Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/05/2020 10:35 pm  #1

AltHL Team Stuff Discussion (NOT OFFICIAL)

Hi, fellow AltHL owners!

This is not an official thread. It is a place for people like you to discuss the teams you own and their fans, traditions and Nikespeak about logos and uniforms. You can even post miscellaneous graphic design stuff here, like billboards and fake social media posts and advertisements and tickets and stuff, I dunno.

Have fun, I guess. I know I will when I actually get to pick a team.

See ya,

-Rick🇨🇦

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

4/05/2020 10:43 pm  #2

Re: AltHL Team Stuff Discussion (NOT OFFICIAL)

I like this idea, it gives us a way to interact with the public eye on meticulous things within our brands. Make this official, Gritty!

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

4/05/2020 10:47 pm  #3

By the way, Miles, you should probably update your avatar and signature.

4/06/2020 10:12 am  #4

I don’t think Gritty responded to my message about making the thread official, but maybe we should discuss anyway, because that’s the point of the thread. Who’s up first?

4/06/2020 1:05 pm  #5

I guess I am.

The Toronto Terriers have never played a game, but they already have a sprawling fanbase. Fans of the team have been attending public events for the team dressed in jerseys, face paint, and beer hats. There are also hardcore fans, who wear expensively-homemade costumes that tend to involve dogcatcher’s uniforms, collars, dog ears, fake tails, and hard hats with sirens on the top. One fan even showed up to the owner announcement wearing a terrier fursuit! Fans of the Terriers call themselves the “Kennel Crew”, and have already nicknamed the Terriers’ as-of-yet unnamed arena “The Doghouse”. Dan Kolby of Kingston, Ontario, who was wearing an alternate jersey and a rubber terrier mask, said “I think it’s kind of cool how quickly our fanbase is growing, It’s barely been a month since the unveiling of our logos and uniforms, and we’re already this league’s Raider Nation.”

When the Terriers actually hit the Ice, they plan to retire their first ever number: a paw print for the city of Toronto. The banner will be in white to make it different from future retired number banners, which will be in red. The Terriers will also release a Jack Russell Terrier onto the ice immediately before the team makes it’s entrance. He actually already has a name: Dukie. Their alternate maple leaf uniforms will be worn for home games against Montreal, Quebec, and New York, potential future rivals of the team.

So yeah, that’s the hockey culture of the T-dogs. 🐕

4/06/2020 1:15 pm  #6

I would wait to see how everyone else does before claiming yourself the raider nation of the AltHL

4/06/2020 1:23 pm  #7

Okay. How’s the Gargoyles’ fanbase doing, then?

4/06/2020 3:36 pm  #8

Okay, boys, so this thread is about to be done with to pave way for the AltHL sandbox. I hope you’re okay with that. Bye, I guess.

-Rick🇨🇦

Board footera