Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



3/20/2020 2:34 am  #21


Re: READ BEFORE POSTING: Fiction Forum Guidelines

Seadragon76 wrote:

So, do 'what if?' scenario count if you create a story about it?

Because my reason for joining this site was a place to do a "what if" run of the 2020 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament but with a few twists in there.

Yes I don't see a problem with this, as long as you follow our site rules. If you have further questions, PM me or Balu with a sample and we can give you some feedback before you post.


https://i.imgur.com/UBq6rnN.png
https://i.imgur.com/SPnIfBS.png
AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCH and the WHA: Redux.
 

4/08/2020 8:17 pm  #22


Re: READ BEFORE POSTING: Fiction Forum Guidelines

I have some basic ideas for new sports but don't have the time to develop teams and identities and histories, etc.  What if I post the basic idea and someone else can do the details if they want to?


http://tacrec.50webs.com/userbars.gif
 

4/11/2020 1:43 am  #23


Re: READ BEFORE POSTING: Fiction Forum Guidelines

CaliforniaGlowin wrote:

I have some basic ideas for new sports but don't have the time to develop teams and identities and histories, etc.  What if I post the basic idea and someone else can do the details if they want to?

I would post your ideas in the workshop to see if anyone's interest is piqued. Anyone who would want to start a series needs to be fully in charge though, even if it's a 50/50 collaboration in which both parties contribute content equally. As long as you're OK with that, hit up the workshop and let's hear the ideas!


https://i.imgur.com/UBq6rnN.png
https://i.imgur.com/SPnIfBS.png
AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCH and the WHA: Redux.
 

10/24/2022 9:37 pm  #24


Re: READ BEFORE POSTING: Fiction Forum Guidelines

Do I need graphics to do a story? I'm not very good at graphic design, so any timeline I'd do would probably just be lore.

 

10/24/2022 9:54 pm  #25


Re: READ BEFORE POSTING: Fiction Forum Guidelines

Mathemortician wrote:

Do I need graphics to do a story? I'm not very good at graphic design, so any timeline I'd do would probably just be lore.

 
Nope you don't some people like having the graphics to further help the story. But if you don't feel comfortable with graphics, by all means write away.


https://imgur.com/FBkx26r.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/OmvF1Sw.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/NheYlqz.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/4M8JjHt.pnghttps://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KQPrfeoaUiU/YNENDkHdjzI/AAAAAAAADxg/aBRmg7Dc2A4a0sROWpJ7DzNa6K4ubL2dACLcBGAsYHQ/s400/Boston%2BIndependents-01.png
 

10/24/2022 10:15 pm  #26


Re: READ BEFORE POSTING: Fiction Forum Guidelines

Darknes wrote:

Mathemortician wrote:

Do I need graphics to do a story? I'm not very good at graphic design, so any timeline I'd do would probably just be lore.

 
Nope you don't some people like having the graphics to further help the story. But if you don't feel comfortable with graphics, by all means write away.

Good to hear. As much as I'd love to show logos and uniforms, I don't think they'd look very good without months or years of graphic design training. And I don't want to, I mean, don't have time to do that.

 

10/24/2022 10:35 pm  #27


Re: READ BEFORE POSTING: Fiction Forum Guidelines

Mathemortician wrote:

Darknes wrote:

Mathemortician wrote:

Do I need graphics to do a story? I'm not very good at graphic design, so any timeline I'd do would probably just be lore.

 
Nope you don't some people like having the graphics to further help the story. But if you don't feel comfortable with graphics, by all means write away.

Good to hear. As much as I'd love to show logos and uniforms, I don't think they'd look very good without months or years of graphic design training. And I don't want to, I mean, don't have time to do that.

Tell a good story. If you just post standings and basic recaps, then that won't be enough to gain interest. If you don't want to utilize graphics then focus on the story element. Create characters and scenarios which generate interest. Each team or league should have a storyline that helps people follow along and want to know more.


https://i.imgur.com/UBq6rnN.png
https://i.imgur.com/SPnIfBS.png
AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCH and the WHA: Redux.
 

10/24/2022 11:05 pm  #28


Re: READ BEFORE POSTING: Fiction Forum Guidelines

Steelman wrote:

Mathemortician wrote:

Darknes wrote:


 
Nope you don't some people like having the graphics to further help the story. But if you don't feel comfortable with graphics, by all means write away.

Good to hear. As much as I'd love to show logos and uniforms, I don't think they'd look very good without months or years of graphic design training. And I don't want to, I mean, don't have time to do that.

Tell a good story. If you just post standings and basic recaps, then that won't be enough to gain interest. If you don't want to utilize graphics then focus on the story element. Create characters and scenarios which generate interest. Each team or league should have a storyline that helps people follow along and want to know more.

I'll remember that.

 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum