after listening to some musical acts from Quebec, here is what song is going to play.

LINEUP: Stadium Pow Wow (feat. Black Bear) by A Tribe Called Red
GOAL SCORED: Quebec Remparts's HornHymne à Québec by Loco Locass
WIN: Vive la Canadienne by La Bonne Chanson

INTERMISSION MUSIC: 
-
J'entends Frapper by Michel Pagliaro
-Alouette
-Mon Pays by Gilles Vigneault

I did some research into Quebec music to find something that suited well with Owls. I just want to keep it as local as possible.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

4/09/2020 3:56 pm  #88

Time to build your arenas.  This week we feature the buildings that our teams will play in.  This will help begin your team's fan identity, continue to build you in game experience and will also help me with the narratives to come.  I'll get things started with the The Montreal Skatium.  The inside vibe is a charming mix of Knight decor with Montreal Jazz.  What are some of the other buildings like in the AltHL.

4/09/2020 4:38 pm  #89

The Boston Ceilidh Hall it was built in early 2000 to replace the Boston Ice Forum which had been home to the Rovers since 1953 which simply had run it's course given the aging pipeworks and HVAC systems falling apart, wildly considered one of the worst places to play in. The Ceilidh Hall is very much something something, one quadrant of the whole arena is for standing room only usually with the "Boston Faithful" a local supporters group in the corner, shouting and jumping with the arena. There are a mix of carved wooden pillars along with celtic stone runes adorning the halls of the concourse. Thanks to the connections of the GNEEA, the food stalls in the Hall are some of the best in the league with award winning chefs making renditions of street food for those in the stands but there is also a couple pubs and restaurants in the arena for those who want the gameday feel without ponying up for the tickets. The Hall is also known for their famous chant for their "Boys in Green" making their own version of the Irish FA's own chant.

Last edited by Darknes (4/10/2020 6:20 pm)

4/09/2020 5:16 pm  #90

Built in the early 1980s as a replacement for the aging Stampede Corral, Calgary Gardens is unique among hockey venues, as it is outdoors. Its multipurpose nature means that it can host almost every conceivable sport. The stadium is filled with burnt orange on game nights, with a surprisingly large percentage of the crowd wearing 10-gallon hats to boot. The western aura is embraced here, where the prairie meets the mountains.

Board footera