Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/30/2021 5:24 pm  #301

Re: AltLB Design Thread

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Huh… I guess having two of the exact same “C” logo bothered less people than I thought it would.

To be fair, they do differ quite a lot in terms of lines and execution.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

12/30/2021 5:50 pm  #302

Gritty wrote:

ANDY! wrote:

Hey Gritty, are we doing white home uniforms, gray aways, and whatever for an alt?

Yes! Great question. 

Home - White
Away - Gray
Alternate - Dealer's Choice

Up to you, but I'd like to see this be a bit less strict so that we can get e.g. cream at home, powder blue or sand on the road, etc.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

12/30/2021 6:56 pm  #303

ThisIsFine wrote:

Huh… I guess having two of the exact same “C” logo bothered less people than I thought it would.

Not really. Remove the mascot and the difference (outside of the angle of cut for the "C" opening) is a thick stroke instead of 2 thinner strokes that has a phantom outline style. 

12/30/2021 7:22 pm  #304

ThisIsFine wrote:

Not really. Remove the mascot and the difference (outside of the angle of cut for the "C" opening) is a thick stroke instead of 2 thinner strokes that has a phantom outline style. 

Yeah, to be honest, I really can't unsee the similarities now either.   Don't get me wrong, I like both of the logos a lot, but they are definitely very similar.   

I suppose one could always write the story as one of the owners literally just being lazy and copying the other teams logo, (sounds like something a Stickman would do.... hmmm).   That could be a little funny!

But yeah, really nice set of logos for the AltLB!   Can't wait for the jerseys!  

12/30/2021 10:29 pm  #305

I honestly find them both different enough to be in the same league. Just like in the nhl, both the flames and Canadians have a C-based logo, but due to the stylistic diffrences, they can be recognized as 2 different logo(more examples include cubs and reds and former indians,pirates and phillies, and padres and giants, etc.)  I feel like it’s the same situation here.(plus the mascot is in a different style.)

Last edited by CubsOrSox10 (12/30/2021 10:35 pm)

12/31/2021 1:51 am  #306

As a designer on one of the logos in question: there's not much else that could've been done here. Take away the griffin and it's really close to the Cubs' C because there's not much left to do with a C that hasn't been done before. The problem comes from having two fantastical mascots that require most or all of their body to be to properly communicate the mascot as well as both locations starting with a C. The solution was  ̶n̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶l̶e̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶s̶a̶i̶r̶s̶ just kinda suck it up and differentiate with colors, posing, and the shape of the animal.

Anyway, as stated earlier, I have a vector file with every logo. Because it's not done yet, I only have Group 1 to share. It'll get updated as necessary. Here's a folder with the AI, SVG, and PNG.

Last edited by QCS (12/31/2021 2:05 am)

12/31/2021 1:51 am  #307

But the style isn’t different nor do they focus on a “C”. They are both a completely different mascot logo with a different style on a “C” that is identical to the other. Two separate elements of the whole and I’m just commenting on the actual “C”, not the entirety of the logo.

And sure everything has been done with a “C” but that doesn’t mean there aren’t very many options to choose from… we just so happened to land on two of the same option.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (12/31/2021 1:56 am)

12/31/2021 2:15 am  #308

But the style isn’t different nor do they focus on a “C”. They are both a completely different mascot logo with a different style on a “C” that is identical to the other. Two separate elements of the whole and I’m just commenting on the actual “C”, not the entirety of the logo.

And sure everything has been done with a “C” but that doesn’t mean there aren’t very many options to choose from… we just so happened to land on two of the same option.

Gotcha, I misunderstood your post. For what it's worth again, I didn't make my C with the intention of being similar to Cincy's, I made it purely with the intent of fitting "Carolina" and the griffin logo I had made. Rounded font, nothing too pointy as the griffin is mostly round as well, enough negative space to fit the griffin comfortably while not stretching too far, and something that will match a wordmark nicely. I'd imagine Dire went through the same thought process for the Centaurs and we both landed on the Cubs-like C. I tried other Cs, trust me, I did, but this one fit the logo and brand best by a mile. Something I did do to deliberately distinguish the two was keep the griffin on the cap instead of just having the C.

1/11/2022 6:07 pm  #309

Hey everyone. I am away on vacation this week. But just because I am away doesn't mean we can't submit the GROUP B uniforms by this SUNDAY. 

I will then compile the submissions for both GROUP A and GROUP B and launch those polls on Monday, January 17. 

1/17/2022 12:40 pm  #310

Thank you everyone for your submissions. Here are groups A & B. Group C is due next SUNDAY. I apologize that the images are not all the same size. Working on that. 

https://forms.gle/2wKMecwvt5rJDbJp9

Last edited by Gritty (1/19/2022 2:41 pm)

Board footera